• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Brake Upgrade Discussion (Discs / Pads / ... )

Last time we tried to get feedback from Ferodo, they told us that there are still no pads for N.
 
Why does no one go for the Ferodo DS2500? :p Those pads are legendary.
I will swap to them when my OEM's are gone.
They are a love or hate pad. People slate them but I have never had any issues on all my cars with them.
 
@iAmRuSu at least for germany, there are replacement pads from several companies (Metelli, Delphi, Herth+Buss, cifam, A.B.S.). Whether you want any of them on your car I dont know since I never ran any component from one of these companies, Herth+Buss sounds the most familiar to me though.
 
i have winmax w3 brake pads. Not yet able to test on track. Normally next week...
 
Is anyone already using the tarox kit? I managed to kill my front calipers (that's another story worth an own thread, I guess) and I'm looking to get a race track ready replacement. Unfortunatelly, in Germany that's the only kit offered as far as I know. So - is it any good?
 
Is anyone already using the tarox kit? I managed to kill my front calipers (that's another story worth an own thread, I guess) and I'm looking to get a race track ready replacement. Unfortunatelly, in Germany that's the only kit offered as far as I know. So - is it any good?

You just need to grease the brake caliper mount (guides). I have the same problem after track, grease was gone
 
Not the most cheapest option but will give some weight reduction (around 10kg) and Oem braking balance will be not ruined. Front discs 345x30mm and rear 350x20mm. Rear discs will be installed with caliper relocation kit. Will work perfect with cheap oem brake pads. Kit was made by company called Wortec, located in UK
More pictures inside of @Dan_bush27 car topic
 
The guys at Wortec over here in the UK, there is plenty of info in my personal build thread and Instagram page @i30n_d4n_bl about them with pictures too. Their website is www.wortec.co.uk although it’s under construction. Insta tag is @wortec_uk and they have their own fb page.

They feature heavily in my car feature video on YouTube



A couple of plugs there ;)
 
The wortec look good, but they seem a bit shy on advertising prices!

I was wondering if there was any news on the Godspeed 2-piece discs, as I've used a lot of his stuff on my Impreza in the past?
 
Last edited: