• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kona N Announced!

Just been watching a video which shows the interior of the Kona N.

One thing I spotted is that on the shot of the N setup screen, it says "Custom 1".

Which kinda implies there's a Custom 2.....? 🤔

Kona.jpg

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
In Belgium, the price for the Kona N is out and... it's exactly the same as the i30N dct: 39999 euro.
Not many options available, only the colours and a panoramic roof.

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Still not entirely sure of the point - it's closer in size to the i20 than the i30 (boot space is bately 10l more, and to me it looks LESS spacious in the rear bench than the i20...), but priced the same as the bigger, more practical hatchback/fastback.

It should have been given an uprated version of the i20N's drive train, say 230-240hp, and been priced bang on £30k to fit right in the middle of the 2 hatchbacks and lined up against the Puma ST.

Reactions: NCurious
Still not entirely sure of the point - it's closer in size to the i20 than the i30 (boot space is bately 10l more, and to me it looks LESS spacious in the rear bench than the i20...), but priced the same as the bigger, more practical hatchback/fastback.

It should have been given an uprated version of the i20N's drive train, say 230-240hp, and been priced bang on £30k to fit right in the middle of the 2 hatchbacks and lined up against the Puma ST.
Eh I don't know the specs of the I20 (interior volume, etc) but its marginally smaller than the I30 in all aspects of passenger space. The main different is the total trunk volume with seats folded down. Otherwise its very close but not quite as large as the I30. People still believe it is bigger though just because it is an CUV which is funny.

pick mine up on Wednesday and cannot wait, took it for a 30 minute test drive and loved every minute of it, if any body wants to view one in depth before the garages start getting them sned me a message, speak soon guys

If any of these new Kona N owners should decide to fit Eibach springs (or other lowering springs), pleace feel free to share some photos. I' m really curious how it looks...

Reactions: R Veloster N
Do any owners know of the KONA N got the same 'undersealing' as that 'seen' on the 20 and 30 Ns? i.e scant? Or is it better?

I'd quite like the Kona if it wasn't for those weird as heck double lights front and rear...

I like it. I sat in one too. I'm more of a manual guy though.
My puzzlement is i can't really fathom who will actually buy it except for the odd enthusiast wanting something a bit different. I think it's way overpriced and at this price, I can't think why average joe wanting an SUV, even one with some poke, would go Hyundai KONA N. If it were 10K less I'd agree, but I can see someone in the market for this type of car (SUV), at this type of price, going more 'badge' like a BMW etc. The i30 N of course (now imo overpriced) could be said to have the same argument against, but that's a hatch, not an SUV, hence more for enthusiasts and has genuine alternatives (GTi etc), so can gain a thinking man's alternative tag against a run of the mill choice.
I woudn't be supervised AT ALL if once the chips are flowing again and things settle down, KONA Ns might dip under 30K on offers, as I just scratch my head as to who it's aimed at, save a few enthusiasts wanting something quirky.

I was surprised when I saw it was the same drivetrain as the i30N and basically the same price, too - it was supposed to be competing with the Puma ST, but is in a different league power/price wise.

Should have had a pumped up version of the 1.6l in the i20N (240-250hp) and been priced slap bang in the middle of the 2 N cars, right where the Puma ST is. Otherwise what is the point? Should have gone full N SUV and churned out a Tuscon N!

I was surprised when I saw it was the same drivetrain as the i30N and basically the same price, too - it was supposed to be competing with the Puma ST, but is in a different league power/price wise.

Should have had a pumped up version of the 1.6l in the i20N (240-250hp) and been priced slap bang in the middle of the 2 N cars, right where the Puma ST is. Otherwise what is the point? Should have gone full N SUV and churned out a Tuscon N!
Or made it a 4x4 and lowered it with about 3cm. Would have bought one without thinking twice.

Reactions: dacho
^ Agreed, that's about it.
Personally I like it and would have been at least willing to try an auto. I've a Juke NISMO RS for the 'dog's car' which is a bit nuts and I thought the KONA N could be a possible replacement. When I sat in one I had that 'hey, not bad this' feeling too.
But 36K is laughing. ANd as you said, a PUMA ST price point (with whatever engine) would/could have done it.
I'm convinced they won't stay this price forever when it settles down (chips). I can seem 36Kers on dealer forecourts being reduced to sub 30K as pre reggers.

As an aside, regarding the PUMA ST, I've read some awful reliability stuff with 'normal' PUMAs on a puma forum. No way I'd pump near (post with the LSD) 30K on a 3 year warranty FORD.

I'm still trying to fathom who'll buy it (KONA N) at this price except, as stated, the odd enthusiast wanting something quirky.

Last edited: