• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Wow. Either the clips are ******* hard to remove or I'm simply too stupid to do that. Are they really only fitted with clips? What kind of clips? Would be nice if someone could help me. It's so hot:(

From those pictures there is only 1 screw in each door panel and I have no idea what clips they are. They always look easy, I'm always afraid I'm going to break stuff like that.

If worse come worst go and get an ice cream

Reactions: padigree
Cutting the outputs and joining new speaker wires

FP7H3ZU.jpg

Reactions: Maverick
That's a bit weird.. The alpines should not be as loud as the stock speakers, as they are 60 watts RMS and require more power to be driven, comparing to somewhere around 20-40 that the stock ones are.. :rolleyes:

Nope. The sesitivity of a speaker is what makes it "louder" :) you can have 89 dB/V speaker that is significantly "quieter" than 91 dB one. Speaker's wattage is a measure of power handling - i.e. the amount of power dissipated by speaker before it's damaged. More wattage = more headroom (harder to cause distortion). Power rating has nothing to do with being quieter or louder under same given circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damir
Thanks to all for making this DIY guide so simple. Over the weekend, I changed front and rear door speakers with Hertz components (front) and Alpine S class coaxial (rears), using a dremel to modify the speaker baskets, and soldering the wires to retain the factory wiring plugs.
It was worth the fiddling, as the results look neat and tidy, and the improvement to both the detail and performance of the speakers is simply HUGE. Its so good, i doubt i will need to consider an inline amp or under-seat sub.
In the next month I will have a go for the front tweeters, if i can remove the grilles and try to fit the Hertz items, without causing any damage.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.35.46 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.35.46 PM.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 130
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.35.55 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.35.55 PM.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 137
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.36.00 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.36.00 PM.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 137
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 10.36.33 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 10.36.33 AM.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 136
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.36.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-05 at 4.36.22 PM.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 138
Thanks to all for making this DIY guide so simple. Over the weekend, I changed front and rear door speakers with Hertz components (front) and Alpine S class coaxial (rears), using a dremel to modify the speaker baskets, and soldering the wires to retain the factory wiring plugs.
It was worth the fiddling, as the results look neat and tidy, and the improvement to both the detail and performance of the speakers is simply HUGE. Its so good, i doubt i will need to consider an inline amp or under-seat sub.
In the next month I will have a go for the front tweeters, if i can remove the grilles and try to fit the Hertz items, without causing any damage.

Are you able to share the exact speakers you used. Going to have to change mine as the standard ones are just horrendous.

Are you able to share the exact speakers you used. Going to have to change mine as the standard ones are just horrendous.
Front doors I fitted hertz dsk 160.3, crazy price at AUD120, and rears are Alpine SPC-170 C-Series, full price at AUD119. Both were around 56mm depth. So as long as the mounting depth isnt beyond 56mm, you should be ok.