• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
A while ago I got one of them oem box filters from pipercross and that came oiled this is why I asked forge about the filter in their kit was dry.

That filter wasn't a good fit so I binned it!

You would expect a guy at forge to know whether the car had a map or maf sensor wouldn't you . . . 🙃🤣

Weird, mine seemed oiled, and their "Air filter cleaning instructions" listed says to oil it...
I think they just throw the card in the box regardless. If you put your hands on the foam then you'll know whether it's oiled or not, mine was dry must be coz forge man said 🤗 who knows, does seem dry though.

Yes this clarifies the dry filter as said to me.

Been in touch with forge regarding the car has map & not a maf and said I could purchase an air filter oil & cleaning kit. 🤔

Last edited:
Just fitted the forge intake @ £314 inc vat, you can choose a foam or pleated air filter from their website.

I opted for the foam, it is supplied to forge by pipercross and it is dry not oiled.

I got in touch with forge regarding whether the filter needed oiling and the answer was NO, they said they request them dry from pipercross to eliminate maf sensor issues.

Also I asked the question "will it run lean?" No it won't run lean they said.

It looks good in the engine bay, sounds good, nice induction and turbo spool can be heard in the vehicle with the windows closed.

I've fitted a forge bov and discovered by at first I vented to atmosphere then tried recirculating with the pipe supplied by forge and a faint stututu can be heard also as the recirculating air hits the turbo vanes.

Now the car is even more fun with all the noises.

Did you wrap the intake with gold tape or nah? Mines just arrived, deciding whether to wrap it in the gold tape or not for extra heat shielding, all installations of it I've seen haven't used it.

Cheers

Did you wrap the intake
I didn't bud.

According to the guy at forge I've been talking to, he now says after telling me they are dry "the filter is oiled, it looks like it isn't but it is!"

To be fair the guy is in sales & marketing.
Best to know your product, eh.

After my last email stating there is no maf sensor on the engine so why do they come dry, he said this was bugging him and had a word with the development team and they said "yes, they are oiled!"

If it is oiled it's a very dry snake oil . . .

I didn't bud.

According to the guy at forge I've been talking to, he now says after telling me they are dry "the filter is oiled, it looks like it isn't but it is!"

To be fair the guy is in sales & marketing.
Best to know your product, eh.

After my last email stating there is no maf sensor on the engine so why do they come dry, he said this was bugging him and had a word with the development team and they said "yes, they are oiled!"

If it is oiled it's a very dry snake oil . . .

Geez... Someone should link them this thread and have them clarify this properly once and for all.

I never wrapped the Forge intake I have, even though I have the gold wrap tape to do so from forge.. I may do it when I take it off when the car goes in for its service.. Was just wanting to fit it soon as it arrived..

IMG_20210731_142121.jpgIMG_20210731_143408.jpg

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone is aware of what intakes will fit the new DCT facelift ? looking at possible the ITG maxogen CAI but wanted to make sure it will fit before purchasing and have not been able to find any info if it will or not
Thanks very much

I see Forge have both their regular foam filter, but also a pleated filter now. Any idea what the differences between them are?

1639381398894.png