• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Brake Upgrade Discussion (Discs / Pads / ... )

Hello,
Someone know if the Kia stinger front BREMBO calipers are valid for the I30n? I thinl thats possible..

@Hodei: this has been discussed in this thread before...

The Bolt flange for the caliper to the hub is 10mm different in width so the Genisis G70 or the stinger Brembos wont bolt up, the offset of the disc will also need to be changed to tuck the caliper in so as to fit the standard wheels or a dished wheel would be needed.
I havent had a set of Genesis Coupe calipers to test.

At my 2nd track event, I did 4 20 min sessions and thought the stock brakes with stock fluid were great. No brake fade.

At my 3rd track event, I checked the pads and there was around 75%. So I should be good right? No, I melted the pads!

The pistons still look OK:

The rears look good:

I experienced brake fade in the 5th 20 min session, so I came in to check. Thinking back, I did notice a LOT more dust than normal when checking pressures. I would get a poof of brake dust in the air after inserting my tire pressure gauge and there was a little pile of brake dust on the bottom of the wheels. I guess that is a sign!

This was the same track as the 2nd event but in reverse. The difference was we went out on the hour. So 40 mins of down time, the brakes are probably not completely cooled down. Also, we only got 1/2 lap cool down. Next time that happens, I am going to drive down the road a couple of miles to cool the brakes down more.

Obviously, I do not recommend these pads for track use. I have an event on Nov 23, so I need new rotors and pads. I'm going to put in some Motul 600 brake fluid as well.

Here is what I am thinking and if anyone has suggestions, please chime in:
I need rotors before Nov 23, so I think I will go with stock. The Girodisk is 2-4 weeks. I may call them on Monday though.
Pads - https://www.genracer.com/g-loc-r10-rear-brake-pads-for-hyundai-veloster-n-performance/

How's everyone experience with the factory brake fluid? Hyundai Dot 4 has a dry boiling point of 280°c. I have a track day coming up and considering flushing it out with Penrite brake fluid Dot 4 which has a boiling point at 313°c.

How's everyone experience with the factory brake fluid? Hyundai Dot 4 has a dry boiling point of 280°c. I have a track day coming up and considering flushing it out with Penrite brake fluid Dot 4 which has a boiling point at 313°c.
I did half a lap of the nurburgring and it was shot. I am changing it asap

@Curves how did you experience the brake fade? Was it longer pedal and less brake Power or did you also notice Vibrations on hard braking?

Did you also notice anything on the way home?

@Curves how did you experience the brake fade? Was it longer pedal and less brake Power or did you also notice Vibrations on hard braking?

Did you also notice anything on the way home?

Longer pedal, less brake, no vibration. It felt like brake fade when you overheat. I didn't know the pads were toast. I always come in when I get longer pedal and glad I did this time.

I really should have got it towed home. But since it could still stop, I drove home cautiously keeping distance and making sure I had run off room. I didn't touch the breaks until a few miles near home. Lifting early and down shifting to slow down.

I did half a lap of the nurburgring and it was shot. I am changing it asap
How do you brake? At least if you mean the nordschleife by saying Nurburgring and not the GP track, it’s not exactly known to be very demanding on the brakes.

How do you brake? At least if you mean the nordschleife by saying Nurburgring and not the GP track, it’s not exactly known to be very demanding on the brakes.
I'm not hard on brakes and it was the Nordschleife which I agree is ok on brakes so I was shocked. It was only the fluid that boiled so replace that and it would be fine IMO.

If I used it on the gp track Id expect the brakes to be soft from the abuse

Riding the brakes, is never a good thing and can deteriorate braking capability quite quickly. Braking is relative to entry speed & momentum. Driving smooth, is fast. Diving into corners applying a lot of braking, is not conducive to smooth driving and maintaining momentum thru turns.

I'm looking for alternatives to the OEM pads that are just as good or a bit better. I NEVER go to the track so I don't need racing/track pads. I just need a budget friendly alternative to the oem pads. My dealer quoted me 900 Euro for front and rear OEM pads.... I would never pay anything close to that.
I found a few alternatives on autodoc that go for about 100 Euro (front and rear), but I've only heard of the brands (A.B.S, Herth & Buss, Blue Print). I haven't tried them before. Has anyone here had them? Or can you recommend others?
I am willing to pay up to 200 euro for a complete set of pads. Anything over that is insane to me (for street use). My Megane RS 275 Trophy came with Brembo discs and pads. The price for a complete set of Brembo brake pads was 130 Euro (price at the dealer!).

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions :)

Edit: I am only looking for pads in Europe. Otherwise shipping and import tax would be insane.

I'm looking for alternatives to the OEM pads that are just as good or a bit better. I NEVER go to the track so I don't need racing/track pads. I just need a budget friendly alternative to the oem pads. My dealer quoted me 900 Euro for front and rear OEM pads.... I would never pay anything close to that.
I found a few alternatives on autodoc that go for about 100 Euro (front and rear), but I've only heard of the brands (A.B.S, Herth & Buss, Blue Print). I haven't tried them before. Has anyone here had them? Or can you recommend others?
I am willing to pay up to 200 euro for a complete set of pads. Anything over that is insane to me (for street use). My Megane RS 275 Trophy came with Brembo discs and pads. The price for a complete set of Brembo brake pads was 130 Euro (price at the dealer!).

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions :)

Edit: I am only looking for pads in Europe. Otherwise shipping and import tax would be insane.
Blueprint are excellent parts, oem quality, I've been using them for years, also owned by bilstein.
Borg and Beck were well known for their clutch kits.

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN
I can´t find any information about size of V-Maxx discs. I can only see that calipers have 4-pistons inside. One more thing sounds weird - Oem brake pads (Performance package) does not have wear sensors but V-Maxx home page asks to install them.