• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

What did you do to your N today ?

Today I treated my N to a Forge short shifter. Let me tell you its night and day difference! the shifts are much firmer and feel perfect no more mushy feeling! I kept the factory gate linkage because I liked the amount of throw, but I put the gear throw setting to about 7/8th of the full adjustment and its amazing. forge recommends putting it 1/2 way but I think that is still too long 7/8 or full imo is the only way to go. I made a before and after video to show the differences. next up is a Powerflex Purple engine mount bushing to get rid of the axle hop and make the shifts feel even better!

Before: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TNhRHRHz1SSMUs2s9

After: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ANDspsmyXMM2N37h9

Also, I found a used cigarette butt in between the linkages when I got to them! I guess some dude on the assembly line fancied a smoke šŸ˜‚ . I see it as a good sign, at least they were relaxed while putting my car together rather than craving a cig.

KoalaKiller

Ok so we collected our N performance blue on the 1st of March.
So far I have fitted tinted number plates, rally mud flaps, debadged the rear, fitted black Hyundai badges, wind deflectors, red valve caps, racechip.
I am waiting from my air filter and red side skirts to come

Mightymoo

Ok so we collected our N performance blue on the 1st of March.
So far I have fitted tinted number plates, rally mud flaps, debadged the rear, fitted black Hyundai badges, wind deflectors, red valve caps, racechip.
I am waiting from my air filter and red side skirts to come
Pictures please ;)

R Veloster N

RIEGER HYUNDAI I30N SIDE SKIRT EXTENSIONS
Possibly

POTN;

OR

With red stripe possibly.

BeNNN

Had a fantastic drive with the windows down. N Custom mode, hills to the side of me, second, third and fourth on rotation up my favourite hill..... It was a lovely, semi wet drive FULL of burbles and bangs and pops.
I know the road quite well so was able to push the Michelins quite hard and get some decent understeer and wheel spin going.

GazmaN

Had a fantastic drive with the windows down. N Custom mode, hills to the side of me, second, third and fourth on rotation up my favourite hill..... It was a lovely, semi wet drive FULL of burbles and bangs and pops.
I know the road quite well so was able to push the Michelins quite hard and get some decent understeer and wheel spin going.
Reckon you would've been able to push as hard with the Pirellis?

GazmaN

I'm not sure.
The PZeros did aquaplane and I have not had that with these so i'd say yes.
Cool, thanks. Next track day has been canned for obvious reasons, following one not until August so it's gonna take me a bit longer to destroy the Zeroes. Looking forward to upgrading when they finally die. Enjoy!

KoalaKiller

RIEGER HYUNDAI I30N SIDE SKIRT EXTENSIONS
Possibly

POTN;

OR

With red stripe possibly.
The problem with the Rieger is they do not come red, so you have to paint or wrap them. Nsport websites ones come red and they have 2 styles

R Veloster N

The problem with the Rieger is they do not come red, so you have to paint or wrap them. Nsport websites ones come red and they have 2 styles
You bought the inserts. Thought so, I was just guesstimating where you got them from.:)

Last edited:

JAYtheVET

Purchased the air filter (Pipercross with painted N logo) and vent visors (cause I'm a dirty smoker) from the Hyundai accessories Germany website tonight. Will have pictures on my thread when installed. I'm going to start adding stuff now. I have plans...mostly so BBKF breathes better. I'm going to go from a snorkel all the way to the exhaust tips (exception: turbo). Add springs, purple mount bushings, and a remap. After that I'll be done...maybe.

1585176303360.png

Last edited:

Hyper-Byker

Took mine for a bit of a thrash around Norfolk/Suffolk border late this afternoon. I've probably done more miles doing fun thrashes than standard A-B driving. Can't help myself.

BoyRacerN

Picked mine up the other week (engine Red), so far;
- slight tint on the front windows
- custom license plate, gold on black
- ordered black hyundai badge cover, side skirt inlays and side mirror stickers
- debadged the "i30"
- currently at the detailer getting ceramic coating

will upload pictures once i've done everything to it