• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

How To: Dashboard/Windshield Noise Fix

700km and all fine so far.

The only noise was from my sunglasses in the holder top of the windscreen. Good holder in that its now deep, if you ever had an older car like before 2005 you couldn't fit the wrap around sunglasses in them and close the door.

Doesn't seem to be quite enough felt in there so will probably have to put the glasses in there in their protective bag.

Reactions: speedking
I think I hear mine creeking but I am not sure if its from the Windscreen or something else
Still trying to figure out.

2023 I30N DCT only 300km, today I had an angry buzzing/vibration noise under N Custom mode, for the first time. It was colder outside than previous days and the noise occured only inside certain rpm intervals corresponding to specific exhaust sound/frequency. Unfortunately, I was alone in the car, could not ask a passenger to apply pressure on different parts of plastic. No noise in normal mode. Sorry, english is not my first language, I don't know if I can describe it as rattle or cracking, but "buzzing/vibration". Kinda sad for a brand new car.

Sounds like the electronic sound generator is causing the noise
Thanks, you mean some parts(plastic inside dashboard), probably on the passenger side, start vibrating/resonating when the sound generator produces a certain frequency sound? Cause it's definitely a noise I heard before in many other(older) cars with aging plastic. Also, it only happened yesterday, so it seems to be affected by cold weather(harder plastic bits?)

2023 I30N DCT only 300km, today I had an angry buzzing/vibration noise under N Custom mode, for the first time. It was colder outside than previous days and the noise occured only inside certain rpm intervals corresponding to specific exhaust sound/frequency. Unfortunately, I was alone in the car, could not ask a passenger to apply pressure on different parts of plastic. No noise in normal mode. Sorry, english is not my first language, I don't know if I can describe it as rattle or cracking, but "buzzing/vibration". Kinda sad for a brand new car.
I´ve never heard of a FL version that has the windshield noise. I guess they fixed the problem when they introduced the FL.
My bet is the soundgenerator.
The windshieldnoise would not occur depending on rpm´s, but when driving over bumps or cobblestones.