• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Track-day warranty [Country-Overview]

Interesting article about track day safety. I thought it applicable as this involves the actual use of the VN DCT directly on the track and is published by Hyundai Tech. If Hyundai is publishing such articles and sanctioning such use, it's all the more reason to stipulate a track warranty and modifications.

Last edited:
Direct quote from here;
Tires should grip strong but not so much during everyday driving: the damping force of the shock absorber on each wheel is controlled according to changing road surfaces to ensure distinct performance in all driving conditions, both on race track and during everyday driving.
Biermann also talks about track days at Nurburgring @ 9:15 on the video.

Hi guys,

I'm new in here and I live in Puerto Rico a United State Territory and I been asking to the seller about the Warranty voided for parts that I saw in the document that you guys shared, asked him if that could be the same in Puerto Rico and they told me that any mod can void the warranty, asked to the mechanics and they told me the same.

Hi guys,

I'm new in here and I live in Puerto Rico a United State Territory and I been asking to the seller about the Warranty voided for parts that I saw in the document that you guys shared, asked him if that could be the same in Puerto Rico and they told me that any mod can void the warranty, asked to the mechanics and they told me the same.

That is quite strange. It could be that Hyundai USA doesn't have the same regulations in Puerto Rico as the rest of the United States since it's an unincorporated territory. I would write an email to Hyundai USA or maybe Hyundai Motor Company Worldwide for clarification.

Reactions: Bu11eT
Hi guys,

This ^. I don't believe Hyundai Assurance is registered in Puerto Rico and only covers the 48 contiguous and 50 states direct

Is this on a Veloster N? If it is a Veloster N, the dealership in Puerto Rico you're inquiring with, obviously isn't aware of the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty for the US. There are no other Hyundai models covered under this warranty as of this time.

Welcome to the forum. There is a plethora of information available, please utilize the search engine at the top of the page to access any ongoing threads you are interested in. This will allow for less duplication and work for the staff.

Please introduce yourself here;
Please take the time ti read the forum rules here;
Have fun and enjoy the forum. :) 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: rafaryfc
This ^. I don't believe Hyundai Assurance is registered in Puerto Rico and only covers the 48 contiguous and 50 states direct

Is this on a Veloster N? If it is a Veloster N, the dealership in Puerto Rico you're inquiring with, obviously isn't aware of the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty for the US. There are no other Hyundai models covered under this warranty as of this time.

Welcome to the forum. There is a plethora of information available, please utilize the search engine at the top of the page to access any ongoing threads you are interested in. This will allow for less duplication and work for the staff.

Please introduce yourself here;
Please take the time ti read the forum rules here;
Have fun and enjoy the forum. :) 👍

Already on it, thanks.

I send a message to Hyundai and now waiting for the answer.

Make sure you send the email with the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty attached, so they can see it. The first line customer service representatives simply don't know and work from a script. You have to speak to a second line supervisor.

Make sure you send the email with the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty attached, so they can see it. The first line customer service representatives simply don't know and work from a script. You have to speak to a second line supervisor.
Finally today I got to speak with a representative of Hyundai from California, he asked about the mods and the warranty in the file of the Track Day, he told me like the same thing that the file or document says: "If something is damage because of the mod you're warranty will be voided", so the file is real but at the same time is kind of a trick because every dealer manage the warranty the way they want it, because I asked to him if I get a intake and the dealer see it they gonna notify it to Hyundai Puerto Rico so they can void my warranty and he told me that is not suppose to happen but he cant do anything about that because every dealer choose what to do. So right now I'm still confuse and I will like to do some mods to make this cars a better experience for my self.

However, the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty can be utilized against them directly. They can't speak out of both sides of their mouths at the same time.

Dealerships are aware of the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty. Hyundai authorizes the warrantied claims, not the dealership. It's not the dealer you have to convince. The dealership submits the warranty claim to Hyundai. Hyundai approves or denies the warrantied claim based upon a failure of a part or system. If a dealership submits the car was tracked, then Hyundai Assurance is compelled to follow their own written track warranty.

Dealerships are provided parts and paid for the specific man hours it takes for the repairs. Sometimes, in parts credits or direct shop fees.

As far a warranted parts, keep in mind wear and tear items ie; clutches, brake pads, tyres, etc. Hyundai is not responsible for these, the owner is. If you wreck or damage the car while at the track, that's on you the owner not Hyundai.

Hyundai also provided you the owner with free towing service and it's contacted. The contracted towing company, has no obligation to admit, deny or respond as to where the car was picked up or towed from. It simply doesn't matter in all cases and has no bearing on the actually warranty claim. It's a break down towing service, provided to you the original Hyundai owner.

Otherwise, honesty is the best policy with the dealership and Hyundai. Hyundai has provided you with the owness to track the car, rather you do or not. Hyundai is compelled by law to uphold their publicly announced track warranty.
Does the track warranty apply to parts fitter after like air filters and such & does this apply to Australia?

This was issued for the US and the 2019 Veloster N Model no other. I can’t comment on a track warranty for the i30N or Elantra N. In the US, this track warranty doesn't apply to the Elantra N or Kona N.👍🇺🇸