• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Alloys on cars with pics thread

So many beautiful wheels at Rays, not cheap, but light!!! ....and no one comes with TÜV/EU papers. No chance to drive them legally in Germany.
These 57extremes are a great mixture of OZs Super- and Ultraleggeras. Choose between 7,5x18 ET49 or 8,5x18 ET48.
Or the 57Transcend in 8x18 ET45 or 8,5x18 ET50. So disappointing.....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bu11eT
Winter wheels and tyres are on mine. The wheels are Proline CX300s and I love the ride on the 18s and if anyone is considering the Michelin CrossClimate + then I can also highly recommend them.IMG_4763 (2).JPGIMG_4762 (2).JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Shadow-Flo
Winter wheels and tyres are on mine. The wheels are Proline CX300s and I love the ride on the 18s and if anyone is considering the Michelin CrossClimate + then I can also highly recommend them.

How come you went for CrossClimate's in the UK? It never gets cold enough to warrant winter tires ? Unless you are from very very far up north then I can understand.
 
How come you went for CrossClimate's in the UK? It never gets cold enough to warrant winter tires ? Unless you are from very very far up north then I can understand.

Often see temps around freezing (even in the sunny southwest, especially early mornings & evenings). And, of course, lots of rain!

I went for all-seasons for the N last year, rather than full winters, as I'm not venturing up to the north like I used to. Dartmoor can get pretty chilly, and a lot of untreated roads.

Plus, the P Zero N is utter cack as soon as temps drop below about 10°C! :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: iiNNEX
Often see temps around freezing (even in the sunny southwest, especially early mornings & evenings). And, of course, lots of rain!

I went for all-seasons for the N last year, rather than full winters, as I'm not venturing up to the north like I used to. Dartmoor can get pretty chilly, and a lot of untreated roads.

Plus, the P Zero N is utter cack as soon as temps drop below about 10°C! :D

I see, makes sense. I fully agree about the P Zero N, I am thinking of swapping to MPS4S as soon as possible, or anything in that range.
 
I see, makes sense. I fully agree about the P Zero N, I am thinking of swapping to MPS4S as soon as possible, or anything in that range.

Hear good things about the MPS4S, not sure what to look at when the Zeroes are due for the front.
 
Hi guys,
Is there anyone with alloys with 8J and ET39?

I want to know if the ET is to low and if it is affecting something and maybe someone has some photos with this fit.

I want to order Rial Lucca and there are 2 options. ET45 and ET39, both with 8J, but the ET45 are ~120Euros more.
 
How come you went for CrossClimate's in the UK? It never gets cold enough to warrant winter tires ? Unless you are from very very far up north then I can understand.

Do you not remember 2010 and 2011 when we had snow on the ground for months with sub zero temps?
The lowest I saw on my works van was 2011 with -18C at 8am, kerosene heating oil was waxing and becoming thick enough not to flow. We had several diesel vans freeze the fuel filters solid.
 
Do you not remember 2010 and 2011 when we had snow on the ground for months with sub zero temps?
The lowest I saw on my works van was 2011 with -18C at 8am, kerosene heating oil was waxing and becoming thick enough not to flow. We had several diesel vans freeze the fuel filters solid.

Yes I do but that was a long time ago. If it comes to it and it happens again, sure buy a winter set but otherwise it is not necessary for the majority of the UK. I know some northerners get it quite bad though.
 
It's the tyre compound that's the problem below 7C the rubber on a summer tyre drops below it's working range and becomes stiff and reduces grip.
All season and winter tyres use more silica in the rubber compound so provide better grip in cold, wet conditions because the rubber stays supple enough to bite into the surface. Reducing stopping distances significantly.

Search for a channel called Tyre Reviews on YouTube he covers everything from all season, winters, performance tyres. The videos of an M3 on a winters vs 4wd on summers are eye opening, hint only one car gets up the slope.
Even if you are not interested in the winter/all season tyres he does a lot of performance tyre shootouts too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: iiNNEX
So this was just too good to pass up on:
Wheels Capture.JPG

A set of 19" Pro Race 1.3s for £500. Yes please!! (and 0% credit on them too)
Probably take me weeks to get them fitted on car though......:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Rotorhead500