• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Dan_bush27 Performance blue thread

Good stuff Dan. Yeah, post your impressions later if you can. ;) On a side note, my car was absolutely flying the other day. Joined the M8 from LIvingston and the pick up in speed when I floored it was sensational....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Honestly......no real noticeable performance change,might pick up abit better in revs, no noise change but I never was looking for that, but for £50 the fact I know it’s there is enough, plus with proof of purchase getting the same money off their full induction kit as an option was attractive too
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
No surprises there then Dan... Maybe 2-3 bhp with the full system if your lucky... Maybe more if you polish and gas flow the inlet and exhaust ports in the head.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cygnus X-1
Ha,ha. Yeah, it ‘looks’ Nice! That’s enough!

I’m fitting new number plates tonight. They look cracking - plain plates but the 3D Gel lettering. Nothing else on them so nice and clean.

Will post pics on my car thread once done.:cool:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Gazza
Ha,ha. Yeah, it ‘looks’ Nice! That’s enough!

I’m fitting new number plates tonight. They look cracking - plain plates but the 3D Gel lettering. Nothing else on them so nice and clean.

Will post pics on my car thread once done.:cool:
That’s what I have, they look great!
 
Cheers. Yeah, they’ll be a kinda ‘stop gap’ market and such like for filters, intercooler and other performance upgrades and then they’ll be the bespoke, well developed kit that’ll come later.

I think these companies still want to make sure it’s going to be worth their while but we’re hopefully getting beyond that stage now, given the positivity from every corner of the motoring industry....
 
My car is in Regal Autosport today having some work which I’ll share when I pick my car up later but we started the day with a dyno run

Stock + pipercross filter 278.8 bhp and 288.4 lbft
DTUK box on max + filter 299.3 bhp and 340.8 lbft

Very happy! Just wish it hit the 300 mark for self satisfaction :cool:

38DEE86B-855C-437D-A700-EFC7194454A0.jpeg57DBC15C-D12C-429F-A9B5-A1FDAA6BA9E5.jpeg
 
That's much better Dan, and in keeping with my results. Very good indeed.

The peak torque and hp with the box are v.similar to my numbers (296hp and 343ftlbs)

Stock figures are perfect aren't they. Chuffed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_bush27
I’ve gone lower and wider with H&R 35mm drop springs and 15mm spacers, I feel it gives such an aggressive stance! Absolutely love the way it looks.
I have my track day wheels and tyres for when I will push the car so not worried about “how the spacers will mess the car set up” as I never push my car on the road anyway, this is purely cosmetic. The ride is very very slightly stiffer with the normal setting but fine for daily use

Not a great photo but will capture more after it’s washed

9578FCE6-1071-4379-A875-93CA1A99ED87.jpeg
 
Does the pipercross filter make that silly sneezing sound or is it like the original?