• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Personally I file Rev Matching in the "its a bit shit" box. It may be wonderful for track driving but for road use I've managed to change gear quickly for almost 25years without having it available.

I also wonder about drivetrain longevity with these systems.

I sound like a parott with this but anything other than Normal setting and it makes me cringe a bit lol.

I think you are may be mistaken regarding rev matching and longevity of the drive train?

Rev matching does not have to be about just fast shifting. I also use rev matching during relaxed driving. Just have rev matching in “normal” to make the engine hold the RPM a little longer.

Rev matching make sure the clutch plates match in speed much better than we can during clutch release.

If anything this will reduce the wear on the drive train. The auto blip is electronically controlled and does not wear down the car more than pressing the gas pedal.

I think you are may be mistaken regarding rev matching and longevity of the drive train?

Rev matching does not have to be about just fast shifting. I also use rev matching during relaxed driving. Just have rev matching in “normal” to make the engine hold the RPM a little longer.

Rev matching make sure the clutch plates match in speed much better than we can during clutch release.

If anything this will reduce the wear on the drive train. The auto blip is electronically controlled and does not wear down the car more than pressing the gas pedal.
Mine is never off, just makes for a smoother drive especially when I'm feeling lazy.

"You will need to splice 4 wires to connectors underneath the center console. For each model, we will provide an instruction manual that will show you exactly which connector and which wire to splice the wires to. "

That's a no for me.
The splicing is what put me off too :D

"You will need to splice 4 wires to connectors underneath the center console. For each model, we will provide an instruction manual that will show you exactly which connector and which wire to splice the wires to. "

That's a no for me.
The other one linked also have 4 wires, but instead of blowing 70USD it costs about 15... No problems at all yet.

Does anyone know about changes to the clutch / gearbox on the I30N fastback? The reviews online claim the gear shifts are way smoother.

Does anyone know about changes to the clutch / gearbox on the I30N fastback? The reviews online claim the gear shifts are way smoother.
First I've heard of any changes to any N recently. Maybe just well-worn test hacks that have had a chance to "bed in" or motoring journos running a COVID fever and tripping just a little bit?

Does anybody get a clutch smell in their cars? if I am trying to say park on a hill and manoeuvring into a space the slightest clutch slip seems to result in a clutch smell in the car, apart from that it's fine even hard acceleration with normal gear changes does not result in any smell only hill parking.

Does anybody get a clutch smell in their cars? if I am trying to say park on a hill and manoeuvring into a space the slightest clutch slip seems to result in a clutch smell in the car, apart from that it's fine even hard acceleration with normal gear changes does not result in any smell only hill parking.
Never. Certainly not going to begin clutch technique tutorial with you at your age (no disrepect intended, much the opposite) but this thing is best treated like it has a button clutch I reckon. In or out, don't dither too much. Can still be smooth.

• Haha
Reactions: pillred
That clutch doesn´t like sliping at all - the result is the same as you described. Uphill parking is the worst case for clutch because when you try to release clutch pedal without sliping it, you will catch up too much speed. Also that auto hold function does not make things better.

Reactions: pillred
That clutch doesn´t like sliping at all - the result is the same as you described. Uphill parking is the worst case for clutch because when you try to release clutch pedal without sliping it, you will catch up too much speed. Also that auto hold function does not make things better.
That is exactly the problem, very hard to control in tight situations without feathering the clutch a bit never really had this problem before unless really going for it on take-off trying to stop wheelspin.

Mine did for the first few months then stopped

Hello! I have problems shifting from 5th to 6th gear. If you switch sharply, in a racing style, it engages well, but if you switch it gently, slowly the gear does not turn on, you have to turn it on by force. Has anyone encountered such a problem? If so, how did you manage to solve this problem? I would be grateful for the advice.