• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Track-day warranty [Country-Overview]

mickjf

Oct 19, 2019
Canberra
Below is the e-mail I received from Hyundai Australia customer service when I asked the question before buying:

"We have been advised that Non- competition events would be non-timed.

Thank you.

Non-timed open track days - Non Competitive, Track Warranty

Timed events run by companies like Trackschool Trackdays - Competitive, No Track Warranty

CAMS / AASA sanctioned supersprints - Competitive, No Track Warranty

Let me know if you have further enquiries."

mickjf

Oct 19, 2019
Canberra
Just an update to my post. Out of the blue Hyundai Australia contacted me and said they had made an error in their first e-mail and confirmed that timed but non-competitive events ARE covered by the track warranty.

This covers companies like Trackschool Trackdays who ran their N Festival.

superdriver

Dec 23, 2019
Belgium
Until everybody realises that dealerships (worldwide) are going to do EVERYTHING to avoid warranty claims if they can, and the second biggest avoider of warranty claims is manufacturers, then there are always going to be disputes over warranty claims.

I personally would NEVER EVER tell my dealer or Hyundai my car broke whilst on the racetrack, regardless of the circumstance or event. I see on Facebook people proudly show off their third place in a Gymkhana in their i30N. A timed event (to get a result), and NO warranty for ever more, even three years down the track on the road.

I would tow the car home (at my expense), and tell them my turbo blew up when I was doing 60kmh 1/2 km from home. Would it work? Not sure. But I don't have the AutoLink installed (ever), and it is THEIR responsibility to PROVE I was at the track in a timed event when it happened. Telling them it happened on the track would be very risky.

BTW Hyundai, I do take my car to the track, I vent my speed frustrations out in a safe environment, I don't ever hire a lap timer, my lap times are irrelevant, and I long ago discovered my ability is far exceeded by the capabilities of the N, so I think I am pretty safe, unless of course I bin it one day! LOL ...
They know it with reading data...