• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Today: Cleaning and coating day. The weather is beautiful, it's warm and it's sunday. Best time for a nice handwash. Cleaned the car 3 times completely and coated it with sonax protect & shine. Thought about a coating with my soft99 fusso, but this would be an endless Story ;)

Some pics of that clean beauty :)
2019-02-17__14.33.28-1008x567.jpeg
IMG_20190217_120622-01-1008x1792.jpeg
IMG_20190217_140332-01-1008x1792.jpeg
IMG_20190217_140345-01-1008x1792.jpeg
IMG_20190217_133649-01-1008x567.jpeg

I'm really happy with the results. I think it's the first time I see my car THAT clean. Beading & Sheeting looks awesome. Never thought it will be that easy! :)
 
You mind sharing how you cleaned it? Or more like where? Did you clean it at a diy-wash or at home?
Looks great though ;)
Since our DIY wash is 7km away, I make it with ph neutral snow foam and rainwater under our carport. I simply do not have the time and the opportunity to clean my car in a diy wash. On the way there is a gravel and some exits from a field, on which always stones, staim, mud and dirt lie. So when I clean my car there, it's dirty until I get home. :/
 
First rain for the last 10 days. First rain for my coating too. Pollen had settled on my car, which have now been washed away by the rain. My car is shiNy again :)

IMG_20190222_120404-01-2016x1134.jpeg
I like these drops.

IMG_20190222_120337-01-2016x1134.jpeg
And these on my bonnet and windshield.

IMG_20190222_120342-01-2016x1134.jpeg
These are my favourite ones, because they make my car clean again :D

I'm glad I've done this work last week. Definetly worth every second.
 
Short german Tutorial about How to install the bonnet lifters. Thats the way I've done it, there are a few other different ways to do that..


Hi Pagigree, could you please let me know where you got the lifters from? And they come in kit including fittings
Thanks Maurice
 
Hi Padigree, how thick are the Speaker Adapter rings and how much "Depth" is available with them ? Did you have to Dremel the door covers?
 
Yessss sir. A big tower of packages was waiting at home.

IMG_20190306_162053-01-1612x907.jpeg
- Microfiber dry towels
- Waffle cloths (for windows)
- Cleaning dough
- Lubricant (for the dough:D)
- Detergent for the microfibre cloths
- Gruppenzwang flexpipe
- Diagnostic Interface with Hyundai License

Some closer looks:

IMG_20190306_162337-01-907x1612.jpeg

IMG_20190306_162422-01-1612x907.jpeg

IMG_20190306_162447-01-1612x907.jpeg

IMG_20190306_172553-01-1612x907.jpeg

I Love these quality handmade things. Hope to get this installed soon. Really nice work!
 
Hello again. :D
Today was flexpipe day :) I think it's an easy job, if these nuts aren't that rusty. Some pics:

2019-03-13__17.21.46-01-1612x906.jpeg

IMG_20190313_162637-01-907x1612.jpeg
Left side OEM, the right one is the aftermarket stainless steel one from my post above.

IMG_20190313_164633-01-1612x907.jpeg
For a better workspace, I removed the middle part of the exhaust, simply 2 screws and one of these annoying exhaust hangs.

IMG_20190313_165053-01-1612x907.jpeg
After the flexpipe would fit, put the nuts back on. Now the middle part of the exhaust, a short check and finally done.

Took about 45mins all in all.

Detailed Feedback and sound later.
 
Todays work: Sound Generator.

Since I always had problems with the sound generator, I wanted to remove it completely this time.

I was disturbed by the syntethic sound and the vibrations. Now it is pleasantly quiet in the interior and you really hear only the exhaust. The car sounds now much "clearer" from the inside (and not so "broken")

IMG_20190314_082956-01.jpeg
Removed everything like I did for the windshield noise fix. I think it should be possible, if you just remove the plastic cover.

IMG_20190314_082933-01.jpeg
Generator Front

IMG_20190314_082937-01.jpeg
Generator Rearview.

PicsArt_03-14-09.25.15.jpg
Spectator


How it was sometimes before: (bad quality, video out of my sent whatsapp videos)


I made a Video / HowTo / Tutorial with parts of the Windshield-Noise-Fix, simply skip a bit if you already know how it works ;)