• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kona N Announced!

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2019/10/24/hyundai-kona-n-test-mule-spied-for-the-first-time/
ezy_watermark_24-10-2019_01-04-484170833457735650082.jpg
ezy_watermark_24-10-2019_01-05-125524870447916321644.jpg
ezy_watermark_24-10-2019_01-06-251327420936964424962.jpg

Last edited:
If you look closely in the third pic it looks like the Intercooler end tanks are cast instead of the typical plastic used on almost every other hyundai. I wonder if this means they’re using a better intercooler design or if it’s just a hodge podge of parts because of it being a test mule.
Well spotted. Probably the latter, but ya never know...

Shame it wasn't out already. My good wife has just got a GT and loves it. Maybe I can convince her to change when the N is launched :eek:

Kona.JPG

Reactions: R Veloster N
Just give hera fast ride in the i30N, then tell her this is what she can expect with the Kona N. :eek::p

I really liked our Kona Ultimate, so did the wife.

You all keep in mind, this is just the test mule and the body will be somewhat different in design. Probably lower and more aggressive looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrDeeJay
Two years from first spying, nothing has changed much, looks like it is only getting the 250ps motor, not the 275ps, looks like it will be DCT only, looks like in Albert's own words... “I’ve told them [the engineers] to build the car and we’ll see what happens with getting it approved,”

So, not even approved by Hyundai yet, no manual, and a non-performance engine, all packaged neatly in an SUV with no more space or practicality than the hatch, except making it easier for old people like me to get into, and doesn't handle quite as well because of the higher COG.

Price point will be very interesting also, if the SUV body style cops a premium price...

Cant wait for the SpidermaN Edition! Pass......

I saw an Ironman Edition yesterday, that thing is so ugly!

Reactions: Solo1397
They should really stop putting the i30N's wheels on these future N models... Come on Hyundai you must have the budget to get a different wheel design :)

Hopefully, it will stay pretty much to form. I'd still like to see the 275 hp motor in it but it's only slated for the 250 hp motor.

Last edited:
@MrDeeJay, I believe you're going to be in for a race or two!!:eek::p A little tweak here and there and bingo a 275 hp Kona. Me, I'm stuck but not out of the game. Wife liked the 2020 GT-Line Soul so I'll make it scoot. You never know, I might talk her into one yet.:D

Reactions: MrDeeJay