• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Mando Module to tune Veloster N Suspension Computer

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Mando, the maker of Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Electronic suspension parts has a module that allows you to tune the stock ECS Computer.

You can use their preset modes or make your own custom modes with your own damping characteristics.
The module is plug and play. You control it via Bluetooth on your phone.
The app in the google play store is called “Mando SDC ECS10” you can download it and take a look.

The module cost about $350 USD.

Only problem is I don’t speak Korean, so it’s hard to get the module or find a supplier for it.
It’s already available, just have to figure out how to get it in the USA...

Take a look https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=wjs30806&logNo=221621660879

It’s all in Korean, so open the link with Google Chrome and use the translate button to read it.

Seems like a good solution to tuning Hyundai’s less than optimal suspension settings.

0B4E4521-ECA6-4897-A230-55418F31D43D.jpegE5B84EA6-0DCC-4996-B07A-65A9F90608C0.jpeg4399E963-38B4-412E-9C29-5B14B8A1E8E4.jpeg5E8DC732-37C8-42CB-9DFF-18966A98B219.jpegE6C6A692-E853-443F-BB62-091A19C5AD37.jpeg592E1FDC-0471-435A-B057-475373C7E27B.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Here’s a translation from the website...

Work Model: Veloster N

Working content: Mando ECS10 suspension tuning module
(Only vehicles with genuine ECS suspension applied)

Work models: K9, Stinger, Genesis G70, Genesis G80, Veloster N, etc.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------
010-8665-6252

Hi!

I'm Sanbon Style.

Posted a few days ago ... I'm going to introduce a hot item that is inquiries. After hearing rumors, another Veloster N vehicle was put on.

I'll explain what you do gradually ^^

From now on, I will introduce a very hot item.

Equipped with the ECS10 suspension tuning module developed by Mando on vehicles equipped with genuine variable dampers (ECS) of Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors, development and testing of products that can be set up more comfortably and firmly are completed. I did it.

That product is the Mando ECS Tuning Module.

If you have a few dozens of inquiries today, how do you feel clearly or how is the difference between the original suspension damper pressure and the genuine suspension?

What is the Mando ECS Tuning Module?

Equipped with the ECS10 module in a vehicle equipped with a genuinely variable damper, the damping pressure (damper pressure), which can be used only by 60% of the original suspension, can be set up to 100%, and it can be set according to taste. It works by automatically detecting the left / right damping pressure and actively controlling it.

Naturally, driving is stable and sporty driving is possible.

Highway driving, slalom, and circuit testing have already been completed.
How to operate is a way to download the application to the mobile phone directly applied with one touch.

There is no damage of the original suspension, and even if you check the vehicle data with OBD, there is no fault value and there is no warranty problem.
Don't worry because it's a check.

For an understanding of how it works, I'll attach a description of the most advanced Porsche vehicle option, PASM.

Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

The optional Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) is an electronic damping system that adjusts the damping force according to road conditions and driving style.
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) is divided into two modes. 'Normal', which combines performance and comfort, and 'Sport' mode, which is much more robust.
This has resulted in very visible results, including improved driving stability and improved performance and comfort.

Installation is a jack-by-jack type and can be done without modification.

Please refer to the appearance that the ECS10 module is neatly installed.

You can download the program to your Android phone application and customize the settings to your phone.

It reacts immediately at the application reaction speed and the ride comfort is large. Again, it is impossible to compare with pure.

Veloster N has a hard ride with basic settings
There are many people who complain of being uncomfortable because the ride is too popping when I press the N button and listen to popcorn every day.

Now only worry about the ECS10 module equipped! It's so comfortable to ride while listening to popcorn.

The installation time is approximately 30 minutes. If you have any questions, please contact us by wire!

The ECS10 is highly recommended even for a comfortable, sometimes rock-solid, active tuning suspension module.

Thank you ^^

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Well it's in the iPhone App store;

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mando-sdc-ecs10/id1473901855

So far it's not readily available online. They are part of HALLA MEISTER. I've done a pretty thorough search and only come up with this so far.

I've contacted HALLA MEISTER and MANDO directly with a purchase inquiry. I'll let you know if I get any feedback right here.

Last edited:

LateralGrip

May 23, 2019
United States
My experience with adjusting magnetic suspension, uh yeah. Its not so good on newer platforms. On Corvette and Porsche's the technology and track data is available and has proven beneficial in feel and track times. On the GT350 platform many were early adopters and shortly there after selling the controller. Now their are DSC controllers for the GT350 and R tuned by shops like CorteX msrp $1500!!! What I am saying is, unless you have the means to properly test and gather data to determine adjustments instead of feel alone, you will probably make a mess of it.
Interesting...

LateralGrip

May 23, 2019
United States
Most Koreans are taught english in school. Send them an email. I did so with a supplier for the O.Z. N wheels in Germany. I ended up not purchasing them due to the cost.
Mando, the maker of Hyundai/Kia/Genesis Electronic suspension parts has a module that allows you to tune the stock ECS Computer.

You can use their preset modes or make your own custom modes with your own damping characteristics.
The module is plug and play. You control it via Bluetooth on your phone.
The app in the google play store is called “Mando SDC ECS10” you can download it and take a look.

The module cost about $350 USD.

Only problem is I don’t speak Korean, so it’s hard to get the module or find a supplier for it.
It’s already available, just have to figure out how to get it in the USA...

Take a look https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=wjs30806&logNo=221621660879

It’s all in Korean, so open the link with Google Chrome and use the translate button to read it.

Seems like a good solution to tuning Hyundai’s less than optimal suspension settings.

View attachment 8800View attachment 8802View attachment 8804View attachment 8806View attachment 8808View attachment 8809

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
My experience with adjusting magnetic suspension, uh yeah. Its not so good on newer platforms. On Corvette and Porsche's the technology and track data is available and has proven beneficial in feel and track times. On the GT350 platform many were early adopters and shortly there after selling the controller. Now their are DSC controllers for the GT350 and R tuned by shops like CorteX msrp $1500!!! What I am saying is, unless you have the means to properly test and gather data to determine adjustments instead of feel alone, you will probably make a mess of it.
For those who want to adjust feel (or performance) on their own, there are custom settings that you can tailor to your liking (or disliking, if you get wrong).

Mando has also provided retuned preset Normal and N modes to boost refinement, handling, or both.

As they are the OEM supplier for Hyundai and have the benefit of that exposure/data/testing, I would hope they are in a better position to offer some decent settings than the aftermarket does on those applications you mention.

Time will tell...

Additionally, there are many reasons to modify the shock tuning.
Some will want faster lap times.
Some will want more civilized ride quality.
Some will desire a better ride and handling compromise.

It’s not likely that the tuning will satisfy everyone, but it will surely be just what some desire.

What’s more, is it will allow users to tailor their suspension to aftermarket springs, sways, etc...

Pretty nifty. Some people will definitely get the tuning wrong, but this is a great tool for those who are actually know what they are doing.

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Well it's in the iPhone App store;

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mando-sdc-ecs10/id1473901855

So far it's not readily available online. They are part of HALLA MEISTER. I've done a pretty thorough search and only come up with this so far.

I've contacted HALLA MEISTER and MANDO directly with a purchase inquiries. I'll let you know if I get any feedback right here.
Thanks bro, I am doing the same. I’ll share my results here.

LateralGrip

May 23, 2019
United States
I will say that the app format looks much more user friendly. Hope it works out for the community.

For those who want to adjust feel (or performance) on their own, there are custom settings that you can tailor to your liking (or disliking, if you get wrong).

Mando has also provided retuned preset Normal and N modes to boost refinement, handling, or both.

As they are the OEM supplier for Hyundai and have the benefit of that exposure/data/testing, I would hope they are in a better position to offer some decent settings than the aftermarket does on those applications you mention.

Time will tell...

Additionally, there are many reasons to modify the shock tuning.
Some will want faster lap times.
Some will want more civilized ride quality.
Some will desire a better ride and handling compromise.

It’s not likely that the tuning will satisfy everyone, but it will surely be just what some desire.

What’s more, is it will allow users to tailor their suspension to aftermarket springs, sways, etc...

Pretty nifty. Some people will definitely get the tuning wrong, but this is a great tool for those who are actually know what they are doing.

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Incredible find @Thakid22 , I was hoping something like this would come available. My wife is Korean, I'll see if we can get in contact with them.
I’ve got some phone numbers from Korean speed shops that claim to have the product.
The Sanbon Style site never answers the phone. Just voicemail.
The shops that do answer the phone just hang up when I start speaking English.

I’ll find those numbers again, post them here, and maybe you and your wife can make better progress than I.

RameusJH

Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Thanks. We have reached out to a couple already as well and managed to make contact. I don't want to say much yet because I don't want to get any hopes up without firm details. So far the shops are responsive but need to check into things to be sure on their end.

In the last image you posted, the horizontal axis shows speed (속도) and the vertical axis shows intensity (강도). It looks like the sliders allow adjusting "intensity" (in %) at a selected speed. There are also two tabs "Ride" and "Handling". I'm speculating, but this leads me to believe that low and high speed damping can be adjusted separately (though no absolute scale is shown, so who knows to what extent).

I'll see if I can get more technical details as well, but again, I don't want to get any hopes up.

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Thanks. We have reached out to a couple already as well and managed to make contact. I don't want to say much yet because I don't want to get any hopes up without firm details. So far the shops are responsive but need to check into things to be sure on their end.

In the last image you posted, the horizontal axis shows speed (속도) and the vertical axis shows intensity (강도). It looks like the sliders allow adjusting "intensity" (in %) at a selected speed. There are also two tabs "Ride" and "Handling". I'm speculating, but this leads me to believe that low and high speed damping can be adjusted separately (though no absolute scale is shown, so who knows to what extent).

I'll see if I can get more technical details as well, but again, I don't want to get any hopes up.
That last image shows that you can set the damper stiffness to be firmer or softer at given speed points. The area between those points are automatically calculated to be linear in rate of increase or decrease of firmness.

I too, am baffled by the separation of ride and handling in the advanced tab.
My BMW 535i used similar shocks that had two electronic valves on them. One for compression, another for rebound. But the Hyundai shocks have only one electronic valve. I am assuming it controls rebound. But perhaps, that one electronic motor/valve adjusts rebound and compression simultaneously...
The ECS Computer knows whether the shock is extending or compressing at any given moment. The shock can only do one at a time, rebound or compress. Maybe the one motor/valve per shock is sufficient (but not ideal, like the 535i dual motor setup) to control rebound and compression, by making adjustments timed with the damper movement.

I mention this because this would allow the shock to both affect ride and handling adjustments. Compression has a huge effect on ride quality. Rebound changes the handling a lot. I would like more accurate descriptions of what ride and handling refer to on those screens. I think that’s dumbed down a bit too much. You are correct, labels like high/low speed compression and high/low speed rebound would be more descriptive.

In any event, a few moments of adjustment and a couple trips around the block with the tuner installed will quickly reveal what is being adjusted with each slider.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Last edited:

RameusJH

Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Thanks! We have been in contact with Brecks Garage and Sanbon Style.

So far they have mentioned that sending large quantities may be difficult due to North American standards on electronic products. Again, still waiting to hear firm details and I don't want to set any expectations prematurely.

With regards to how the module enables adjustment, it looks to me that the Ride and Handling tabs enable adjustment of damping for high speed bumps (Ride) and low speed bumps (Handling) separately. I believe that fundamentally, comfort is more a function of damping ratio for high speed bumps, and handling is more a function of damping ratio for low speed bumps, regardless of compression or rebound direction. Like you said, the shock only moves one way at a time. If the valve can react quickly enough, you only need one valve to achieve the target damping in both compression and rebound cases.

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Nothing yet from HALLA or MANDO inquiries. A little early but hoping.

This is the company selling the unit; http://brecks.co.kr/

http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailList.nhn?blogId=brecksgarage&from=postList&categoryNo=6

brecks.garage@gmail.com

705-12-00660 phone

Sent an email off to them for a possible purchase.

http://blog.naver.com/OpenMagazineV...4644&categoryNo=6&parentCategoryNo=&viewDate=
Ugh. Brecks informed me that Mando doesn’t want them to sell the tuner outside of Korea. They don’t want to ship it to the USA. The representative said he will check with Mando to see what can be done.

We’ll see.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Carl from Brecks contacted me and stated;

8:09 AM (4 hours ago)

Hi XXXX

thanks to contact to me.
Mando ECS10 is just launched in this week. so, we don't make regulation not yet of international selling.

I'll send email to you If we sell ECS10 to other country

best regards
Carl