• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Lightweight/Track Summer Wheels & Tires

Braid Fullrace ff 18x8j et50 8.8kg center 67.1 ---1000eur--- kumho ecsta ps91 235/40/18 95y 11kg 350eur---34psi frond 31psi rear.
Hi, Panos, do the original Hyundai wheel nuts fit the Braid wheels ok or are other wheel nuts needed?

If Michelin ps4s were available in Europe in 18 inch size then I would grab a set of the Fullface FF. I'm not sure I want to risk the return of wheel hop by changing to 18's and a less good tyre.

Decided on some Motec ultralight in 18 and will go with the new eagle supersport tyres. I was expecting 9.1 kg for the wheels but come out as 8.4kg when weighed on 2 different sets of scales, the look the right size!

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_120709089-1305x979.jpg
    IMG_20190511_120709089-1305x979.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: Kasi and TarmoT
Can anyone give me a pros/cons list of why you would go down to 18inch?

This is the first time I've ever looked at wheels, I'm wanting some track wheels/tyres that I can thrash and not worry about the drive home with.

I just still haven't found a reason why everyone (or most people I see on here) is moving to the 18 inch. Is it cost and weight related?

Reactions: GazmaN
Can anyone give me a pros/cons list of why you would go down to 18inch?

This is the first time I've ever looked at wheels, I'm wanting some track wheels/tyres that I can thrash and not worry about the drive home with.

I just still haven't found a reason why everyone (or most people I see on here) is moving to the 18 inch. Is it cost and weight related?
I use 18inch wheels for track use - tyres are much cheaper than the 19 inch size, the ride is slightly better on larger side walls and if you get the right wheels you can save some weight too which always helps with feel.
For me it was down to cost of tyres for track use

Reactions: willis and GazmaN
Just fitted some 18” OZ Ultraleggera in a lovely metallic graphite finish with AD08R tyres. Can’t believe how light they are to pick up and save 4KG per corner over the stock 19s!
Should make the car feel good on track next weekend!F606F433-CCFC-4814-B3CC-84CED35E4D4E.jpeg2FDCA585-85EF-42E5-AA40-3F144E1EC14A.jpeg65805D27-05FC-481B-8A88-8EC494EA2C0C.jpeg

Scottukl. Your car looks awesome, nice one.
Is it the 275bhp? Did you get front lip from ebay? Side red stripe from where??

Scottukl. Your car looks awesome, nice one.
Is it the 275bhp? Did you get front lip from ebay? Side red stripe from where??
Thanks very much - yes it’s the performance version.
The front lip is from a German seller on eBay and the side skirt inlays are from the N Sport shop, they are also listed on eBay at the moment.

Hi Scottukl
Is the ride better on 18 inch wheels and front wheel hop gone?
It is very slightly less crashy with the taller sidewalls but the semi-slick tyres I use on the 18's (Nankangs and now AD08Rs) are quite noisy compared to the P-Zero's and PS4S which I ran on the 19s.
I never found wheel hop a big issue unless I stamped hard on the pedal from a standstill but the grip when the tyres are hot is incredible on dry roads now so you can nail it a bit harder without wheel hop.
I think 18 inch wheels with normal road tyres would give you a better ride.

Cool thanks. I am looking at Michelin PS4's. Pirelli's are £110 on line and Michelin PS4 are £140 each.

Cool thanks. I am looking at Michelin PS4's. Pirelli's are £110 on line and Michelin PS4 are £140 each.
I preferred the PS4S to the Pzers's on the 19s as road tyres - loads of grip in the winter too I found so I will stick to those.

Just fitted some 18” OZ Ultraleggera in a lovely metallic graphite finish with AD08R tyres. Can’t believe how light they are to pick up and save 4KG per corner over the stock 19s!
Should make the car feel good on track next weekend!

What width and offset?