• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2021 i30 N

glennbot

Nthusiast
Mar 24, 2018
Brisbane
The price of the car has already been hiked up so there is no way I'm paying for an expensive sunroof just to get the nice seats.

I accept that the price increase does include some nice upgrades in the FL from the previous model but this is pushing the cost closer to German brands which have premium equipment and I'm starting to think is it worth it?

What specs are important to me might be differnet to others but this is how I see it.

Must have:
DCT, new wheels, N Light Seats, AutoWipers/Climate, Parking sensors, Keyless entry, Apple/Android Auto and Led Lights.

Should have:
Active Cruise control, Forward Collision warning, rear vents and a leather hand brake.

Doesn't need:
Smart Sense Gear - Blind Spot Collision warning, Lane Keep Assist (this is a sports car so why does it need it!), Australia has generally a warm climate (no snow) so why include a heated steering wheel and seats.

Sunroof should be Optional (with the DCT)

Reactions: bennnY

MoulaZ

Mar 23, 2021
Sydney, Australia
If the top of the line here in Australia doesn't come with electric/power seats then pretty much kills it for me right there. Not going to pay a premium in 2021 for manually adjusting seats. It was meant to be my new daily but I'd rather sacrifice a bit of oomph for luxury.

Wife's Cerato from 2015, auto flips mirrors out and lights up the ground when you walk up with key fob with you. Turn the car on and the seats auto move into the last active preset. Turn the car off and open the door and the seat auto movies back. It's such a small thing but adds such a premium feel.

Feel the same. I was so much looking forward to getting this car, now, not going to bother anymore, seriously considering canceling my order next week. Basic safety and comfort items not included, no pricing or spec's. I would rather drive a lower powered Golf GTI at least you get the comfort, tech and performance.
I'm really close to going down this path myself now.

Da-N-i30

Feb 4, 2021
Deutschland
The price of the car has already been hiked up so there is no way I'm paying for an expensive sunroof just to get the nice seats.

I accept that the price increase does include some nice upgrades in the FL from the previous model but this is pushing the cost closer to German brands which have premium equipment and I'm starting to think is it worth it?

What specs are important to me might be differnet to others but this is how I see it.

Must have:
DCT, new wheels, N Light Seats, AutoWipers/Climate, Parking sensors, Keyless entry, Apple/Android Auto and Led Lights.

Should have:
Active Cruise control, Forward Collision warning, rear vents and a leather hand brake.

Doesn't need:
Smart Sense Gear - Blind Spot Collision warning, Lane Keep Assist (this is a sports car so why does it need it!), Australia has generally a warm climate (no snow) so why include a heated steering wheel and seats.

Sunroof should be Optional (with the DCT)
Haha Sorry but these arguments are funny. Lane assist is a security assistant. You just said it‘s a sports car but you want a sports car with active cruise control?!

Of course I know this is your personal opinion ;)
And yes, releasing a car without an „ACC“ is actually not state of the art.
You have to keep in mind that the smaller the market, the less options you are going to have. It would probably be higher costs for the homolgation by offering additional goodies like the heated steering wheel than just putting it in all cars.
The less options, the less costs for the company.

RemcoV

Nthusiast
Feb 29, 2020
Hellevoetsluis
Feel the same. I was so much looking forward to getting this car, now, not going to bother anymore, seriously considering canceling my order next week. Basic safety and comfort items not included, no pricing or spec's. I would rather drive a lower powered Golf GTI at least you get the comfort, tech and performance.
If you don't mind driving a car that does not give you any smile on your face, yes you should go with a GTI, because those cars are BORING to drive. If you want excitement, I really advise to be patient on this facelift model. ;)

You cannot compare the GTI and the N, if you do, I don't know why you are looking for a N in the first place. Totally different cars. The only thing they have in common is that they are called ,,hot hatches'' but that's about it in my opinion. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix

Xcelr8

Nthusiast
Feb 11, 2021
Australia
If you don't mind driving a car that does not give you any smile on your face, yes you should go with a GTI, because those cars are BORING to drive. If you want excitement, I really advise to be patient on this facelift model. ;)

You cannot compare the GTI and the N, if you do, I don't know why you are looking for a N in the first place. Totally different cars. The only thing they have in common is that they are called ,,hot hatches'' but that's about it in my opinion. :)
No, you cant compare it to a GTI, but I cant justify over $70k AUD on the Golf R.
I cant see wht I cant eat my cake and drive it to... I want comfort and performance.

Reactions: MoulaZ and RemcoV

LordPave

Nov 23, 2020
Melbourne
No, you cant compare it to a GTI, but I cant justify over $70k AUD on the Golf R.
I cant see wht I cant eat my cake and drive it to... I want comfort and performance.
Agreeing with @GazmaN, a Golf GTI is a terrible idea :p

Seriously though, have you considered a Ford Focus ST? That was an alternate (for me) if the i30N wasn't possible.

LordPave

Nov 23, 2020
Melbourne
Manually adjustable seats in that one too. Although you do get adaptive cruise! No pops and bangs from the exhaust, though.
Also DCT isnt a chargeable option.

Its also in a very similar price range.

If I was buying now, I'd probably not be looking at an i30N - I would never want this car with a sunroof, but I'd want a DCT.

Tom Vanlimbergen

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
I would rather drive a lower powered Golf GTI at least you get the comfort, tech and performance.
... and that would work fine for a couple of months. After that the s☆☆t begins (having owned two VAG cars I know what I'm saying). Those things brake down more, cost a lot more to service or repair and to get their spec up on par with the N you're gonna have to pay a lot more. Not even speaking about the harresment you have to go through to get something repaired under warranty.
So, you're going to spent a lot more on a car that isn't even remotely as fun to drive or as relyable as the N.
I know waiting takes long and they're not doing a good job in communicating or pricing now and I feel your pain, but I would wait for the N.

pth86

Mar 31, 2021
Poland
Manually adjustable seats in that one too. Although you do get adaptive cruise! No pops and bangs from the exhaust, though.
I don’t know how does it look like in Australia, but I wouldn’t advise to get one in Poland due to poor warranty (when it really comes to using it) and quite bad feeling of the service itself. Hyundai though seems to be trying to get to the top of our market by really caring about their customer.

pth86

Mar 31, 2021
Poland
For me those relatively small front brake disks kill the vibe of an ST, too. It all looks great until you really drive this thing a bit.

RemcoV

Nthusiast
Feb 29, 2020
Hellevoetsluis
For me those relatively small front brake disks kill the vibe of an ST, too. It all looks great until you really drive this thing a bit.
There are not many hot hatches these days that use proper brake setups. VAG cars, Ford, Hyundai, they all cheap out on it. They should take an example on Honda. :) That is a lovely brake setup to look at atleast! :)

Jimmy

Feb 3, 2021
France
I don’t know how does it look like in Australia, but I wouldn’t advise to get one in Poland due to poor warranty (when it really comes to using it) and quite bad feeling of the service itself. Hyundai though seems to be trying to get to the top of our market by really caring about their customer.
This is not the feeling I have when it comes to the FL version and comments in this forum. I've also dropped the idea of getting the FL and bought an used one for 15k euros less than the facelifted prices announced. I even now feel like it was better value to do it that way

Reactions: mikeo

justfnr

Nthusiast
May 6, 2020
Frankfurt am Main
New week started and still no configurable i30 N facelift in Germany. It's going to be a joke. I already started looking for other cars. On September 2020 it was 100% i30 N for me. RIght now it's about 30%. Am I the only one who feels like this?

Hayden120

Nthusiast
Jul 8, 2018
Melbourne
New week started and still no configurable i30 N facelift in Germany. It's going to be a joke. I already started looking for other cars. On September 2020 it was 100% i30 N for me. RIght now it's about 30%. Am I the only one who feels like this?
Exactly the same feelings over here in Australia. Hyundai has really killed the hype with their lack of information and communication.