• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Mando ECS10: I30N owners might be interested!

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US

A Mando ESC 10. Check with seller before you purchase. This the same seller who I originally got to sell the unit for the VN on eBay.

Last edited:
Confirmed and available now for the i30N;:D
s-l1600.jpg
IMG_0134.png

Last edited:
How does this actually work? Can you tune the current setup to always be more soft? Or do you have to startup the app everytime you get in the car to change shock settings? :)

The Mando ESC 10 Module has just about any option you wish to adjust with regards to the suspension settings. There are 3 primary settings and then 3 custom settings. The custom settings 1,2,3, allow you to program the specific settings you wish in three custom modes. whereas the OEM electronic suspension has about 60% capability the Mando ESC Module gives you nearly 100% usability. It provides you the capability of adjusting every aspect of the electronic, rebound, damping, rid front to rear suspension bias, etc.
How does this actually work?
By allowing the owner the ability to adjust the electronic suspension, thru a series of finite adjustments, that are not available thru the OEM drive mode selection. Actually does away with the need to change the suspension.
Can you tune the current setup to always be more soft?
Yes, the unit can set the suspension to be softer in each of the custom modes, which you program yourself.

If at any time you wish to return to the regular OEM setting modes, you are able to by shutting off the unit via the app or disconnecting power to the unit. The unit works flawlessly and is easy to setup and install.

IMG_0135.pngIMG_0136.pngIMG_0138.png
It will retain the same settings you have provided when you shut off the car.
IMG_0139.png
662s-rAvfkivF3u1qP3UM00TSj-TkSngXcb8nufZMtPOBajISGgrW0Gua3PS_TSFyDJx=w1920-h879-rw
screen-3.jpg
643x0w.jpg

This ^ is the original thread regarding it's first availability for the VN. This will give you nearly all the information you require without repeating the information.:)

Last edited:
Do you think it is worth it? As in, is it really noticeable? :)

Is there a detailed how to install? :)
Yes on both counts. It's a far better alternative for the real world of daily driving, then installing a complete set of performance dampers and springs. The module gives you full control over the suspension, where most cars today with an electronic suspension, do not.

With the N-Mode button, you have about 60% control over the suspension. With the Mando ECS 10 Module gives you nearly 100% of the available control function. So, it provides nearly have the non-available control you normally do not have. It's well thought out unit and modification. Also keep in mind, this is a Mando/Mobis jointly developed the product for various Hyundai and Genesis automobiles. So it won't void any portion suspension warranty. You don't have to get permission install or utilize it. :)

Here's the other kicker; You still retain full suspension control even after the dampers are replaced. There's no reinstallation of the unit required.

So let's see; $399.00 for the Mando ESC 10 Module vs $2K+ for an aftermarket performance suspension, (manually adjusted, dedicated and track oriented) for everyday driving? So which is the better option for the owner, who wants to upgrade the OEM suspension for both cost and effectiveness? I believe the choice is pretty obvious, don't you.🤔

Lastly, if it didn't work, I wouldn't be utilizing it. It would have been sold long ago.:)

Thanks @loafer-N77 for the assist.;)

Last edited:
The N's suspension is continuously changing though various sensors, whether you accelerate, brake or more importantly when you turn. I wouldn't mess with it. This oem electronic systems integration (e-dampers, e-diff, esp) work very well and it could be a thin line between work and failure by any means.

But do let us know when you install it.

The N's suspension is continuously changing though various sensors, whether you accelerate, brake or more importantly when you turn. I wouldn't mess with it. This oem electronic systems integration (e-dampers, e-diff, esp) work very well and it could be a thin line between work and failure by any means.

I agree - here's why I think this may just be genius:

Mando is the official Hyundai supplier in terms of suspension components. They should know the dampers better than anyone else on the planet. And the different setup maps are not purely custom. You still get the three "Mando-improved" stock modes (comfort, sport, sport+) and three additional fully customizable modes.
And last but not least. If it doesn't work, I'll just unplug it and am back to the stock modes again

Ordered the kit. :)

How can I put the app in English :p
Download it from this link;

It enhances the sensor inputs and allows you to make the finite adjustments needed for far better response overall.

I hope you all get as much of a kick out of it as I have! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bu11eT
Phone setting possibly. I don't know I haven't tried to download from another country store. Let me see if I can. Did you try from you're countries store?

Yes downloaded through regular play store and with your link. Both are fully Korean. I think I can use it even it's Korean, but English would be a bit easier hehe! :)

Yes downloaded through regular play store and with your link. Both are fully Korean. I think I can use it even it's Korean, but English would be a bit easier hehe! :)

I have the android version of the app. Unfortunaly there is no language button anywhere to be found inside the app.
But if your android OS is in english, the app will be aswell. If you system language is in another language, which is not supported by the app, it seems it defaults back to korean. Maybe check if there is some kind of emulator-app which tells the Mando app to start in english?

Reactions: R Veloster N