• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kona N Announced!

More photos of the Kona N coming closer to release;

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
My wife is waiting for Kona N, now she is driving 1.6T 4WD and it is slow to her :eek:🤪

2KumbCs.jpg

hyundai-kona-n-exclusive-rendering-1280x720.jpg

Last edited:
Hyundai Kona N Spied, Debut Still Unknown
hyundai-kona-n-2-980x584.jpg.webp
hyundai-kona-n-1-980x579.jpg.webp

No manual gearbox = no bueno ☹

Damn, there goes the only other N I had much interest in pursuing for potential future ownership.

No manual gearbox = no bueno ☹

Damn, there goes the only other N I had much interest in pursuing for potential future ownership.

I would only buy an automatic in crossover/SUV if money wasn't a factor. And probably 99% of people would. I would bet that's why manual won't be available.

Top Gear was allowed to drive the N camouflaged prototype. They are reporting it will be FWD ONLY. So essentially a higher, heavier Veloster N. Without AWD the Kona N seems pointless given that the Veloster N and i30N already exist. I thought the whole SUV part of the equation would lead to four driven wheels like it does for every other performance SUV. Hard pass....

"It's our first proper look at the Hyundai Kona N | Top Gear" https://www-topgear-com.cdn.ampproj...atch/its-our-first-proper-look-hyundai-kona-n

That's great, less to be concerned about and less weight for the SUV. SUVs are what the US is big on and it's a good production for the company.

That's great, less to be concerned about and less weight for the SUV. SUVs are what the US is big on and it's a good production for the company.
One can get an even bigger weight reduction by just buying the Veloster N. The HTRAC AWD system is pretty ubiquitous across the Hyundai/Kia line up and there is no evidence that it is a common failure point. The US does love SUV's, but 63% of the SUV's purchased in 2020 were AWD. I also don't get the Korean Stig taking this off-road to a camp site in the teaser trailer. Americans who do those types of activities almost always opt for AWD. I think that was a little disingenuous. Even the cars that may get cross shopped with the Kona N, like the WRX/STI, Golf R, etc., have AWD. I see the lack of AWD for the first time in an N model as a big missed opportunity, especially for an SUV being sold in the US.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
The Kona N utilizes the same DCT as the new Veloster N DCT. The HTRAC is not designed to be utilized with the newer DCT. The Kona N is not an offroad vehicle.

I'm happy they haven't decided to included any AWD on the Kona N. Doesn't need it or the additional complexity or weight. Hyundai didn't miss the mark with the Veloster N, i30N or any N's that presently due in the next year.:)

Reactions: Justink