• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Subwoofer advice

Sventraxi30N

Nthusiast
Dec 18, 2022
Mars
Hi!

Can someone advice for a subwoofer with a very "punch" effect? I don't like deep bass. I prefer more "woofer style" rather than subwoofer style. I would define it "dry and punching".

Either active or passive.

Thanks!

Every subwoofer with a built-in low pass filter (dry/punchy will usually be around 50–80 Hz) will get close to the sound you're looking for. In my experience, it won't come close to the dry and punchy bass you'd get from say a huge club speaker, but yeah, close enough. Mine is a JBL BassPro 12:

JBL.jpg

Lives happily rent-free in the trunk since 2018.

Reactions: YNWaN
I use an active sub by Audison (just an 8” driver in a small sealed box) and the bass punch is excellent. Sealing the air gap between the mid/bass drivers and the door card can also make a big difference to bas punch.

As an aside, it’s very interesting to see, in car audio, the fashion for very large bass drivers. I have a high-end home audio system and the sub in that system only has an 8” driver. Now that may seem surprising but the box is pretty big and the bass drivers in the main speakers are 12”. But this setup is capable of energising a room that is significantly bigger than the inside of any car to truly insane levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: drehstrom
Normalmente estos subwoofers sólo sirven como acompañamiento. Son muy limitados. Nunca me convencieron del todo.

La morilla es el submarino más "alta fidelidad" que instalé. No es barato y necesitas un buen amplificador.

Tienes que pensar qué buscar, porque el subwoofer se comerá el resto del sonido. La instalación debe estar equilibrada.

Normalmente estos subwoofers sólo sirven como acompañamiento. Son muy limitados. Nunca me convencieron del todo.

La morilla es el submarino más "alta fidelidad" que instalé. No es barato y necesitas un buen amplificador.

Tienes que pensar qué buscar, porque el subwoofer se comerá el resto del sonido. La instalación debe estar equilibrada.

@oscardillo english only in the international section, please!

I have been reading ma u reviews of the Sony Xs-nw1202 and most of them agrees on the fact that the sound is very punchy. Similar to what I am looking for. Any experience wig that sub? And what amp would you match to it?