• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N 2021 i30 N

I can't believe that that his is something Hyundai decided to do as a strategy. It's hard to think that their executives had a meeting and thought " here's what we'll do. We'll keep the price a secret, ask people to order their cars and then surprise/shock them with the price " šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It sounds more of lousy handling from individual dealers.
With the new cars starvation of the market and extended delivery times, they probably think they can get away with such approach.

I have to say I faced the same thing last October, when I reached out to the local dealer asking about the fastback.
The answer was "it's only with pre-order and it takes around 5 months for delivery. Since we brought only hatchbacks so far, you should estimate a higher price for the fastback and because we'll have the FL model by the time youā€™ll get it, you should estimate that it will also be more expensive" .

I had to 'estimate' that the fastback is more expensive and I had also ā€˜estimateā€™ that the FL will be more expensive of the more expensive fastback, all without getting any indication what ā€œmore expensiveā€ is.
I resulted to a second-hand import where at least I had a very solid idea of what I had to ā€˜estimateā€™ šŸ˜Š

I can't believe that that his is something Hyundai decided to do as a strategy. It's hard to think that their executives had a meeting and thought " here's what we'll do. We'll keep the price a secret, ask people to order their cars and then surprise/shock them with the price " šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

It sounds more of lousy handling from individual dealers.
With the new cars starvation of the market and extended delivery times, they probably think they can get away with such approach.

I have to say I faced the same thing last October, when I reached out to the local dealer asking about the fastback.
The answer was "it's only with pre-order and it takes around 5 months for delivery. Since we brought only hatchbacks so far, you should estimate a higher price for the fastback and because we'll have the FL model by the time youā€™ll get it, you should estimate that it will also be more expensive" .

I had to 'estimate' that the fastback is more expensive and I had also ā€˜estimateā€™ that the FL will be more expensive of the more expensive fastback, all without getting any indication what ā€œmore expensiveā€ is.
I resulted to a second-hand import where at least I had a very solid idea of what I had to ā€˜estimateā€™ šŸ˜Š

I believe it only takes one dumb person with power who thinks they know everything and the whole Australian market suffers because of that. At least here in Europe most of us were able to order as soon as the pricing was available. I just don't understand the strategy of other markets. Somehow seems impossible to order something without knowing the price, and yet they ordered the cars.

I was only talking with the dealer principle from my local Hyundai dealer yesterday, he was experiencing the same pain with regards to communication. This was relating to the all-new Tucson, which have arrived locally, but not pricing and expected delivery to dealers has been announced! Based on this, and comments from other here, I would suggest that buyers are being treated like mushrooms...

As I said to the dealer principle , just have to hurry up and wait...

The launch of the upgraded vehicle may be delayed locally, as Hyundai may whish to launch the Kona N, i20N, and i30N all at the same time.

• Wow
Reactions: Hayden120
Performance Blue: https://www.otomoto.pl/oferta/hyundai-i30-n-nowosc-280-km-automat-8dct-rm21-ID6DEjrd.html

image;s=1080x720
image;s=1080x720
image;s=1080x720

The launch of the upgraded vehicle may be delayed locally, as Hyundai may whish to launch the Kona N, i20N, and i30N all at the same time.

I seriously hope not. Arbitrarily withholding vehicles we've ordered would be absolutely ridiculous. Considering the Kona N hasn't even been fully unveiled yet, I doubt it would arrive before Q4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xcelr8
I seriously hope not. Arbitrarily withholding vehicles we've ordered would be absolutely ridiculous. Considering the Kona N hasn't even been fully unveiled yet, I doubt it would arrive before Q4.
Look, at the end of the day, it's all speculation. I agree, it would be ridiculous to hold off till Q4 to launch all three variants simultaneously, but no one really knows, unless of course you work in the marketing/sales department at Hyundai central!

As previously mentioned, I have been told that the vehicle I have on order is scheduled for delivery at the dealer around 17th June.

However, no specific year was provided...

;)

There was a recent discussion regarding the look of the updated rims, apart from performance blue these are my top body colour picks that best suit the new style, in no particular order.

1618456516186.png1618456532116.png1618456541475.png

Reactions: KawaiiiO
To be honest at this point all I want is the price it will cost me in 13 months. Then I could take a break from checking all car related things until 2022 and then take a look at the customizations that were done in this forum.

Hi, folks! In my first post on this page I just want to aim your attention to the seats again. I went to my local dealer yesterday as the cars just arrived. I wanted to compare both Luxury (pretty much just the pre-FL) and Sport (N-lightened) seats as Iā€™m 195 cm tall so thereā€™s a lot for me that can be wrong. My observations:
  • Sport seats are not electrically adjustable (somebody was not sure about it lately)
  • Sport seats can be set much lower than the Luxury seats, which in my case means that theyā€™re the only possible choice to be made
  • When seating in Luxury seats set to the lowest position, the rear view mirror covers most of my right side view through the windshield, also being first to stop on the red light would be a pain because of the eyes being set just on the windshieldā€™s upper border line
  • Luxury seats can be set ergonomically, just as they would be set in the pre-FL model
  • Sport seatsā€™ headrest is still on a good level, meaning my head can rest there even with no height regulation which is obvious in case of any bucket-like seats
Iā€™m not 100% sure if Australian dealers would offer the same choice as we have in Poland, but for anyone whoā€™s tall and unsure about what to get, my advice would be to compare the seats before ordering the car, or go with the buckets (manual) as theyā€™re set lower. Also - I think that if the buckets had the electrical adjustment motors underneath them, theyā€™d also be set higher that the manual ones, so keep that in mind.

Hi, folks! In my first post on this page I just want to aim your attention to the seats again. I went to my local dealer yesterday as the cars just arrived. I wanted to compare both Luxury (pretty much just the pre-FL) and Sport (N-lightened) seats as Iā€™m 195 cm tall so thereā€™s a lot for me that can be wrong. My observations:
  • Sport seats are not electrically adjustable (somebody was not sure about it lately)
  • Sport seats can be set much lower than the Luxury seats, which in my case means that theyā€™re the only possible choice to be made
  • When seating in Luxury seats set to the lowest position, the rear view mirror covers most of my right side view through the windshield, also being first to stop on the red light would be a pain because of the eyes being set just on the windshieldā€™s upper border line
  • Luxury seats can be set ergonomically, just as they would be set in the pre-FL model
  • Sport seatsā€™ headrest is still on a good level, meaning my head can rest there even with no height regulation which is obvious in case of any bucket-like seats
Iā€™m not 100% sure if Australian dealers would offer the same choice as we have in Poland, but for anyone whoā€™s tall and unsure about what to get, my advice would be to compare the seats before ordering the car, or go with the buckets (manual) as theyā€™re set lower. Also - I think that if the buckets had the electrical adjustment motors underneath them, theyā€™d also be set higher that the manual ones, so keep that in mind.
As already mentioned, great info. Even thought I'm a little on the heavier side, hell I'm a fat bastard, I will still go with the lux electric seats. The three models' we are expecting are a base model in both manual and DCT, a sports version with only a manual and sports seats, and luxury variant with all the bells and whistles (including sunroof and lux seats) in manual and DCT. Will be sitting in and test driving the vehicle prior to any money changing hands.

Reactions: pth86
As already mentioned, great info. Even thought I'm a little on the heavier side, hell I'm a fat bastard, I will still go with the lux electric seats. The three models' we are expecting are a base model in both manual and DCT, a sports version with only a manual and sports seats, and luxury variant with all the bells and whistles (including sunroof and lux seats) in manual and DCT. Will be sitting in and test driving the vehicle prior to any money changing hands.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the dealer bulletins indicate that the luxury seats won't be coming to Australia for the facelift.

The Premium trim, whether manual or DCT, comes with the N Light seats. The DCT version of the Premium also adds the sunroof.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the dealer bulletins indicate that the luxury seats won't be coming to Australia for the facelift.

The Premium trim, whether manual or DCT, comes with the N Light seats. The DCT version of the Premium also adds the sunroof.
if that is the case, there are two many boxes that go un-ticked. I'm going to wait until official specs are released, but it's getting to the point that I would rather wait and buy something else. No great loss at the end of the day.

"The company will use N Day as a platform for sharing the N brand high-performance philosophy, introduce the new brand claim, make news about upcoming N models, and talk about its future e-performance direction. This part will be presented by Thomas Schemera, Executive Vice President and Head of Customer Experience Division."