• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Same thing i thought, first time i saw this thing :D
Ive tried several times to buy one but they never get back to me...wish someone would make something. Or atleast a better intake..could just do the quick and easy aluminum pipe and pod filter but will def need a cold air feed and heat shield
 
For making it I just need to find time to remove my front bumper, unscrew that duct, and send it to my friend. He will scan it, make even some improvements and pint it out with 3D printer (he is working in 3D printing company). He also ownes i30N and he wants to make it for himself but if someone else wants to get it too, he can produce those more.
 
For making it I just need to find time to remove my front bumper, unscrew that duct, and send it to my friend. He will scan it, make even some improvements and pint it out with 3D printer (he is working in 3D printing company). He also ownes i30N and he wants to make it for himself but if someone else wants to get it too, he can produce those more.
For me +1 :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: TarmoT
I'm going to start work on one once I get back from holiday. Sick of waiting! Already removed the air box and fitted just a filter using a 3d printed adapter. Should be fine in this cold weather while I get a heat shield and proper cold air intake made up.
 
Some news about that "German quality" induction pipe (80% of people who bought it, are reporting about same problems):
When it came:
36295461_2071649569769806_16937598668767232_n.jpg
36244997_2071649476436482_8856913723374174208_n.jpg
And how it looks now:
CAI.jpg
So I talked with my friend and asked him, does it make any sense to use 3D printer at all for making this kind of details because there is a bad deformation after 4-months of usage.
He told me that it happen because of low quality material used on 3D printing. He told me that he will improve the structure of that pipe and will use also littlebit of rubber for making pipe more resistant for vibrations and heat.
 
Some news about that "German quality" induction pipe (80% of people who bought it, are reporting about same problems):
When it came:
View attachment 4078
View attachment 4079
And how it looks now:
View attachment 4080
So I talked with my friend and asked him, does it make any sense to use 3D printer at all for making this kind of details because there is a bad deformation after 4-months of usage.
He told me that it happen because of low quality material used on 3D printing. He told me that he will improve the structure of that pipe and will use also littlebit of rubber for making pipe more resistant for vibrations and heat.
I think the main problem is the filament. This is maybe printed with ABS or PETG, but this is not resistant to temperatures above 95°C. There are some kinds which are more heat resistant / shape stable up to 220°C.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Stash-N
Ouch, imagine paying €160 plus for that, no wonder they're not selling them anymore. I printed my adapter in nylon which has a melting point of plus 230°C. Very useful those pics though, it's going to make it easier to make.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20181119_093807-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181119_093807-01.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 52
Ouch, imagine paying €160 plus for that, no wonder they're not selling them anymore. I printed my adapter in nylon which has a melting point of plus 230°C. Very useful those pics though, it's going to make it easier to make.
Is that adaptor for the end of the induction pipe? What size does each end measure?
 
89mm both ends to fit a generic ramair filter. It has a notch in on the intake side that matches the one on the air box.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20181119_104553-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181119_104553-01.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20181118_204628-01.jpeg
    IMG_20181118_204628-01.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 162
Would you like me to find out what the file I would require is? We have so many different machines at our place growing different materials. Are they all used with the same file type?
 
Would you like me to find out what the file I would require is? We have so many different machines at our place growing different materials. Are they all used with the same file type?

I imagine it would need an STL. Do you work in a place that does it?