• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Kona N Announced!

Toxic

Nthusiast
Oct 22, 2020
Bangor
And still faster 0-100 than a i30N DCT? Should be an intresting battle on the track :)
I think since we have not seem any real life 0-60's we are at the perils of Hyundai's PR marketing team and the so called specs which 0-60s are never that true.

Tom Vanlimbergen

Nthusiast
Jan 19, 2018
I've read that a I30n dct will do 0-100 in 5,8s.
The Kona n does the same in 5,5s (that was in different articles yesterday)...
I first want to see one in the flesh before I can make a decission, but it could be a real option when I will be ordering a new car (01/2022).

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Biggest problem going forwar, is the processor availability for most the electronic systems on all cars.

Until they get the priority sorted out, there is going to be a shortage of new cars.

Went to dealership yesterday and their high lot was 3/4 empty but I did drive the 2022 Sonata N-Line with a 2.5T 290 hp 310 ft lbs tq, quick car.

a201194

Jun 11, 2021
US
Looks like the US spec Kona N may not get forged wheels and red pin stripe. Also, it has normal chrome emblems instead of the smoked emblems. There's a pseudo-configure now page for the Kona N that shows a preview of the car.

This is probably an overall cost saving strategy in order to keep the price of the car competitive in the US market.

Attachments

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Just got off the phone with Hyundai Concierge and they have said, "the Kona N will be launched in the US for purchase in early fall." Looking forward to test driving and maybe purchasing one.

Reactions: MrDeeJay

MrDeeJay

Nthusiast
Apr 14, 2018
Scotland
My wife is waiting patiently, she wants the new special blue colour.
She drives a Kona GT and loves it.
I've literally, 2 hours ago, returned from a 500 mile round trip and I took her Kona to save the miles on my N.
I was very impressed all round. Can't wait to drive her Kona N.

• Love
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Justink

Nthusiast
Feb 12, 2020
United States
Finally we have a date for more information on the Kona N. "Kona N will make its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show on Aug. 19" via Hyundai Press Announcement.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO