• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
It could also be the whole emission restriction as its quite high here in Australia. So maybe its tuned to rev hang more here? I wonder if anyone else in Australia has the same problem.
yeah i noticed that rev hang on start up when it doesn't drop and also 1st to 2nd was a bit jerky at the start...are all your other gear changes smooth? from australia too so we'll have the same model

i did notice it more so at the start of driving (also my first manual car so that doesn't help the smoothness) but once i gave it a bit more gas on 1st to 2nd when releasing the clutch at the bite point i got rid of that jerkyness

yeah i noticed that rev hang on start up when it doesn't drop and also 1st to 2nd was a bit jerky at the start...are all your other gear changes smooth? from australia too so we'll have the same model

i did notice it more so at the start of driving (also my first manual car so that doesn't help the smoothness) but once i gave it a bit more gas on 1st to 2nd when releasing the clutch at the bite point i got rid of that jerkyness
I have the same problem and i got the 1-2 5-6 Syncro changed. It didnt help with the change from 1st to 2nd though. You can feel the some kind of weird kick back from the gears like something is still moving in there and it wont go in smoothly. Dunno at this point what to do really. You can only go super slow the first Gear changes like granny.

Reactions: BoyRacerN
Cable Adjustment is needed to balance the engagement. Until you've had this done or have done it yourself, you continue to experience the issue.
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/issues-with-5th-6th-gear.131/
This ^ and the thread below are fairly indicative of the overall issue;

I have the same problem and i got the 1-2 5-6 Syncro changed. It didnt help with the change from 1st to 2nd though. You can feel the some kind of weird kick back from the gears like something is still moving in there and it wont go in smoothly. Dunno at this point what to do really. You can only go super slow the first Gear changes like granny.
not sure what the issue would be, now that my car is run in a bit (2100kms) the changes are smoother. although 1st to 2nd is still clunky? its even worse in n mode, i have to release the clutch so slow or else it jerks. i'm not sure if that's normal, but i was in my friends WRX STI and his was smooth as between 1st and 2nd

See VelosterN post above. My bet is the linkages are not adjusted correctly. If they’ve replaced the synchros and it’s still no good...the chances it’s yet another dud synchro...yeah nah. It’s the linkages poorly adjusted.

Wondering if anyone will be able to help, looking to get my car stage 2, already got the induction kit on the car, getting the intercooler and exhaust later this year but Im wondering if there are any recommended performance clutches that fit the car. ( 2017- hatchback )

Had car in at 2 local dealerships now about chattering noise, when idling sitting still it chatters then depress clutch it disappears, happens both when cold and hot, one dealer not interested and other one say characteristic of the car as they compared it to there demo, anyone else had this?

Reactions: KingofRome
Had car in at 2 local dealerships now about chattering noise, when idling sitting still it chatters then depress clutch it disappears, happens both when cold and hot, one dealer not interested and other one say characteristic of the car as they compared it to there demo, anyone else had this?
You may also be hearing the throw out bearing. Mine is also noisy especially after it sits for a day or two

Mine is totally silent. So it's not a characteristic.

Just had mine diagnosed with noisy throw out bearing, makes the noise in neutral and goes when pushing the clutch in. part has been ordered eta. 4 weeks. Mine isn't making a chattering noise, it sounds like a bearing that's on its way out. It's not causing any issues atm (apart from noise) but it will get worse till it's replaced.

The only chattering I hear is when moving at slower speeds (in to garage) with clutch loaded up and then pushing the pedal in quickly. The is a noise that can be heard from many manual cars.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
10000km on the clock of my fastback and I'm finding the 1-2 gear changes clunky as all hell in all settings except eco (when I am slow with the release). Not sure if I should mention at the next service interval.

After having my throwout bearing/assembly replaced the noise remains. Very annoying and more audible when the vehicle is hot. Sounds like a dry bearing spinning when in neutral & foot not on the clutch (like I said above).
Shitty part about this is the service guy said the other components are 'consumable'' and therefore NOT covered by warranty. The Flywheel, clutch & pressure plate are the other components I'm talking about. Would love to know if anyone has made a claim on these using the standard warranty or even the "Track Warranty". Which I'm thinking is nothing more than a sales line......

My car is 2 years old today with 63000 kilometres on it & has never been on a circuit track, had a drag strip visit when it 3months old & had around 10 thousand on it so a while ago now. Haven't used the launch control yet either, MAYBE one day just out of pure curiosity :)