• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Radio Engineer Mode / Android

So, the whole process also works for my car, and I think I'll have a closer look to that this weekend ;)

I missed these small things playin' @ my car.

Older firmware, newer firmwar not work. Thats why i said @Dariofil i take a map for itt, to not brick the device. Because its an expert thing, at the moment. But i think you not read it, only post it... Sry thats why in this case, not take this methoad to unpack.

I wasnt going to repeat what you already said.
Caution should be exercised. Common sense should be used.

I only used the COPY TO USB option and that was enough to frEak me out.

So please, let us know how you open the IMG files?

Reactions: jeroenvde

Have you tried winrar? Not sure since I don't have the dump files but I remember from my old android phone I could recover photos from an old backup with winrar.

Open image files need tehcnical studying. This is a fully SQL databes. Hard to say this. Special programs and a lot of things to reverse engineering. And if you can open, it's not a save&upload back thing. Build verse needed to be change up, generate checksum for this etc etc. Its very hard to tell.
I try to find things, to can be modify and work, to tell peapole, or upload modyfied databases for function activating etc. But i need a lot of work for this. Yesterday night i find some settings, to enable 3rd party apps, but at the moment it's not work. Uploaded successfully but can't use because you can't start it, because the system protected fully. I need to be find the way, to open this,because all of the setting modification is turned back when i upload. And lot of things have only STRING-s so not a calibrated equal. It's get back infos from the ECU (i found, the suspension settings from N-Mode database), but at the moment if i able to change, only what can you default change on the screen so it's not an upgrade thing for us,because you can change it know on the screen. The N-modus suspension settings i think saved for the Unit's firmware, for the Modus. If we can able to have a diagnostic module what can access to the ECU-s firmware settings, maybe it's able to change these functions. So at the moment i need time to figure out how can change anything, or anything what would be work, on this system, because equal changes, take a bootloop to the Unit, so somewhere is burned the default configuration in the Andorid system, or the Multimedia module, because it's connected to CAN-BUS, and maybe other Unit's also, or the System also working with other parameters too, to comprimise the settings.

Open image files need tehcnical studying. This is a fully SQL databes. Hard to say this. Special programs and a lot of things to reverse engineering. And if you can open, it's not a save&upload back thing. Build verse needed to be change up, generate checksum for this etc etc. Its very hard to tell.
I try to find things, to can be modify and work, to tell peapole, or upload modyfied databases for function activating etc. But i need a lot of work for this. Yesterday night i find some settings, to enable 3rd party apps, but at the moment it's not work. Uploaded successfully but can't use because you can't start it, because the system protected fully. I need to be find the way, to open this,because all of the setting modification is turned back when i upload. And lot of things have only STRING-s so not a calibrated equal. It's get back infos from the ECU (i found, the suspension settings from N-Mode database), but at the moment if i able to change, only what can you default change on the screen so it's not an upgrade thing for us,because you can change it know on the screen. The N-modus suspension settings i think saved for the Unit's firmware, for the Modus. If we can able to have a diagnostic module what can access to the ECU-s firmware settings, maybe it's able to change these functions. So at the moment i need time to figure out how can change anything, or anything what would be work, on this system, because equal changes, take a bootloop to the Unit, so somewhere is burned the default configuration in the Andorid system, or the Multimedia module, because it's connected to CAN-BUS, and maybe other Unit's also, or the System also working with other parameters too, to comprimise the settings.

I understand all that. Its readonly i get it.

I will try to load then IMG file into SQL so i can read it.

Dont know why you dont want to say which program you used!?

Reactions: 1FastStagea
Thanks for letting us know, I will watching this to see what can be done with the head unit. :)

Very simple. If you brick your Unit, or needed to be go back to the dealer for repair, Hyundai make this a ticket for the factory, and give changes in the firmware, and have a harder work to make changes. Sorry, i'm not want to disapoint you, but if you don't know how to unpack an android database file, you don't know about the android system's dangerous things and etc. I'm want to make a safe way to evrey member, to make changes the safest way.

Reactions: spice
To open IMG files;

1. Convert the file with "SGS2TOEXT4.jar" ("java.exe -jar sgs2toext4.jar")
2. Mount the file in a LinuxEXT4 reader (if using windows)
3. Copy all files to a folder
4. Use DB Browser for SQL Lite to read the DB files.

You sure that you did the 5 taps on the left, 1 on the right of the system update button?

Yes I am sure.
But later I've tried 5 left taps and 2 right taps and it worked!!
Maybe I was tapping in the wrong place so it registered only one right tap, I don't know.
Will try to reproduce it today and let you know.

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Got my files too and try to play arround a bit. Hope there is something like Boot from usb if bricked or corrupted data, otherwise ill finish my work at this point. I really dont want to let hyundai change my headunit, because I need my car and I dont wanna have any scratches or lost screws in my car.. :)

BTW, the ignition should be tapped twice, otherwise the headunit could shut down after a while. I think this wouldn't be that healty if you copy and replace System data. (idk if it will do in this Mode, but it will definetly if you use your unit the normal way.)

Reactions: Semir333
+1 padigree

Thats why i said wait for safe way, but my mouth nothing to be for some member, and link some infos etc, for many peapole to try out dangerous things. With this way only what can we earn to Hyundai make harder the security, and peapole brick their Units.

Reactions: hrr_t and padigree
+1 padigree

Thats why i said wait for safe way, but my mouth nothing to be for some member, and link some infos etc, for many peapole to try out dangerous things. With this way only what can we earn to Hyundai make harder the security, and peapole brick their Units.
That's why I will only post finished results. Also it's really not that good to publish these things of copying files and entering these modes on Youtube. People will try it without any bad thought and after they can't use their cars for a while. Also I hope for these people that the unit will not make some logs while entering and changing hidden menue settings, so they could pay for the unit because it's not covered by cars warranty.

Reactions: Semir333