• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Issues with 5th/6th gear (and 1st/2nd)

Eren

Nthusiast
Mar 18, 2018
And so I brought my car to ask them to fix this gearbox issue. They refused to do it saying that, in France, their is no TSB about this problem and the one I had was not French so useless. Furthermore, long time ago I said to my dealer that the car is perfect on track. They used that information to say that the usage was not conform so it voided the warranty :mad: Nothing I can do. I will have to fix this issue with my own money.
For sure, it is my last Hyundai.

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
And so I brought my car to ask them to fix this gearbox issue. They refused to do it saying that, in France, their is no TSB about this problem and the one I had was not French so useless. Furthermore, long time ago I said to my dealer that the car is perfect on track. They used that information to say that the usage was not conform so it voided the warranty :mad: Nothing I can do. I will have to fix this issue with my own money.
It's got a track warranty. I'd complain to Hyundai France.

Reactions: Bu11eT

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
what @Jajodu said and I am also curious how a dealer can void your warranty? They can send you away, but only Hyundai would be able to void the warranty. I'd try another dealer.

Eren

Nthusiast
Mar 18, 2018
what @Jajodu said and I am also curious how a dealer can void your warranty? They can send you away, but only Hyundai would be able to void the warranty. I'd try another dealer.
Unfortunately they are smart. On the terms of the warranty it was writtten. Hyundai France refused for the same reason. The conditions of warranty are not the same in France. I am disgusted.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
Unfortunately they are smart. On the terms of the warranty it was written. Hyundai France refused for the same reason. The conditions of warranty are not the same in France. I am disgusted.
ah gotcha, I guess they added a note to your car file that you've been on the track. That's really some shitty ass behavior!

Jajodu

Nthusiast
Nov 11, 2018
Bishops Stortford
ah gotcha, I guess they added a note to your car file that you've been on the track. That's really some shitty ass behavior!
I don't understand how Hyundai can allow track use everywhere apart from France. All N's are made in the same factory.

Still adjusting the gear cables is very straightforward. Do it yourself.

Reactions: Bu11eT

PeterP

Nthusiast
Nov 2, 2018
Slovenia
Let's hope they do a good job.
And all my hopes went to shit hahahah...Got the car back yesterday, i had a replacement i30 facelift 1.0 mild hybrid for 1 day and a half...They said they didnt follow your instructions ofcourse since it's not confirmed by HYUNDAI themselves, i said OK, but did you adjust them atleast? Yes we did it like Hyundai says...i said ok we'll see and went home...Right as i start the car i have a bit of trouble when i was taking off in reverse, the car juddered a bit... And i smell some oil scent in the car...Ok i said maybe it will just go away and i got used to the lighter clutch of the replacement vehicle...I go off afternoon shift yesterday night and again troubles when accelerating from a stop... Today i sleep over it go to work at 1:20 PM and now i went with a clear head at it...Half of the clutch pedal is very soft and the bottom ingagement point is lower than it used to be and it's very "snappy"... As im driving to work i call the dealer and describe the problem to him...He says and i quote: "But they didn't do anything to the clutch."
Ok i describe the problem to him and tell him to ask what could be wrong because my clutch wasnt like this before i left the car with them.
One shift of work later i drive straight home and try to switch gears as little as possible and am very careful when starting from a standstill. I park the car and pop the hood.
I check the fluid and it's not even AT LOW.....
I seriously hope they are working tomorrow so they fix this ASAP and then im never going back there again...

Eren

Nthusiast
Mar 18, 2018
And all my hopes went to shit hahahah...Got the car back yesterday, i had a replacement i30 facelift 1.0 mild hybrid for 1 day and a half...They said they didnt follow your instructions ofcourse since it's not confirmed by HYUNDAI themselves, i said OK, but did you adjust them atleast? Yes we did it like Hyundai says...i said ok we'll see and went home...Right as i start the car i have a bit of trouble when i was taking off in reverse, the car juddered a bit... And i smell some oil scent in the car...Ok i said maybe it will just go away and i got used to the lighter clutch of the replacement vehicle...I go off afternoon shift yesterday night and again troubles when accelerating from a stop... Today i sleep over it go to work at 1:20 PM and now i went with a clear head at it...Half of the clutch pedal is very soft and the bottom ingagement point is lower than it used to be and it's very "snappy"... As im driving to work i call the dealer and describe the problem to him...He says and i quote: "But they didn't do anything to the clutch."
Ok i describe the problem to him and tell him to ask what could be wrong because my clutch wasnt like this before i left the car with them.
One shift of work later i drive straight home and try to switch gears as little as possible and am very careful when starting from a standstill. I park the car and pop the hood.
I check the fluid and it's not even AT LOW.....
I seriously hope they are working tomorrow so they fix this ASAP and then im never going back there again...
I'm beginning to hate Hyundai's dealers and Hyundai themselves. They made a great car but they are missing for the after sales service.

PeterP

Nthusiast
Nov 2, 2018
Slovenia
Well they weren't working today so it's not fixed yet...but i checked again the fluid level and guess it was just dark when i checked friday night... It's between min-max in the middle...But still doesn't explain why suddenly my clutch feels so light for half of the travel and why the engagement point is so far down low...I also checked and they torn 1 side of the rubber under the hood near the windshield wipers and didnt even bother to replace the plastic tabs on the wheel arches, so the arches are not fixed and move about 0,5cm or so... I'm taking it to them tomorrow to fix the clutch and replace these parts then they don't see me again there. :confused: :confused:

• Angry
Reactions: loboo

loboo

Nov 16, 2019
Warszawa
If someone from @Hyundai reads this. Please do specialized dealers/services for N. I will gladly drive a long way to such a place, but let the mechanics know well about the model N.

I had this unpleasantness to report a problem with gear 6. I was met with surprise and disbelief. The mechanics claimed that this is the first time they hear about problems of this type in N. This is so pathetic...

Reactions: Eren

PeterP

Nthusiast
Nov 2, 2018
Slovenia
They didn't bleed the clutch correctly.
Just came back clutch is back to normal, they didn't bleed the clutch at all i think from the conversation i had with them when they were putting everything back together. They bleed it now and it's back to the way it was. He(mechanic) said that the clutch works independent to the brakes and should have bleed itself out from what i understood? But ofc if an air pocket is made, it wont go out. So idk if any of that is correct but still bleeding the clutch just in case, would have been better on their part in the first place. But i do get, that to him it's unknown how the clutch should feel like in this specific car and we can tell the difference straight away.

Bountyhunter

May 9, 2019
Sydney
That's total bollocks from the dealer, the clutch slave cylinder is concentric, if the gearbox was removed from the car then the clutch must be bled. Nothing to do with "feel", it's standard practice to bleed.
Hi Janodu, can you please share the clutch bleed instructions from Hyundai? Does the slave need to be bench bled before putting in the gearbox?

Last edited: