• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Headunit firmware & GPS navigation maps update

Yeah before the latest update I was doing this and it was fine. The postcode worked if I was within 2/3 miles of the destination because I tried when I was there. On the left was 2 options - near my location and another. Seems mine is defaulting to near my location.
Jim - if you have a minute can you do a postcode search for SA6 8QL (Swansea Hyundai) and see if it comes up OK & do you have the near my location option or near town...?

I don't understand why I have different - do you do a full reset after you update? I haven't...

If you could that would be great

Paul
It finds it no problem. Gives a result of St David's Ind Estate distance 178 miles.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The1Bandit
It finds it no problem. Gives a result of St David's Ind Estate distance 178 miles.
Thanks for doing that Jim. I'll have a good look at the settings and see if there is anything I can change. Cheers, really appreciate it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jajodu
Thanks for doing that Jim. I'll have a good look at the settings and see if there is anything I can change. Cheers, really appreciate it!
That's funny as I never had any issues with this map or the previous (faulty) April one with regards to finding places. What results do you get, here's a picture of the result I get.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210717_204339.jpg
    IMG_20210717_204339.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 37
Do you use your phone as a mobile hotspot in the car.? I always do and I have it starting automatically using an app called tasker. I just wonder if the nav is using the internet for searching.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bu11eT
Do you use your phone as a mobile hotspot in the car.? I always do and I have it starting automatically using an app called tasker. I just wonder if the nav is using the internet for searching.
I'll have a look tomorrow and post screenshots what I'm seeing.
Yeah I setup tasker too so it hotpots when in the car. Traffic and speed cameras work well. Just this search being funny. Hopefully I can find a setting
 
That's funny as I never had any issues with this map or the previous (faulty) April one with regards to finding places. What results do you get, here's a picture of the result I get.
Ok I've done some photos of what I get when close to home (around 3.5 miles away) and much closer (around 1.5 miles)
Weirdly at home I get no results found for the street name OR postcode (with or without space) but 1.5 miles away it's there. At home, if I get to the no results found page I can use the Near City Centre option on the left, enter the closest town and it find it. It's almost like my software install is only local search or something weird.... Pics below
 

Attachments

  • Postcode Close.JPG
    Postcode Close.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Postcode Far but Town Entered.JPG
    Postcode Far but Town Entered.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Postcode Far.JPG
    Postcode Far.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Road Name Close.JPG
    Road Name Close.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Software Version.JPG
    Software Version.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 30
Ok I've put the maps onto a spare sd card. The car loaded them up and I tried a search and it's the same.
Thinking I might have to do a factory reset which I hate doing (because I have to set up everything again...)
 
I bet Hyundai won't be any help whatsoever.
Yeah probably.

Just to update you all. I was around 6 miles or so away from my house and tried the postcode that wouldn't come up - guess what it did! Road name, postcode, partial postcode - all there in a list. Tried searching for distant places around the area and found them.
Got home and nothing, no results. Doesn't make any sense....!

My phone is bluetooth and wifi connected using tasker - picks up the traffic etc... nicely.

Seems like I have a issue around my house and that's normally when you need to enter your destination most.... I'll have to rely on Google or Waze for now
 
Last edited:
Yeah probably.

Just to update you all. I was around 6 miles or so away from my house and tried the postcode that wouldn't come up - guess what it did! Road name, postcode, partial postcode - all there in a list. Tried searching for distant places around the area and found them.
Got home and nothing, no results. Doesn't make any sense....!

My phone is bluetooth and wifi connected using tasker - picks up the traffic etc... nicely.

Seems like I have a deadzone around my house....
How many satellites show on the unit?
 
Ok I've not quite reset yet but just tried running the software/firmware update again. Went through the whole thing and the same. Wont search anything unless I also put the destination town/city. So I'll do a reset later
 
Ok system reset done and still the same. Nothing has changed so still stuffed with the Nav search. Now the pain of setting everything back to how it was :confused:
Jim - when you read this. You know your map link on your google account. Was it a straight download, unzip and copy to fresh formatted card or was there any folders etc... to rename/remove....?
I think the software must be ok but the map files must have an issue...
 
Ok system reset done and still the same. Nothing has changed so still stuffed with the Nav search. Now the pain of setting everything back to how it was :confused:
Jim - when you read this. You know your map link on your google account. Was it a straight download, unzip and copy to fresh formatted card or was there any folders etc... to rename/remove....?
I think the software must be ok but the map files must have an issue...
Straight download, unzip to a folder and copy content to a freshly formatted SDcard.
Send me a screenshot of the contents when you get a chance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The1Bandit