• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Air Filter & Intake Discussion

Quick update for my "Hardpipe Fan Club" :p

Re-visited the Forge/Dbilas connection (it was chucked together in terrible weather previously) and made it nice and tight now. It was a bit loose for my liking. Also re-orientated the hardpipe slightly as I thought it was too close to engine block.

Turns out the connection must have been a bit too loose as I must have had an air leak. The whoosing noise is now gone (which is a bit of a shame as it sounded just like my old ITG Maxogen lol) as the seal is now definitely nice and tight and performance seems even better.

So, ITG filter in OEM box + Dbilas Hard Pipe + Forge Turbo inlet elbow = Definitely noticable, car pulls much harder.
Power increase - who knows, probably not much but the way the power is now delivered is definitely for the better.

Chuffed it all worked out :cool:
Just out of curiosity what made you install the stock box again over the Maxogen intake ?

Who! Me.

Right, managed to fit the Dbilas hard pipe and forge turbo adaptor to the OEM airbox.

Not as simple as it looked but trial and error wins the day.
You DO NOT need the reducer from the Forge elbow to the hard pipe. That makes it all too long!
So a combination to couplings and connectors gets you where you need to be.
The connector Dbilas supply to connect to the OEM airbox is too tight for my liking so I cut down a Samco coupling to size. This works well!
It all sounds awesome and I can feel a difference in pick up straight away.

Will update with installed pic later.
I have been reading this thread and I am getting the feeling of mixed results from the members on here as to regards to the real benefits. Can I ask you why did you change from the itg induction kit back to stock oem bo
Well I've gone and done the thing... Noticeably increased noise and I want to say better response at higher RPM!

First impressions - I believe because I have the dual port Kompact BOV I only have minimal turbo flutter/dose when you let off halfway or are driving somewhere between sedately and hard out. Currently running my BOV around 60/40 recirc/atmosphere! My end goal here was to improve how the car breathes and I believe it has done that. I guess we will see what happens when summer comes around!

I have only driven around for an hour tonight but with the tunebox off in stock form it sounds great :cool: granted it was 12 degrees celsius... With the tunebox on the induction noise is certainly more noticeable.

Happy with this mod for now and will report back in a week or so - expensive but it's my Birthday next week and the tax man came to visit ;)

View attachment 8279 View attachment 8278
How do you find the IFX Induction kit are you still loving it would you recommend it, wonder how it compares to others

simmo777

I have been reading this thread and I am getting the feeling of mixed results from the members on here as to regards to the real benefits. Can I ask you why did you change from the itg induction kit back to stock oem bo

How do you find the IFX Induction kit are you still loving it would you recommend it, wonder how it compares to others
Hey mate, I am completely bias towards the IFX system. Nearly at 30,000km and love the instake. Honestly I haven't seen anything out there on the market that made me stop and think "damn I wish I waited". The induction noise is loud in N mode/custom but so highway is almost always normal mode unless someone comes along for a play.

Only have the butt dyno to go off and no control to another stock air box / competitors but the IFX unit seems great and I don't have anything bad to say about it. A bit expensive compared to the market maybe but no regrets so far and the recent 35-40 degree Celsius days here in QLD have not made any noticeable differences to oil or engine temps etc.

Last edited:

Corsa59

Can't be naffed reading 46 pages, so can anyone tell me if K and N have finally released their filter for the N?

I looked ages ago, and it was under development 12 months ago, I registered my interest on the Australian K and N page, but no reply so far...

Any news????

padigree

Staff member
Can't be naffed reading 46 pages, so can anyone tell me if K and N have finally released their filter for the N?

I looked ages ago, and it was under development 12 months ago, I registered my interest on the Australian K and N page, but no reply so far...

Any news????
So far on the official site of K&N only the Kabin air filter for ~42$ ( :eek: )

Who! Me.

Hey mate, I am completely bias towards the IFX system. Nearly at 30,000km and love the instake. Honestly I haven't seen anything out there on the market that made me stop and think "damn I wish I waited". The induction noise is loud in N mode/custom but so highway is almost always normal mode unless someone comes along for a play.

Only have the butt dyno to go off and no control to another stock air box / competitors but the IFX unit seems great and I don't have anything bad to say about it. A bit expensive compared to the market maybe but no regrets so far and the recent 35-40 degree Celsius days here in QLD have made any noticeable differences to oil or engine temps etc.
That’s fantastic news indeed glad you are pleased with your setup, tell me are you like us in the UK come warranty service do you have to remove your induction kit for the annual warranty service.

R Veloster N

Any news????
No not yet, I've talked to them in depth about it.

Who! Me.

I left the induction kit on for my 20,000km service and have been open and honest about my modifications to date.
I don’t know about the piper cross suppose I could ask them how would this affect warranty but then I am giving them the heads up I am thinking about it then they will assume I will fit it and take it off come service time then if anything g happens to the intake or components associated with it my warranty is out the window so maybe contact another Hyundai garage and ask them but I very much doubt my car would be 100% warranted with Hyundai as they are funny about these things.

So what they do not know does them no harm, more than likely nothing will ever happen either but it is just to keep my warranty intact that’s all. If anything did happen to the air intake components I would own up and tell them honestly but no need to do so if everything is working as intended no harm done if that makes sense.

Who! Me.

Hyundai said warranty is void if any modifications are made that changes the car from stock to aftermarket no matter the modification, and the area of the car that is connected to the modified part anything that fails as a result of that part causing other components to fail the warranty will be null and void, so install all these modifications at your own risk. Areas of that car that have not had modified parts fitted will still be under warranty it only affects the modified specific part that has been modified.

Hyundai said warranty is void if any modifications are made that changes the car from stock to aftermarket no matter the modification, and the area of the car that is connected to the modified part anything that fails as a result of that part causing other components to fail the warranty will be null and void, so install all these modifications at your own risk. Areas of that car that have not had modified parts fitted will still be under warranty it only affects the modified specific part that has been modified.
In Australia they have to prove the after market piece of equipment is the piece that caused damage. They are not allowed to just void warranty due to a mod here which is good. They also are not allowed to lock you in and say only a dealer can service the car. Part of our fair trade laws here where everyone is entitled to a piece of the pie.

This is simply wrong on so many levels.
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/track-day-warranty-country-overview.4584/

I did not know if you were stating what you were replying to my post by stating and I quote. (This is simply wrong on so many levels.)

I really don’t understand your thinking if you are saying I am wrong as the link you provided under WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS read section (4) read UNITED KINGDOM as it states defects arising out of the use of non-genuine parts.

So lets wind it back to what I wrote. You are saying what I wrote is so wrong on so many levels you can read what I wrote below quoted in brackets.

(Hyundai said warranty is void if any modifications are made that changes the car from stock to aftermarket no matter the modification, and the area of the car that is connected to the modified part anything that fails as a result of that part causing other components to fail the warranty will be null and void, so install all these modifications at your own risk. Areas of that car that have not had modified parts fitted will still be under warranty it only affects the modified specific part that has been modified.)

Surely then you have contradicted yourself when you wrote I was wrong on so many levels when section 4 states the exact same as to what I had written earlier. Or am I picking you up all wrong and If I am I apologise to you in advance. The induction Pipercross induction kit or any induction kit as that is what i was referring to and any other modification. Picture attached

I did not know if you were stating what you were replying to by stating and I quote. (This is simply wrong on so many levels.)

I really don’t understand your thinking if you are saying I am wrong as the link you provided under WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS read section (4) as it states defects arising out of the use of non-genuine parts.

So lets wind it back to what I wrote. You are saying what I wrote is so wrong on so many levels you can read what I wrote below quoted in brackets (Hyundai said warranty is void if any modifications are made that changes the car from stock to aftermarket no matter the modification, and the area of the car that is connected to the modified part anything that fails as a result of that part causing other components to fail the warranty will be null and void, so install all these modifications at your own risk. Areas of that car that have not had modified parts fitted will still be under warranty it only affects the modified specific part that has been modified.)

Surely then you have contradicted yourself when you wrote I was wrong on so many levels when section 4 states the exact same as to what I had written earlier. Or am I picking you up all wrong and If I am I apologise to you in advance.

Now I phoned Hyundai UK and I also asked them to confirm and they stated the modification and its associated parts will not be warranted but everything else will. Take for example because the brake callipers on our Hyundai’s are non-genuine part meaning they are aftermarket sourced from a 3rd party manufacturer on behalf of Hyuandi. I say again the brake callipers are not a genuine part so you would be able to fit whatever discs you like and if they caused damage to your brake callipers you would be covered as the brake callipers were sourced elsewhere and not specifically made by Hyundai do you get my meaning now about warrant will not affect parts that have not been modified only the modified part will be excluded from warranty. So I fit my induction kit and say the foam blows off the air filter and gets sucked inside of the engine and it causes the turbo to blow up well bang goes your warranty on the engine but that does not mean your warranty would be invalidated on say your front lights not working as they would warrant your headlights as the induction kit has no relevance to any other part of the car except the engine.

Anyway suppose you and I will neevr see eye to eye on this but anyway that is what was told to me by Hyuandi UK.

Warranty void.JPG

Sorry, but what your stating isn't the case for everywhere else. You're making blanket statement inclusive of everyone. It's simply not true.:)

Most owners, including myself are aware any modified part in Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty, will not be included or repaired. This is simply common academia. However, modifications are permitted and specified by Hyundai. Absolutely, no approved or otherwise aftermarket modification will be included in any warrantied repair. This includes anyone in any region.

There are a tons of direct references to Hyundai Track Warranties on the forum. Just do a search in the upper right hand search engine and you'll see for yourself. However, making blanket statements for every region, is not realistic or true.

You need to take the time to read all the regions. Quoting from only the UK warranty, is simply redundant and doesn't apply to everyone or every location, outside the UK. Anyone remotely interested has already read it, in the thread provided by @NULLOBANDITO in the above post #917.

https://www.airtecmotorsport.com/products/hyundai/i30n/

I believe IMO your time would have been far better served reading and understanding the Hyundai Assurance Track Warranty and what it allows and doesn't.:) As for the UK, it's what owners there specifically have to deal with.

All this is semantics. This has been discussed and covered, time and time again. No sense in "flogging a dead horse,"
or continuing to voice the same discussion over and over again.:) Let's get back on topic and the intention of the this particular thread. Directing the warranty discussions towards the other.

Last edited: