• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Emotion reviews

I won’t be allowed to drive my car soon for 3months, I’m going to miss driving it, at least I’m not putting kms on it I suppose lol, hope the time flys..
The time will pass, just make sure You run the car on tickover for about five minutes twice a week, just to keep the battery charged.

I think sometimes I just don't realise how many emotions this car is giving to me. From time to time, when browsing the web, I have a thought of why didn't I go for a GTI/R or a Mini JCW or smth else. And every single time I approach car in the parking and start it, all those thoughts go away.

On days when it feels like I've had too much in the office, just get into the car in the evening and drive. Never thought it would be my remedy but it is haha

Even after covering 50 miles today in bloody London traffic, I still feel like going back and driving through quiet countryside roads. That's how much of an addiction this car is. At least for me :)

Reactions: GazmaN and Stash-N
Not sure I’ll get a charger yet? I’ll just kick it over a couple of times a week, I am going to cover it though and fill up the tyres, that should do it till my 3 months is up..

Reactions: J BOB
I think sometimes I just don't realise how many emotions this car is giving to me. From time to time, when browsing the web, I have a thought of why didn't I go for a GTI/R or a Mini JCW or smth else. And every single time I approach car in the parking and start it, all those thoughts go away.

On days when it feels like I've had too much in the office, just get into the car in the evening and drive. Never thought it would be my remedy but it is haha

Even after covering 50 miles today in bloody London traffic, I still feel like going back and driving through quiet countryside roads. That's how much of an addiction this car is. At least for me :)
So, apart from not having to deal with UK traffic I too feel the same about the i30N.
GTi and Megane were on my radar big and bold prior to Hyundai's release of the i30N. Once this car was confirmed for Australia all talk of the other brands ceased.
Driving it causes me to forget everything else and just enjoy the act of driving. This year has been full of ups and downs for me also but amongst all the goings on the i30N was as Superman would say my "fortress of solitude" even if my lovely wife was sitting in the passenger seat.
I think that will all the things that go on with peoples lives nowadays sitting in a car and just concentrating on getting the corner right and getting that shift right is a beautiful thing.
Forget social media, forget work pressures, forget health issues , forget everything except the driving experience. It for me is cathartic to say the least. :cool::)

So, apart from not having to deal with UK traffic I too feel the same about the i30N.
GTi and Megane were on my radar big and bold prior to Hyundai's release of the i30N. Once this car was confirmed for Australia all talk of the other brands ceased.
Driving it causes me to forget everything else and just enjoy the act of driving. This year has been full of ups and downs for me also but amongst all the goings on the i30N was as Superman would say my "fortress of solitude" even if my lovely wife was sitting in the passenger seat.
I think that will all the things that go on with peoples lives nowadays sitting in a car and just concentrating on getting the corner right and getting that shift right is a beautiful thing.
Forget social media, forget work pressures, forget health issues , forget everything except the driving experience. It for me is cathartic to say the least. :cool::)
Amen.

Reactions: Stash-N

Yes, exactly. If you want this feeling even more powerfully, then ride a moto. Even more visceral and you have to be focused even more. That sole focus, as you described it, is wonderfully relaxing. With the N I now get it even more often - the moto is more special (you’re 100% part of everything, including temperature and smell). The N though is still awesome as I drive 10x more often.

Funny that so many of us have had difficult years...some more than others, but it’s great that we all have found some good times here and in the N.

I waited and waited for a test drive.
Drove it, came home. Wife asked me how it was.
I said "i'll buy it now if you are okay with it"
She said "can we afford it"
I said "kinda"

10 minutes later, price locked in, car locked.

I still LOVE it. Still makes me smile, giggle and laugh. So much fun, so engaging.
Press start, hit custom mode and I am away. Helps me get over how SHIT work is.

Most engine wear occurs when cold starting, excess fuel washes oil from the cylinder bores, everything is cold, oil is only starting to circulate the bearings, you are much better off just putting the battery on a charger, removing it from the car and keeping it in the house maybe even easier for the 3 months. Make sure the doors are locked first though.

Reactions: Stash-N and GazmaN
Ok
Most engine wear occurs when cold starting, excess fuel washes oil from the cylinder bores, everything is cold, oil is only starting to circulate the bearings, you are much better off just putting the battery on a charger, removing it from the car and keeping it in the house maybe even easier for the 3 months. Make sure the doors are locked first though.
Ok then, so basically I don’t need to start the engine at all for the 3 months, just take the battery out, put it on a charger and that’s it? Will the engine will be ok for that period of time with no action?

Ok

Ok then, so basically I don’t need to start the engine at all for the 3 months, just take the battery out, put it on a charger and that’s it? Will the engine will be ok for that period of time with no action?
No problems, they sit around in the importers for much longer than that.

FORUM REVIEW

Work was f#$*ed today; dealing with broken systems and broken people, and processing the aftermath of violence, death and destruction. Down south, Australia is literally on fire. On the other side of the world Donald Trump still draws breath. Serious lack of good news. So when I got home I turned my phone off, said "screw you" to the household chores, went out the back with a bottle of wine and got on the forum. For two and a half hours straight and with no distraction - what a luxury.

Read lots. Learnt heaps. Caught up. Had some laughs. Basically fell down an 'N hole' for a bit. This forum is the first (and only) social media in which I have participated. It has been a very pleasant experience. The tone of posts from the vast majority of members is measured, warm, helpful and humorous. There is rarely nastiness or smart-arsery. The moderators do a fine job of quelling any flare-ups.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I love hanging out here when I can. I have a new hobby that can take me away from the 'bump and grind' - both on the road and off it. I hope most of you feel the same way. If I sound like a sentimental old w*nker I do not apologise. Good night, stay safe, be good. Rage against the machine even if you happen to be a part of it like me.

FORUM REVIEW

Work was f#$*ed today; dealing with broken systems and broken people, and processing the aftermath of violence, death and destruction. Down south, Australia is literally on fire. On the other side of the world Donald Trump still draws breath. Serious lack of good news. So when I got home I turned my phone off, said "screw you" to the household chores, went out the back with a bottle of wine and got on the forum. For two and a half hours straight and with no distraction - what a luxury.

Read lots. Learnt heaps. Caught up. Had some laughs. Basically fell down an 'N hole' for a bit. This forum is the first (and only) social media in which I have participated. It has been a very pleasant experience. The tone of posts from the vast majority of members is measured, warm, helpful and humorous. There is rarely nastiness or smart-arsery. The moderators do a fine job of quelling any flare-ups.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I love hanging out here when I can. I have a new hobby that can take me away from the 'bump and grind' - both on the road and off it. I hope most of you feel the same way. If I sound like a sentimental old w*nker I do not apologise. Good night, stay safe, be good. Rage against the machine even if you happen to be a part of it like me.

On this "forum review" regard, i must say i do feel the same way as you, when i'm at work and just finished some project/paperwork i like to get here even for 5 minutes and check "what's new".... needless to say sometimes i get of work late at this forum's expense :cool:. Fortunately i have my own office and can search freely but it's the devil because 5 minutes become 10 and 20..... its kinda addictive due to the subjects, people, projects, comments and much prefer reading all sorts of stuff here than going on FB and IG (which i have) and see crap + crap + crap every single day and learn absolutely nothing useful. Above all else, there is so much help around here, people have taken time of their lives and help me on several occasions and for that i'm grateful.

FORUM REVIEW

What positive aspects came from the work that day? What can we control, out of what has been experienced? After all the turmoil, what good things were accomplished in the day? May take some thought but well worth the time, always.:) We take the time to think about the bad but do we give ourselves a chance to think about the good, even if it was very small and seemed insignificant? Dwell on these things.

If we learn to lighten up on ourselves, we'll all begin to see the better side of most things. Let the things go, we aren't in control of and find the good in what we experience. :)

I think we can all benefit from thinking and practicing these things for the good of others and ourselves.:) Old saying goes, "have a bad day, chase it away with the things that are good."

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” – Prov 4:23

You only have control over three things in your life – the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take.” – Jack Canfield

"For every negative there is a positive, it is how we envision the positive that distinguishes our thoughts and actions." - JM

“If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” –- Vincent Van Gogh

Cheers Mates

Last edited: