Interesting. So, can we now say that anyone who has experienced this noise has faulty rear brakes? That's a lot of people who might be looking for warranty brake replacements.Update, dealership confirmed the noise and said there is a manufacturing issue with my brakes from factory. They are going to be changing both sides rear pads, rotors and callipers. Parts coming from Turkey, have to wait 4-6 weeks.
Please keep us posted. Mine has the same issue. It only started a few days ago. New, only picked up a week ago and ony done 230kms.Update, dealership confirmed the noise and said there is a manufacturing issue with my brakes from factory. They are going to be changing both sides rear pads, rotors and callipers. Parts coming from Turkey, have to wait 4-6 weeks.
Still waiting for dealership to call me to book it in when parts arrivePlease keep us posted. Mine has the same issue. It only started a few days ago. New, only picked up a week ago and ony done 230kms.
Nope the noise came back after about 1000km, i took it back again but they said nothing wrong this time and that its normal for a performance car lol. They greased the sliding pins and the noise went away for a while again, it returned and i just lived with it until the 10k km service, i told them about the noise again at the service, and they just regreased the sliding pins again and no noise for now.I have a March 2024 built i20N and my car has with this issue from the very first kilometers. When I took the vehicle to the service center for an oil change at the 1,500 km mark, I asked for the brakes to be checked, and I was told there were no issues.
This noise continued intermittently until around 7,000 km and then almost disappeared. However, I recently heard it faintly again at 12,000 km. However, since this is not a normal sound, I have some concerns.
@emortalz , given that you were informed this is a manufacturing issue from factory, I am considering having my brakes checked again. Did replacing the rear brake pads, discs, and calipers on both sides fix the noise issue?