• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N 2021 i30 N

Question for the guys who already got their n

is it just me or did my i30n got louder after 2000km? :D

i30 Fastback N DCT
 
Question for the guys who already got their n

is it just me or did my i30n got louder after 2000km? :D

i30 Fastback N DCT

It'll do this in most cars. Once everything settles in etc. My past 3 cars have done so.

Anyone who got their car in the UK able to confirm if we get the Through Loading system? I see other countries have it but I saw a walk around of a UK car and it didn't have it. Can't think why they'd remove that for the UK Market.
 
  • Like
Reactions: asdf144
Correct.
Old manual - 6.1
New manual - 5.9
DCT - 5.4

Though just slowly realising we may not be tackling about 0-100 times and I've come into the conversation without quick being on the same topic. :p
He was changing gears manually too would be interested to see him do it fully auto then maybe would be faster. All academic of course unless you are planning to race. I find the dct fast enough and it definitely feels faster than my previous i30n performance manual.
 
It'll do this in most cars. Once everything settles in etc. My past 3 cars have done so.

Anyone who got their car in the UK able to confirm if we get the Through Loading system? I see other countries have it but I saw a walk around of a UK car and it didn't have it. Can't think why they'd remove that for the UK Market.
Not sure what you mean about through loading. Just split seats with the N light interior. Maybe different with the standard seats.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0372.jpg
    DSC_0372.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 74
I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?

I had the same problems in Romania with all the dealers I've asked. Some of them told me that the Performance Blue color is Metalic, others told me it's Pearlscent... and actually is just a basic color. I didn't cared too much because I've managed to negotiate with them the cost of the painting.
 
I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?
Shadow Grey is 100% non-extra paint. Dark Knight is extra as it Black, as both are metallic.
I will track down the bulletin stating this.

UPDATE: Found the official post on the N-Performance Australia page noting this. Also the hyundai website link states which are mica and which are not.

 

Attachments

  • Pricing.PNG
    Pricing.PNG
    255.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Can I ask for anyone who already has their I30N.

Has anyone asked their dealership to not touch the car when its delivered on the transporter? I would prefer to detail it myself and dont want them washing it, have other dealerships left the protective film on the car for you until you arrive to collect it?
 
At least us Victorians know we won't be getting the car until Wednesday at the earliest now... (the state is going into lockdown thanks to the incompetence of another states government, the federal government, and some people not understanding what it means to be in isolation).
 
At least us Victorians know we won't be getting the car until Wednesday at the earliest now... (the state is going into lockdown thanks to the incompetence of another states government, the federal government, and some people not understanding what it means to be in isolation).
Yeah, couldn't have put it better myself! We just have to hurry up and wait... I was hoping to get a look at it next week, that wont be the case anymore.
 
Can I ask for anyone who already has their I30N.

Has anyone asked their dealership to not touch the car when its delivered on the transporter? I would prefer to detail it myself and dont want them washing it, have other dealerships left the protective film on the car for you until you arrive to collect it?

I've done it in the past. They have to remove the protective film but they should comply with not washing it. It'll save them time so they're usually quite happy to do so.
 
I just saw this ad on Facebook which was funny. My dealer isn't giving me anything but mats.

Exclusive to Doncaster Hyundai, purchase a new Hyundai i30 N and receive a bonus drawing of your exact vehicle by NaishArt on delivery, valued at $750!
Hurry, this offer must end August 31, 2021. 
To book your test drive and to find out more, contact the team at Doncaster Hyundai.
 
The new DCT will be faster than the manual, as you physically can't change gears quicker than a DCT.
The shift speed isn't the only factor though. There is the additional weight as mentioned above. Also it depends on the shift point. Imagine DCT programmed to upshift at 2000 rpm, yes the individual shifts would be super quick but the vehicle would be slower than a manual shifting at 6000 rpm. IDK, but DCT may be more conservative than a manually shifting driver.

Obviously the driver input can influence a manual shift but would have little effect on the DCT 'experience'. That's one of the reasons that I'm not interested in DCT, I want some involvement, not just a fastest time.
 
The shift speed isn't the only factor though. There is the additional weight as mentioned above. Also it depends on the shift point. Imagine DCT programmed to upshift at 2000 rpm, yes the individual shifts would be super quick but the vehicle would be slower than a manual shifting at 6000 rpm. IDK, but DCT may be more conservative than a manually shifting driver.

Obviously the driver input can influence a manual shift but would have little effect on the DCT 'experience'. That's one of the reasons that I'm not interested in DCT, I want some involvement, not just a fastest time.
Some interesting points but what about using the NGS button:) guess this one will only be solved by some back to back tests
 
I test drove a DCT today. Apart from being hilariously fast, I think I much prefer the manual. While it's good for a DCT, I think I'll get bored pretty quickly. One thing I will say is I found the N Light seats to be quite uncomfortable. My arse is still numb and the bolsters dug into my right leg a bit. Spoilt the car for me sadly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Xcelr8 and Da-N-i30
Can I ask for anyone who already has their I30N.

Has anyone asked their dealership to not touch the car when its delivered on the transporter? I would prefer to detail it myself and dont want them washing it, have other dealerships left the protective film on the car for you until you arrive to collect it?

Asked my dealership to do the same, they state that nothing will be removed prior to my collection; both inside and out. (Going straight to a professional detailer after collection who can remove).

At least that is what I have been assured, if it happens is another matter..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Crossy_99