• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Noisy rear brakes.

Any update on this on what it could be?
Mines been doing it from new bought last month, only done 400km. It made the brake noise leaving the dealership showroom.
Its getting annoying.
 
Absolutely nothing.

I took it in again to my garage and they cannot find anything wrong .... they hear the noise, then lube it all up and it goes away for about a month, then comes back.... I am planning to send Hyundai an email directly because it is extremely annoying having a new car with oink noises.
 
  • Like
Reactions: emortalz
Anche a me da nuova, venuto fuori dopo 1600 km. Ho sostituito le pastiglie e si è manifestato dopo 400 km, mi hanno ingrassato le pinze posteriori e si è manifestato dopo 1300 km, mi hanno sostituito le pinze posteriori ed è tornato dopo 1700 km. Devo riportare l'auto in officina vedremo cosa faranno. Qualche cosa non mi torna. Vero che mi hanno rilasciato la ricevuta della sostituzione delle pinze (in garanzia) però mi viene qualche dubbio. Le sostituiremo davvero? Oppure potrebbe essere della stessa partita di quelle precedenti e quindi con lo stesso difetto.
Dopo 18 mesi e 16000 km percorsi non hanno ancora risolto il problema.
 
Update, dealership confirmed the noise and said there is a manufacturing issue with my brakes from factory. They are going to be changing both sides rear pads, rotors and callipers. Parts coming from Turkey, have to wait 4-6 weeks.
 
Update, dealership confirmed the noise and said there is a manufacturing issue with my brakes from factory. They are going to be changing both sides rear pads, rotors and callipers. Parts coming from Turkey, have to wait 4-6 weeks.
Interesting. So, can we now say that anyone who has experienced this noise has faulty rear brakes? That's a lot of people who might be looking for warranty brake replacements.
 
Grazie emortalz, una bella notizia, dopo tanto tempo si è confermato quanto pensavo, ero convinto che poteva dipendere solo dalle pinze. A conferma che quelle che mi hanno sostituito sono ancora difettose. Vediamo se mi confermano la stessa diagnosi.
Ad oggi lo fa molto spesso, tutti i giorni.
 
Update, dealership confirmed the noise and said there is a manufacturing issue with my brakes from factory. They are going to be changing both sides rear pads, rotors and callipers. Parts coming from Turkey, have to wait 4-6 weeks.
Please keep us posted. Mine has the same issue. It only started a few days ago. New, only picked up a week ago and ony done 230kms.
 
Hyundai Italia nega problemi di malfunzionamento ai freni posteriori.
Portata in officina il 13 ottobre 2025, dopo circa 20 giorni passano la palla al reparto tecnico Hyundai di Francoforte in Germania, dopo circa 10 giorni Francoforte passa la palla alla casa madre in Corea, la mia i20N è ancora in officina in attesa di una soluzione dalla casa madre.
Per fortuna mi hanno dato un auto sostitutiva, Hyundai i10 N Line, fino ad ora ci ho percorso 1000 km.
 
11/2024 model, no problems at all.
 
Auto ancora in officina.
Il 30 dicembre eseguita prova efficienza freno in un centro revisione, tutto perfetto. Hyundai Italia afferma che i freni delle auto sportive sono rumorosi. Ho chiesto di metterlo per scritto, poi vedrò cosa fare.
 
Ieri 13 gennaio 2026 dopo esattamente 3 mesi mi hanno riconsegnato la macchina.
Per Hyundai Italia i freni sono efficienti, non hanno nessun problema, per loro il caso è chiuso.

Il rumore resta.

Vedrò cosa posso fare, contatterò un officina che si occupano di auto sportive, se questa mi dirà che il rumore non è normale chiederò ad un perito di scrivermi una relazione e poi toccherà chiamare i causa Hyundai.

Che miserie!
 
I have a March 2024 built i20N and my car has with this issue from the very first kilometers. When I took the vehicle to the service center for an oil change at the 1,500 km mark, I asked for the brakes to be checked, and I was told there were no issues.

This noise continued intermittently until around 7,000 km and then almost disappeared. However, I recently heard it faintly again at 12,000 km. However, since this is not a normal sound, I have some concerns.

@emortalz , given that you were informed this is a manufacturing issue from factory, I am considering having my brakes checked again. Did replacing the rear brake pads, discs, and calipers on both sides fix the noise issue?
 
I have a March 2024 built i20N and my car has with this issue from the very first kilometers. When I took the vehicle to the service center for an oil change at the 1,500 km mark, I asked for the brakes to be checked, and I was told there were no issues.

This noise continued intermittently until around 7,000 km and then almost disappeared. However, I recently heard it faintly again at 12,000 km. However, since this is not a normal sound, I have some concerns.

@emortalz , given that you were informed this is a manufacturing issue from factory, I am considering having my brakes checked again. Did replacing the rear brake pads, discs, and calipers on both sides fix the noise issue?
Nope the noise came back after about 1000km, i took it back again but they said nothing wrong this time and that its normal for a performance car lol. They greased the sliding pins and the noise went away for a while again, it returned and i just lived with it until the 10k km service, i told them about the noise again at the service, and they just regreased the sliding pins again and no noise for now.