• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got an appointment for week 2 2019, will bring the car in on monday and they´ll have a look the next day. Will talk to the mechanic beforehand.

Reactions: Stash-N
I will take a stab here, if not ready covered on here somewhere. BUT with all this testing over thousands of kilometres and various highways and roads, why hadnt these issues popped up during these phases??

I will take a stab here, if not ready covered on here somewhere. BUT with all this testing over thousands of kilometres and various highways and roads, why hadnt these issues popped up during these phases??

1) Bad quality
2) Bad quality control
3) Faulty batch of parts
4) Design flaws
5) Combination of all the above

..to begin with.

Like every man-made (person made if you want) item ever made nothing is perfect. I suspect the human factor causes most production issues. The idea that every car is assembled like those in the documentaries showing how Bugatti Veyrons are assembled is a pipe dream. This is why automation is so big for the mass production companies. Shhh! remove the humans cause they can stuff up.
The other area prone to issues are the electronics. Failure rates for electronic components will be elevated in the first 3 months or so of operation. After that those that have not failed seem to continue for the design life of the item. This design life will vary from item to item depending on the quality of components and design of the item. After the design life has been and gone electronics will gradually fail in increasing numbers until very few remain serviceable. How many original Sony Playstation consoles are still operating normally ?
Manufactures today do carry out extensive testing of new product but no amount of testing will replace the thousands and in some cases millions of users using and abusing these products in some cases not in the way the manufacturer envisaged the product being used.
I am not saying the forum members abuse the i30N, I am just saying sometimes the manufacture did not imagine or account for some uses or conditions.
I gotta stop writing big posts like this as I am sure most of you already know this stuff. Much is common sense anyway.
"Give it a rest Stash - OK I will" now I am talking to myself. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Like every man-made (person made if you want) item ever made nothing is perfect. I suspect the human factor causes most production issues. The idea that every car is assembled like those in the documentaries showing how Bugatti Veyrons are assembled is a pipe dream. This is why automation is so big for the mass production companies. Shhh! remove the humans cause they can stuff up.
The other area prone to issues are the electronics. Failure rates for electronic components will be elevated in the first 3 months or so of operation. After that those that have not failed seem to continue for the design life of the item. This design life will vary from item to item depending on the quality of components and design of the item. After the design life has been and gone electronics will gradually fail in increasing numbers until very few remain serviceable. How many original Sony Playstation consoles are still operating normally ?
Manufactures today do carry out extensive testing of new product but no amount of testing will replace the thousands and in some cases millions of users using and abusing these products in some cases not in the way the manufacturer envisaged the product being used.
I am not saying the forum members abuse the i30N, I am just saying sometimes the manufacture did not imagine or account for some uses or conditions.
I gotta stop writing big posts like this as I am sure most of you already know this stuff. Much is common sense anyway.
"Give it a rest Stash - OK I will" now I am talking to myself. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Sounds like you could talk underwater if you could :D:D:D. Your input is a good one Stash :cool:. Maverick and Gosby have good points also. I'm just wondering for example the headlining rattle, it would not be just the N as the donor car has been around for years. Surely this issue has been raised before and rectified in future models? Food for thought.

Sounds like you could talk underwater if you could :D:D:D. Your input is a good one Stash :cool:. Maverick and Gosby have good points also. I'm just wondering for example the headlining rattle, it would not be just the N as the donor car has been around for years. Surely this issue has been raised before and rectified in future models? Food for thought.
Someone mentioned a foam insulation block not properly in place somewhere in the forum. If it does not happen on all cars then I would go with human factor and not a design fault. Might be difficult to install during the construction or it may fall out of place as they install the roof lining.
I have the panoramic sunroof so this may not happen with this installed. I don't really know at this point.

Reactions: Aussiei30N
@Admin!
It's to be add the 5 to 6th gear issue to the first topic?
If others +1 only a solution.

With the amount of recalls, is it worth me emailing my dealer, as the car hasn’t yet been registered, and getting them to check everything before they hand the keys over to me?

Or are these issues being ironed out on more recent deliveries?

With the amount of recalls, is it worth me emailing my dealer, as the car hasn’t yet been registered, and getting them to check everything before they hand the keys over to me?

Got mine in September, brand new on a 68 plate, 4000 miles covered so far, the car has been faultless! I wouldn't meet trouble half way if I were You! ;)

Reactions: GazmaN and GSkins85

Hi @GSkins85. I would hope that Hyundai UK are the same as Hyundai AUST in that they carry out any known updates and fixes once the vehicle has landed from the factory. This at least is my understanding. This just leaves the pre delivery service / inspection for the local dealer to carry out therefore reducing any problems with the local dealer not knowing how to change this or flash that.
All known issues should therefore be dealt with before your dealer takes delivery. :cool::)

Thanks Stash! I didn’t pick my local dealer, so don’t really fancy driving up and down the motorway to get a handle fixed or the windscreen to stop rattling lol.

Dear all,
I can also add here that the dual mass flywheel had to be changed in my car after 22000kms. I have to admit the car was producing some syndromes since the tacho showed 6000kms and i have been using dte tuningbox from 3000kms on as well.(of course i remove the tuning box every single time i visit the dealership for service maintence) when the car was standing and idleing in neutral some rattling noise could be heard from the front. It was audiable inside and outside too. When i pushed the clutch in the rattling noise was gone. Changing gears from 1-2 and 2-3 was also noisy and flowing with the hardly going traffic was also jerky, noisy somtimes. The dealership took the car away for almost two weeks and at a result they told me that the dual mass flywheel had to be changed. Now i can still hear the rattling a little bit, but it is not that bad as it was and i started not giving a thing about it...

That rattling noise is clutch release bearing probably I have been reporting some time ago. Did your dealer also replaced release bearing or they installed back your faulty one?
Does it sond like this?

That rattling noise is clutch release bearing probably I have been reporting some time ago. Did your dealer also replaced release bearing or they installed back your faulty one?
Does it sond like this?

Can confirm mine has had release bearing noise since day 1, although not that bad lol.

Has anyone else had an error pop up on their dash about Active Suspension? Just happened to me a few days ago, thought it might have just been because it was dreadfully cold and snowy here the last week or so but even after letting the car sit inside for a full day to defrost the error persists. Nothing comes up under DTC codes when I scan either, will have to take it into the dealer tomorrow and see what's happening.

Xtreme Stage 1 kit ordered and hopefully it will solve all my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.