• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Dashboard/Windshield Noise Fix

Pollak

Anybody noticed about a noise from the roof map lamp? The passenger side's lamp button is always take some noise. When i push for a little time go to silence, then came back.
i had the same noise. take your passenger lamp out, the small one (make up)
then go with your finger in the hole backwards. there inside is an insulation foam. mine was not anymore at his place. i just placed it correct and the noise is gone completely.

i had the same noise. take your passenger lamp out, the small one (make up)
then go with your finger in the hole backwards. there inside is an insulation foam. mine was not anymore at his place. i just placed it correct and the noise is gone completely.
Thank you very much, i try it!

Anybody noticed about a noise from the roof map lamp? The passenger side's lamp button is always take some noise. When i push for a little time go to silence, then came back.
I have this exact noise, and from the exact same place. It sounds like the spring that pushes the map lamp cover back is too weak.

Im going to remove the cover and add a thin layer of fabric tape to the very edge, which should stop the noise.

The other option I thought would be to stretch the spring so that it exterts more force on the lamp cover.

It may sound trival, but that noise is soooooo annoying!

Hello everybody! I think I have the same Problem as you had. Someone have a Video about this annoying noise? It would help me to compare the noise that I have.