• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N 2021 i30 N

Have an Aussie been able to get an insurance quote on the FL i30N DCT? If so, which insurance company. And, yes, I am proceeding with the purchase, even after I had a tantrum.

The 2021 car still appears to be missing from all the insurance company databases, so the closest option for a rough quote is a 2020 manual lux pack.

I'm also wanting a proper quote. Hopefully it's not too far away.

Reactions: Xcelr8
And I asked my n pusher if we can change from Dark Knight to Polar White. I dont like my chances at this point.

I will make my review soon because I'm driving it carefully since I want to keep it for a long time.
So far what I can say is that even in eco mode from the start and go positions car likes to rev higher than 3000 rpm so I shift with paddle shifters and it works find on the drive mode (you don't need engage manual mode to use paddle shifters)
The sound is more than I expected and in my opinion is louder than the previous one with 91db.
I don't want to mislead anyone maybe I didn't have enough time with pre facelift.
I encourage anyone who's doubting weather should or shouldn't buy is test drive it I'm sure you will love it.
Ps. In Europe is a limited sale per year and I got 46/150 for Luxembourg.
Fuel economy is around 8 liters which is alright driving normal and N mode.
I belive it could be easily going around 7 liters per 100km on a long journey.

I will make my review soon because I'm driving it carefully since I want to keep it for a long time.
So far what I can say is that even in eco mode from the start and go positions car likes to rev higher than 3000 rpm so I shift with paddle shifters and it works find on the drive mode (you don't need engage manual mode to use paddle shifters)
The sound is more than I expected and in my opinion is louder than the previous one with 91db.
I don't want to mislead anyone maybe I didn't have enough time with pre facelift.
I encourage anyone who's doubting weather should or shouldn't buy is test drive it I'm sure you will love it.
Ps. In Europe is a limited sale per year and I got 46/150 for Luxembourg.
Fuel economy is around 8 liters which is alright driving normal and N mode.
I belive it could be easily going around 7 liters per 100km on a long journey.

In normal mode the suspension is comfortable in a long journey? 😯

Yes and it's not a trick.
Suspension is awesome you almost don't feel anything when it's on eco or normal.
I don't have much experience with other car brands but for the sport car it's really good.
On N mode going over some cracks feels like you are rolling just on the wheels without tires.
It doesn't bother me because I'm in love 😍🤗🚗💨💥

As I've mentioned before, I'm doing a 1100km(~10 hour) trip on Sunday and I'll let everyone know if my wife was complaining the whole time 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: SGI30NDCT
Today I have a test drove new i30N with sport seats pack and DCT. Hats off, it a better car by a large margin.

1. BRAKES!!! This is what surprised me the most. Not only there are bigger and stronger (I haven't tested as car had just 700km and I wont trash even a demo car) but there is no more slack when pressing a brake pedal. The felt much much more responsive and stronger during normal driving.

2. N-Sport seats - The look better, they have illuminated logo and you know what? They are more comfortable than electric seats. I was afraid that my fat ass won't fit in them and first feel was worrying. I felt that lower sides are clamping my ass too much. Then I drove it and when I left the car I remember that my ass wasn't hurting. Ofc it was a 20 minute drive but still, no discomfort. I have found out that although it seems that the sitting is smaller but I there is much more foam in it. I could barely feel the seat structure under the foam. When I got back to my car I immediately felt the difference. Although I fit in them, the seat structure is more pronounced, which is why I feeldiscomfort after a long drive. The only problem is that sides are bigger so there is less space when getting in and out. Nothing major though.

I forgot that can lower them so I don't how low they go.

3. THE ONE AND ONLY DCT!!! - again hats off. This gearbox is as good as it can be. Thanks to wet clutches in starts from a stand still very gently, like a normal automatic, but its lightining fast in manual mode. I drove different cars and this is the best gearbox that I have driven. I was playing with it and constantly changing gears and they were really as fast as they should be.

Note that there is no typical VW WLTP bullshit with any lagin the drive train. Car goes like it should. In normal traffic gearbox is keeping the proper gear so you always feel torque. It is much more snappy in normal driving to the point that at high speed when gearbox cannot do much magic, it feel slower xD

On a test drive I drove through my favourite bend at full throttle. It was much easier to just keep the steering wheel in a proper position at the limit and just change up with one finger. Oh and paddles are midium size. Bigger than bmw's and audis but not that big as in ferrari where half the wheels is surround by paddles. They are good enough for a hot hatch.

4. Wheels in real life look much better than in the photos. I disliked them at first but found them very good looking. They have gun metal color with some mettalic effect.

This year I will be changing my job and because I'm almost a senior developer I will be able and definately will order a replacement for my only year old i30n.

IMHO Facelift is just a perfect version of i30N and its up top with all of the best hot hatches in the market.

One more note.

I was driving fastback which I never drove before. I noticed that even though demo cars have locked settings for n custom mode, the ride on hardest settings for shocks was surprisingy less harsch that in my car. It was like middle setting in pre-lift. ALso i noticed there was less exhaust coming into cabin butI guess this is due to how fastback's boot is constructed. I was warned about it by my salesmen that fastback is a little bit different that hatchback.

I30N FL arrived in dealerships in Portugal.

So 48k euros with the N Seats and the model in display is a manual car...🤔
Shouldn't only be available the DCT version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: asdf144
One more note.

I was driving fastback which I never drove before. I noticed that even though demo cars have locked settings for n custom mode, the ride on hardest settings for shocks was surprisingy less harsch that in my car. It was like middle setting in pre-lift. ALso i noticed there was less exhaust coming into cabin butI guess this is due to how fastback's boot is constructed. I was warned about it by my salesmen that fastback is a little bit different that hatchback.

i can tell from my fastback, for anyone concerned. You can here the Pops and Bangs in the cabine and it is HEAVILY banging over 3.500 rounds/min. Yesterday i had like 6 bangs in a row in a tunnel with NGS, was fun :p

ps you should get it with sunroof then you can hear it even better if you open it :p:p:p:p:p

edit: btw does anyone have also login issues with hyundai bluelink app? it doesnt work at all for me since 2 days.... :(

Last edited:
The FL benefits are great, but the price hike is also what will put a lot of people off.
Here in Lithuania the pre-fl manual hatch was in the region of 26-27k EUR.
A dealer has the new DCT FL model (just the sunroof as option, no n-light seats) for 36k EUR.

That is the same price as a Golf Clubsport, Cupra Leon or Formentor...

And yet you get a better car. Best sound of the all, best infotainment (no lags and crashes like in vag), better gearbox, better warranty which also include track days.

its True that it’s no longer a bargain, which is also really unfortunate for me, but car is also much better. At least your aregetting for what you’re paying.

The FL benefits are great, but the price hike is also what will put a lot of people off.
Here in Lithuania the pre-fl manual hatch was in the region of 26-27k EUR.
A dealer has the new DCT FL model (just the sunroof as option, no n-light seats) for 36k EUR.

That is the same price as a Golf Clubsport, Cupra Leon or Formentor...
But the base i30N comes fully equipped, there's not much to add. Basic Cupras are not that well equipped. There are many things you can add (and raise the price). Well-equipped (not fully equipped) Leon 2.0 TSI is ~ 200k PLN, a well-equipped Formentor 2.0 TSI 4x4 is ~ 230k PLN, and i30N Performance DCT with a sports package (N Light Seats) - fully equipped is ~ 160k PLN.

You are comparing non discounted prices of Vags to heavily discounted price of hyundai. In catalogue prices of seat it would a difference of 185k to 168k.

Leon for 200k will have brembo brakes and some crazy wheels and other additions. Question is whether you like those additions or not. I find new N brakes superb and would not change much in it. Pre-facelift has some shortcomings which were all fixed now.

You are comparing non discounted prices of Vags to heavily discounted price of hyundai. In catalogue prices of seat it would a difference of 185k to 168k.
Yes, because you can get discount in Hyundai, and in Cupra i was told, that policy of Cupra is "no discount" (like in Mazda).

I find new N brakes superb and would not change much in it. Pre-facelift has some shortcomings which were all fixed now.
I find them superb too. Wheels in i30N are awesome as well. That is why i add Brembo brakes and some stuff to Leon / Formentor to make them as equal equipped as my i30N Performance with Sport Package.

I thought so that VAG don't give discounts anymore as they are lagging severely with production so the demand already through the orbit for them