• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
When I started looking into this car, I too was expecting it to be full LED, first sad face was about the taillights and second about the interior.

Even if it was an extra option for 500+ quid, I don't think there would be a single person that wouldn't tick that box. :rolleyes:

When I started looking into this car, I too was expecting it to be full LED, first sad face was about the taillights and second about the interior.

Even if it was an extra option for 500+ quid, I don't think there would be a single person that wouldn't tick that box. :rolleyes:
Thought about the same a few days ago. The car is nearly full led.. Idk why they dont add this Feature in my19 or the N Option car...

Reactions: Stash-N
LOL I'd easily be that guy not spending 500+ quid for a handful of minor led bulbs :)
I agree there could be some more optionals on the car, especially those that are manufactured anyway.

LOL I'd easily be that guy not spending 500+ quid for a handful of minor led bulbs :)
I agree there could be some more optionals on the car, especially those that are manufactured anyway.
But what would you do with the pano option? There's already a LED chip, but in the wrong temp. I think there are many people who are scared to replace the bulbs with Leds. Also i think there are many people who won't do a custom solution ( maybe solder another led chip or use standard leds with another connector) for the pano lighting. It's a bit like people changing LEDs from the dashboard / Speedo / .. Some do and some would if they could I think..

but you should also remember that the aftermarket solutions (at least turn signals / license plate lights / reversing / rear fog light) if you take it exactly are not legal.

But to be honest, I also wouldn't spend that much.

But what would you do with the pano option? There's already a LED chip, but in the wrong temp. I think there are many people who are scared to replace the bulbs with Leds. Also i think there are many people who won't do a custom solution ( maybe solder another led chip or use standard leds with another connector) for the pano lighting. It's a bit like people changing LEDs from the dashboard / Speedo / .. Some do and some would if they could I think..

but you should also remember that the aftermarket solutions (at least turn signals / license plate lights / reversing / rear fog light) if you take it exactly are not legal.

But to be honest, I also wouldn't spend that much.
I am aware they're not certified and I get all that, and sure if someone asked what would I prefer fitted I'd go with leds, I guess I just don't care that much to board the led train at all costs... there are leds when it matters most for me. but it's always better to have the option, obviously some people would go for it ;)

Reactions: padigree
I use the 4000K from Hypercolor. They are white and neutral. The original leds in the rear seat of pano cars are LEDs. They are weaker/smaller and a little warmer in K. Nothing I really would worry about at all.

I personally see no need to change the outside lightbulbs. Afraid to mess to mucgh with them and get in trouble. They are according to approved spec.

I think rear camera works just well enough with original reverse lights even in total dark.

I wouldn't pay that much for interior LED lights, but for the tail lights I would. :rolleyes:

Reactions: padigree
I wouldn't pay that much for interior LED lights, but for the tail lights I would. :rolleyes:
The tail lights are LED already ;)
500+ quid still sounds ridiculously steep to me for indicators, reverse and fog lights, but you know, each to their own, would be nice to at least have the option.

Did the original bulbs have a fade in and fade out effect? In other words when you unlocked or opened the door and triggered the light did they gradually reach full power, and the reverse (gradually change from full power to dark) when you lock the car?

I would imagine the LEDs aren't capable of that...
Excellent instructions. Very easy to fallow. Thank you.

One of the Canbus Rear indicator LED’s is faulty. Warning triangle came on the dash and it tells you exactly what bulb is faulty.

These have been in the car since March so not great in terms of reliability (can’t say I’ve EVER had to replace an indicator bulb before) but hey ho.

The bulb isn’t completely dead btw, just dimmer and it sounds (as in ‘audible’)like the Hyperflash issue now. Anyway, new one ordered.

Wow I've already read the failures more often now from Classic Car. I'm really looking forward to my delivery this week arrives. :rolleyes:
My next leds are coming back from aliexpress again for sure..

Bought some replacement lights from Classic Car LEDs the other day and just arrived today.

EBEA5-D63-E387-428-E-A4-CA-17-AA5-FC51-C3-F.jpg

Indicators & Reverse lights swapped out for LEDs.

7696-A48-E-0104-43-D8-8807-013-E8-D3-B494-A.jpg

83-EC28-E7-342-E-429-F-B0-E2-1972-FA7-AA9-D6.jpg

Photos don’t do them justice. They are very bright even in daylight! Swapped those on the right for comparison. I can’t believe how yellow the stock reverse bulb looks (doesn’t come across that well in the photo). The LED is bright white (no blue tones).

55-DF7-BB5-189-C-430-C-BA42-9-FFD09-AFB8-A3.jpg

3777602-B-F02-A-4-F01-B72-E-1754634208-F3.jpg

I ordered the wrong Rear Fog lights though. Has anybody changed theirs?

Indicators (1500 Lumen) - https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/co...icator-bulbsno-hyperflash-bau15s-py21w-glb581

Reverse - https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/pr...everse-stop-brake-light?variant=8299354128479

Last edited:
So my replacement LED still hasn’t arrived and guess what......the other one is faulty now too.

I’ll need to contact Classic Cars as I’m not paying £24 every 6 months for bulbs.

Think I’ll just put the standard bulbs back in for now.

Reactions: heast