• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Next geN wishlist

I would leave power alone as being top of the regular hot hatches is where I like it, if I want more I'll buy these "hyper hatches" (RS, Type R, Golf R) I don't think the intention is the fastest hatch there.

Things I would like
1) LED's
2)- The seats - while very comfortable they look a bit meh, check the ones in the GTI clubsport I love those
3)- maybe more cabin storage, an extra pocket or 2
4)- ECO mode that is eco
5)- Interior in general - just a few more N touches but this is a minor gripe, like footwell lighting or perhaps dash trim. The car in general has a theater about it that maybe the interior lacks. I would like infotainment system to go all red or maybe my dials go all red when that mode engaged.

Overall what a car and warranty. Like the piece of mind you get from a performance car. well done hyundai.

Simple question.

Knowing what you know now, what would you like to see on the next generation of i30N?

For me, I'd like to see:
1. An ECO mode that will actually make a decent MPG or L/100km
2. Flappy paddle gearbox (which I believe is in development)
A car that doesnt revert back to normal mode every fricking time I shut it off.This is my only complaint so far with my VN

MUST:
1-AWD
2- Between 300/350hp
3- Less weight
OPTIONAL
4- more distintive interior
5- better sound system options
6- Rims options
7- A bit more agressive look , not type-r like, just a bit more aero component
8- digital cockpit
With the first 3 cover I am all in. Optional would be nice though

MUST:
1-AWD
2- Between 300/350hp
3- Less weight
OPTIONAL
4- more distintive interior
5- better sound system options
6- Rims options
7- A bit more agressive look , not type-r like, just a bit more aero component
8- digital cockpit
With the first 3 cover I am all in. Optional would be nice though

Good list.. but your probably looking at Golf R money with all that, I definitely agree on less weight, maybe Hyundai need two versions to cover all bases, a FWD and a more powerful AWD..

Simple question.

Knowing what you know now, what would you like to see on the next generation of i30N?

For me, I'd like to see:
1. An ECO mode that will actually make a decent MPG or L/100km
2. Flappy paddle gearbox (which I believe is in development)
Increased BHP- 300+ with AWD would be very welcoming.

Lighter ( to Improve performance and fuel consumption)
An optional suspension softer ride mode (keep the wife happy)
Roll away boot cover (right to left not front to back)
Better seats(but still heated) and steering wheel (like the i30N options)
Maybe a bit more leg room in the back if possible
Not sure if it needs a bigger rear spoiler?
and of course no price increase:)
If money was no object a 4wd version too

GIB SEQUENTIAL GEARBOX AS OPTION/AFTERMARKET PLS

Reactions: Mr.Gobsy
I have just read all the posts.

Nearly everyone wants a lighter i30N, but then asks for it to be AWD (4wd will add weight, so even if they made every panel on the car lighter, it would still end up being heavier).

A RWD option would be far more fun, and make the car WAY more unique and they can keep the weight and cost down too.

And lets face it, it's not as if Biermann doesn't know how to make a RWD car handle well is it.

More wheels options,not fan od 19inch design. Put on some nice 18inch and as option 19 inch. Just hate how everyone are pushing with huge wheels,what for?

Softer ride in mode that says car is softer.

LED interior and licence plate lights.

Less weight,much more less weight,and there is no need for more power,because I think 275hp on front wheels is enough(ok there is never enough power but you all know what I meant).

HUD as an option because that's so cheap today. Look at Megane RS nobody needs HUD in front windshield like BMW,Merc. or Audi(to expensive).

I think there is no need for AWD because if you don't touch anything else and only put AWD price will increase alot.

Maybe better interior trim,bit more expensive specially around buttons for windows etc. I bet interior would look much more expensive if they put eco leather all over dash and put like some stitching in white/red/blue/.

All the problems?
It may seem like there are numerous problems on this forum but that's because they are all concentrated in a small area of the internet.
It's a new car. A compete new model. There's always going to be teething problems. It's a certainty.
As above says, early cars will be a year old in January and nearly all of these will be trouble free!
Go buy a vw or Audi with all your extras that you need and tell me you'll get change from 35 to 40k. The price of the Hyundai is perfect for what it is! Everything extra on the others will add cost!
Any car will lose value! If your concerned about that then you'll never buy anything.
I think you'll be surprised at how much they are worth in 3 to 5 years. It's not as though the market is going to be saturated with them like golfs, Leons and audis.
I couldn't care less about future value. I'm enjoying the car for what it is and driving it like any car should be.
Agreed!, I’m a huge golf fan, but you just can’t justify their prices these days, plus my last golf (mk5) gave me so many hideously expensive problems in my 5 years of ownership I was very reluctant to buy a nearly new used one again, I hope Hyundai improve on what they have but tbh it’s 98% there for me, awesome cars

Reactions: GazmaN
Oh and I forgot to add better range on dipped lights.

Reactions: Mr.Gobsy