• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Doesn't rain for 7 months of the year here so gets very dusty. Rains almost daily for the other 5, I found mould and fungus in the filter of my previous car last year when servicing it...

Might make sense to have two filters and swap them out at your intended interval, cleaning the used filter after swapping and storing it away from the bios in the wet months.

I'm wondering if these factory 'pod'-like jobs in an enclosed airbox really filter that great? Mine looks mint after 3k + kms and panel filters in every other two and four wheeled vehicle I've owned are full of sh#t after that period. Or am I missing some valid technical point here?

No lol. Rather have it than stock though.
Thanks...I am aware that replacing an air filter is miles away of calling it a performance mod, but if you check their site, the promise of improvements is hilarious, but hey, what better way to check those claims than buying the damn thing or asking a client

@I30NKERS It's a fair point you make - some of the claims of increases in power of 5-10% even, are pretty crazy. Even 5%, so a 13bhp increase in horsepower for example!! From a simple panel/cone filter replacement?