• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N 2021 i30 N

Latest news on the Australian i30 N hatchback release saga:

The cars are starting to arrive at some dealerships today and tomorrow, but the cars can't be sold until next week.

Apparently dealers are waiting on a replacement part for the rear bumper that enables Australian number plates to be fitted properly.

Once again, the wait goes on! 🤡
 
  • Like
Reactions: Xcelr8 and Doomers
I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?
 
I am hopefully getting the n30 next week . I am getting it in shadow grey, the dealer is saying this is classed as a metallic paint at $495 I thought this was a standard colour?

Only Dark Knight and Phantom Black are metallic/mica paint options.

Either your dealer is confused or trying to squeeze another $495 out of you!

 
  • Like
Reactions: Bu11eT and Rich1610
Only Dark Knight and Phantom Black are metallic/mica paint options.

Either your dealer is confused or trying to squeeze another $495 out of you!

Thanks for that list. My dealer was telling me the performance blue was extra which it clearly is not.
 
Latest news on the Australian i30 N hatchback release saga:

The cars are starting to arrive at some dealerships today and tomorrow, but the cars can't be sold until next week.

Apparently dealers are waiting on a replacement part for the rear bumper that enables Australian number plates to be fitted properly.

Once again, the wait goes on! 🤡
Amazing that a couple of holes in the bumper could delay a launch...

😖
 
And I thought the dct was quicker than manual? Surely gear shifts are quicker though possibly this is offset by the extra dct weight?
From what it seems this specific track has quite some slow and middle speed corners, so weight plays huge role here. Take it to a different (faster) track and the difference will be way higher
 
And I thought the dct was quicker than manual? Surely gear shifts are quicker though possibly this is offset by the extra dct weight?

The track is fairly short and technical but I'd still have expected the facelift dct to have beat the pre facelift manual on the same track, needed really to have a facelift manual up against it
 
The new DCT will be faster than the manual, as you physically can't change gears quicker than a DCT.
I was pointing out a fact it was heavier nothing more...................... I don't care if its faster/slower, farts when you change gear etc
 
The track is fairly short and technical but I'd still have expected the facelift dct to have beat the pre facelift manual on the same track, needed really to have a facelift manual up against it

Can't really compare when they weren't run on the same day. Track state could be very different.
 
And I thought the dct was quicker than manual? Surely gear shifts are quicker though possibly this is offset by the extra dct weight?
Correct.
Old manual - 6.1
New manual - 5.9
DCT - 5.4

Though just slowly realising we may not be tackling about 0-100 times and I've come into the conversation without quick being on the same topic. :p