• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Technical bulletin for misfire/high pressure fuel pump

4th time my car goes to the garage.

Now they change the starter motor (3rd one), the high pressure pump (2nd time), the inyectors and the flywheel.

In 10-15 days I have my car back. I'll tell if it's solved.
They just appear to be throwing parts as the car, have they tried checking the spark plugs and the earth connection for the injectors?

If it's under warranty then I don't care. Different matter if you're paying for it yourself.
I certainly wouldn't like my car being dismantled by Muppets and not necessarily put back together correctly in search of a solution to a problem they can't be arsed to diagnose logically. You'd end up with more, not less, problems.

I just had my hpfp replaced and now my car doesn't sound that aggressive and the bangs are not what they use to be. What can the fault be? To low fuel measurements compared to the old one?

I just had my hpfp replaced and now my car doesn't sound that aggressive and the bangs are not what they use to be. What can the fault be? To low fuel measurements compared to the old one?
I would drive it for a few 100 miles (km´s) and see what that does.
The ecu can take some time to adapt, relearn.

Last edited:
I would drive it for a few 100 miles (km´s) and see what that does.
The ecu can take some time to adapt, relearn.
Thank you friend,
I've got a old hpfp that got 1500 miles on. If this does not change it i will replace the new one with the old one.

Can it be, after a few 100kms that the sound and bangs will come back?

Thank you friend,
I've got a old hpfp that got 1500 miles on. If this does not change it i will replace the new one with the old one.

Can it be, after a few 100kms that the sound and bangs will come back?
I had mine replaced (leaky seal) and the N was literally no different afterwards. Same old pop and bang fun as before.

Following this my car started with random turning over without starting, and now its stuttering and jerking when I push the gas pedal down and put the motor under load. Ive asked them to look at the HPFP and so far no luck. Taking it to a new dealer in the hopes they can sort it out. Already done stark plugs and intake clean. Tried a second fuel station in case it was fuel. I can only hope it get sorted soon, my car just ticked over the 5 yr mark. Its a 2018, manual first-gen. Here in Australia.

Get a decent diagnostic scanner attached to the ODB port and you can see the exact fuel pressures. Then you'll have something to go on.

Reactions: Raven75
Get a decent diagnostic scanner attached to the ODB port and you can see the exact fuel pressures. Then you'll have something to go on.
Got a decent diagnostic and a second generation fuel pump. It’s back to normal, full power pulls, no stuttering on heavy exceleration. I did the pump change myself. Didn’t take long with the manual and correct tools. Below is the two pars and you can see the part ending in A1 is a lot newer build.

D1574F2F-2EDF-4664-A435-763C3A01A0AE.jpeg

My pump is also an A1 from a 2019 model year. Glad youre sorted. I reckon about 30 mins to change. Where did you buy yours from?

I think all the pumps ending in A0 are the problem ones.

Got a decent diagnostic and a second generation fuel pump. It’s back to normal, full power pulls, no stuttering on heavy exceleration. I did the pump change myself. Didn’t take long with the manual and correct tools. Below is the two pars and you can see the part ending in A1 is a lot newer build.
Which manual are you referring to mate?