Question for the guys who already got their n
is it just me or did my i30n got louder after 2000km?
i30 Fastback N DCT
He was changing gears manually too would be interested to see him do it fully auto then maybe would be faster. All academic of course unless you are planning to race. I find the dct fast enough and it definitely feels faster than my previous i30n performance manual.Correct.
Old manual - 6.1
New manual - 5.9
DCT - 5.4
Though just slowly realising we may not be tackling about 0-100 times and I've come into the conversation without quick being on the same topic.![]()
Not sure what you mean about through loading. Just split seats with the N light interior. Maybe different with the standard seats.It'll do this in most cars. Once everything settles in etc. My past 3 cars have done so.
Anyone who got their car in the UK able to confirm if we get the Through Loading system? I see other countries have it but I saw a walk around of a UK car and it didn't have it. Can't think why they'd remove that for the UK Market.
Not sure what you mean about through loading. Just split seats with the N light interior. Maybe different with the standard seats.
Maybe because we don't go skiing?So we don't get it. I'm really confused as to why.
Through loading is a small hatch in the middle. Intended to make transporting long items easier.
You can see it in this collection of images:
Maybe because we don't go skiing?
Just put it in a cage and fold down the back of one part. That's what we do so he can see us as he is a small dog.I was going to use it as a mid journey service hatch for the dog.![]()
I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?
Shadow Grey is 100% non-extra paint. Dark Knight is extra as it Black, as both are metallic.I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?
Yeah, couldn't have put it better myself! We just have to hurry up and wait... I was hoping to get a look at it next week, that wont be the case anymore.At least us Victorians know we won't be getting the car until Wednesday at the earliest now... (the state is going into lockdown thanks to the incompetence of another states government, the federal government, and some people not understanding what it means to be in isolation).
Can I ask for anyone who already has their I30N.
Has anyone asked their dealership to not touch the car when its delivered on the transporter? I would prefer to detail it myself and dont want them washing it, have other dealerships left the protective film on the car for you until you arrive to collect it?
The shift speed isn't the only factor though. There is the additional weight as mentioned above. Also it depends on the shift point. Imagine DCT programmed to upshift at 2000 rpm, yes the individual shifts would be super quick but the vehicle would be slower than a manual shifting at 6000 rpm. IDK, but DCT may be more conservative than a manually shifting driver.The new DCT will be faster than the manual, as you physically can't change gears quicker than a DCT.
...I want some involvement, not just a fastest time.
Some interesting points but what about using the NGS buttonThe shift speed isn't the only factor though. There is the additional weight as mentioned above. Also it depends on the shift point. Imagine DCT programmed to upshift at 2000 rpm, yes the individual shifts would be super quick but the vehicle would be slower than a manual shifting at 6000 rpm. IDK, but DCT may be more conservative than a manually shifting driver.
Obviously the driver input can influence a manual shift but would have little effect on the DCT 'experience'. That's one of the reasons that I'm not interested in DCT, I want some involvement, not just a fastest time.
Can I ask for anyone who already has their I30N.
Has anyone asked their dealership to not touch the car when its delivered on the transporter? I would prefer to detail it myself and dont want them washing it, have other dealerships left the protective film on the car for you until you arrive to collect it?