• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning i20N Engine & ECU Tuning Discussion

Nope
 
any update yet?
I just made an account to let you and others know that I was told by SXTH in a email that a ECU tune probably will be released by the end of this year at the earliest IF no road block occurs. LAP3 kinda said the same thing except they're kinda more secretive. N75 also said hopefully by the end of the year.

I drive an Elantra N-line (I30 N-line sedan) 1.6T DCT smartstream.

Also, N75 MOTORSPORTS cracked the ECU last year and started development of the kefico CPEG3.20.1 ECU since December 2022.


The ECU for the I20N should be the same. At least that's what I hope because it's the same exact engine just tuned a tad differently.
 
Hmm… to be honest ‘by the end of the year’ is a pretty open time scale and doesn’t suggest to me that they are working on it yet.
 
Hmm… to be honest ‘by the end of the year’ is a pretty open time scale and doesn’t suggest to me that they are working on it yet.
Who knows. SXTH did make a post confirming a hybrid turbo in the making for these in a N-line community group which was very unexpected.

Then again I wouldn't wanna rush out a tune. I'd rather them take their time tbh.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YNWaN
I don't think that forte wagon that unfortunately is not available here in the USA has the 1.6T smartstream engine. I don't think any of the kia forte GTs have a smartstream engine right now.
Yes, the new Kia’s have the 1.6T Smart Stream engine. Won’t do any good for the i20N. It uses a different ECU.👍🇺🇸
 
NO, I get it mate. You want it to be as you think it is. NOT as it is.

It's like you commenting to; SXTH ELEMENT cracked open an i20N ECU. First off, Hyundai doesn't sell the i20N in the US. They have no reason to (logically speaking) because they can't get an i20N to dyno or test on. SXTH ELEMENT is a US company only. They develop aftermarket parts for domestic US market, because they have access to them. They do not develop and supply parts ot tunes for the rest of the world. Nor are they a licensed to do so. 😉

I get it mate, really well!

I own a VN and have since it inception. I like talking and sharing anything about the N-Performance cars in general and offer all sorts of information available to everyone. I'm an enthusiast!

Maybe you need to wait until you have actual hands on an i20N before becoming an expert? In your mind, I may be wasting your time but I share what I know with everyone regardless of which N-Performance model they own and drive.

Your commentary has gone beyond productive, to ad hominem and circular. Next up is abusive, which is where you're now headed. So, we're done!🤣👍🇺🇸
What an embarrassing exchange of conversations.

Anyway, I guess there's been no updates?
 
I just made an account to let you and others know that I was told by SXTH in a email that a ECU tune probably will be released by the end of this year at the earliest IF no road block occurs. LAP3 kinda said the same thing except they're kinda more secretive. N75 also said hopefully by the end of the year.

I drive an Elantra N-line (I30 N-line sedan) 1.6T DCT smartstream.

Also, N75 MOTORSPORTS cracked the ECU last year and started development of the kefico CPEG3.20.1 ECU since December 2022.


The ECU for the I20N should be the same. At least that's what I hope because it's the same exact engine just tuned a tad differently.
This is reply I got from them posted on this thread earlier.

1700539645894.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: when the
Hello, do we have any news regarding the ecu remapping? I'm starting to think we'll never be able to do it.
 
This is reply I got from them posted on this thread earlier.
"Elantra N-Line" ... "has the same turbocharger as the i20N"

I was lead to believe that the i20N shared its turbocharger with only a Kona. Not sure if that makes any difference, but it shows that the information that people give out as authoritative on the subject can potentially have inaccuracy.

YMMV i guess.
 
Nahh. No real remap for sure, as the car with only a parallel box exceeds 220 on dyno. A real remap could raise the power to close 240 ps and with very nice power curves.
 
Nahh. No real remap for sure, as the car with only a parallel box exceeds 220 on dyno. A real remap could raise the power to close 240 ps and with very nice power curves.
I guess I will just have to keep waiting for the great day they unlock the ecu