• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Air Filter & Intake Discussion

JAYtheVET

Apr 23, 2019
Germany
Finally got my airpipe and turbo intake in the mail...but I think there is a problem.

The flanges on the airpipe aren't bored out! See pictures

I know other people on this site have purchased the airpipe thru Gruppenzwang. Was your airpipe the same? Do I have a problem?

My neighbor owns a metalworking business so If I have to bore out the elbow myself no big deal. I can't believe it wouldn't come to me finished...WTF!

Attachments

Last edited:

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Oh shoot, I didn't see they didn't bore thru the main body. Now I understand what you're referring too.😳

That's not going to work at all. You can bore them yourself but frankly I'd send it back. Sending them a photo and asking for a replacement to be sent first and an RMA postage paid, with the one to be returned.😲

They didn't QC the pipe at all.😵

Last edited:

Felix

Jan 15, 2020
Germany
Finally got my airpipe and turbo intake in the mail...but I think there is a problem.

I know other people on this site have purchased the airpipe thru Gruppenzwang. Was your airpipe the same? Do I have a problem?

My neighbor owns a metalworking business so If I have to bore out the elbow myself no big deal. I can't believe it wouldn't come to me finished...WTF!
Wtf!?

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK

Wow, thats terrible!

JAYtheVET

Apr 23, 2019
Germany

Follow up...Mr. Venner from Gruppenzwang called me. (He has a spy in the forum)

Anyway, a new (completed) airpipe is being sent to me tomorrow.

Although my experience with them was a nightmare, the guy does exceptional work. Materials for the pipe and hoses are as good as can be found and his welds are beautiful. As soon as install the parts I'll upload a pic. I expect I'll be pleased in the end. I just want this to be over.

JAYtheVET

Apr 23, 2019
Germany
This is a good thing!! At least he's acknowledging the issue up front and taking a positive step to correct it. :) 👍
Dude, you said it. The guy is really nice and does great work. Yeah, their customer service sucks ass but at least he's trying. If I stuck to principal I would never purchase from them again but I really can't say that because I'm not a professional race car driver and don't need the parts tonight. As an independent parts provider he does some of the best work I've ever seen - you just have to wait forever for your stuff. I can wait, they're figuring it out - I respect that. I'm just disappointed with my experience, it happens.

I would do business with them again. But I would make sure I have a delivery and pay by date first.

SayMyNamyang

Sep 3, 2020
Porto
Follow up...Mr. Venner from Gruppenzwang called me. (He has a spy in the forum)

Anyway, a new (completed) airpipe is being sent to me tomorrow.

Although my experience with them was a nightmare, the guy does exceptional work. Materials for the pipe and hoses are as good as can be found and his welds are beautiful. As soon as install the parts I'll upload a pic. I expect I'll be pleased in the end. I just want this to be over.
Well, it's pretty cool that he contacted you before waiting for you to get in touch with him

Reactions: JAYtheVET