• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Can they lock the map so i cant be over ridden by another tuner or main dealer can you ask?

I would be worried about taking my car back for some work then them saying oh we upated the ECU with the latest upate.....Gahhh map lost lol
A very very good point well made, it’s somthing I can ask for sure, but if not just relay into hyundai if it ever goes back, the same way I will make sure every single person I talk to if it goes back in for any type of work at Hyundai “I DO NOT GIVE PERMISSION FOR MY CAR TO BE ROAD TESTED!!!!!!” As I swear these “N technicians" just take it for a hack...especially if mines far from stock

Last edited:
Translation to Hyundaise: “I have warranty-voiding modifications!”

Get yourself a spare ECM.
I'm unaware what it's like dealer service wise over where you are, but I have had on 2 ocassions now, hyundai take my car out for a "road test" without permission when simply not required. Stock car or highly modified car, I'd request the same from now on. Do you see the need in having your car "road tested" for an oil and filter change? Plus with a giant air filter, an obviously larger intercooler and if you look close enough under the bonnet, clearly an upgraded down pipe. I'm not going to try and fool anybody the fact my car has "warranty voiding modifications" I've said it many many times so far in my thread, I am fully aware I have voided my warranty. I will not try an fool anybody I have not.

I'm not getting the hump but I won't address anymore warranty comments

Last edited:
Absolutely not, but you said for any type of service, so the distinction wasn’t made. Just depends on the context, but I do agree services rendered not related to driving performance should never result in a road test.

Reactions: Dan_bush27
I don’t care about the warranty either; well, at least I won’t after the mods begin. The spare ECM comment was speaking to the notion that your ECM could be overwritten whilst having a servicing. It’s happened over here where someone loses their tune when the ECM is updated without being asked.

Anyway, any plans for a dyno session soon? :cool:

Absolutely not, but you said for any type of service, so the distinction wasn’t made. Just depends on the context, but I do agree services rendered not related to driving performance should never result in a road test.
I don’t care about the warranty either; well, at least I won’t after the mods begin. The spare ECM comment was speaking to the notion that your ECM could be overwritten whilst having a servicing. It’s happened over here where someone loses their tune when the ECM is updated without being asked.

Anyway, any plans for a dyno session soon? :cool:
So the car will be carried on with today, it’s 5am here so fingers crossed in 12 hours time, it will be running to its maximum potential :D

I will keep my fingers crossed to you. I have one question to your tuner, if my tuner will not achieve the expected result, can I send my ECU to your tuner? Your setup is pretty similar to mine (the only difference is that I have de-cat DP) and it might work.

I will keep my fingers crossed to you. I have one question to your tuner, if my tuner will not achieve the expected result, can I send my ECU to your tuner? Your setup is pretty similar to mine (the only difference is that I have de-cat DP) and it might work.

dont be a whimp ROAD TRIP!!! ill put you up for a night :)

Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Things are not looking good. We’ve lost over a day, the down pipe still isn’t on, the stud bolts from the turbo had gotten so hot as some point, the whole thing had welded itself together, Yesterday we got the intercooler on after base runs and ecu was being cracked all day, then getting downpipe off, it all went tits up. We’ve been drilling out the studs for the past 8-10 working hours, Had to order new studs in, I have to pick my daughter up at 3 so even if we get the new downpipe back on, no chance of mapping it at all today. Will be around 1.5-2 weeks before they have another opening to fit in mapping.

I am absolutely gutted :(:(

:( Sh..t happens sometimes. Hold up your head and don´t forget that evey bad thing can be also good for something.

Things are not looking good. We’ve lost over a day, the down pipe still isn’t on, the stud bolts from the turbo had gotten so hot as some point, the whole thing had welded itself together, Yesterday we got the intercooler on after base runs and ecu was being cracked all day, then getting downpipe off, it all went tits up. We’ve been drilling out the studs for the past 8-10 working hours, Had to order new studs in, I have to pick my daughter up at 3 so even if we get the new downpipe back on, no chance of mapping it at all today. Will be around 1.5-2 weeks before they have another opening to fit in mapping.

I am absolutely gutted :(:(

Sorry to hear that mate. Will the car be driveable and have some of the aftermarket parts on ?Wonder if they can stick it on the Dyno before you leave at least to see if it’s running ok....

Thanks guys, yea it’ll run fine on the standard ecu/map as the downpipe has a cat so won’t throw up any problems from the lamba sensor etc, will do a quick road test, they are just re fitting undertray and body work. It’s all due to the studs being such a fine pitch, 1.25 compared to the German 1.5, more secure but anpain in the arse in this situation.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1
downpipe has a cat so won’t throw up any problems from the lamba sensor etc.
Are U using some sort of O2 spacer? If not, you will see CEL soon ;)
I used also 200 cpsi sports cat and after 3-days I had CEL. It does not change anything regarding power, so it will be only that ugly yellow signal on dash.

I think you don't need a "decat" mod on your ecu.
On my Golf 6 with ABT standard map (for stock downpipe) i also had a 200cpi Friedrich Motorsport downpip without any issue.
No check engine light for 3-4 years and also passed the emission test within TÜV.

Lets wait couple of more days and we will se who was right regarding CEL ;) I have been driving around now 4-days with de-cat downpipe and no CEL so far but it will appear soon 100%.