• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Snetterton Track Day - 17th Feb 2020

OK. I guess there aren't that many enthusiastic i30N owners in the east of England and I was the only 30N there. Got a few comments form some of the marshals on how I'd chosen the right car for the job.
I can tell you all that it was huge adrenalin rush for the first session I did and I sweated buckets and was very tense. Took a good break between each time out on track and things got better and smoother each time.
Our cars don't seem to have a good top speed as it takes a while to get up to speed but in the corners, they're a dream. It really feels like a rally car (good job I've got my RallyFlapz, haha). The noise, the handling and the cornering, all stunning. The only slight problem is that the brakes faded after a few laps in each session which is contrary to most of the reviews I've read and seen. I took a couple of friends who couldn't believe the levels of grip at hand. Skidding, screeching, revving. Fuck me, you've got to try it.

i30N - Snetterton - 17.02.20 -  (5).jpg

i30N - Snetterton - 17.02.20 -  (12).jpg

i30N - Snetterton - 17.02.20 -  (18).jpg

Nice.
I've done a few days. (Knockhill and Croft)

I'm doin Snetteron 9th April if you fancy another.
Change brake fluid to Castrol SRF Racing. Even that little change helps the brakes a lot. Cheapest upgrade I've done, and best value for money too.

Last edited:
That's tempting, mate.
It's a little too far ahead for me to book for definite as my work can call me up to go away any time. If I think I'll be about, I'll certainly join you.
Did you do the brake fluid thing yourself?

Yes, it was quite straight forward. Brake bleed kit from Halfords for Ā£5.
Start with NS Rear, then OS Rear. NS Front then OS Front.
SRF is very clear fluid, so you can see the colour change.

Reactions: R Veloster N
Done several sessions there in both my Ns both non-GPF and my current GPF. Love the track at Snetterton.

I found power backs off after a while, these cars really could benefit from a larger or more efficient intercooler. Brakes were fine, tyres get really good once upto 40c+ Firmer suspension and and upgraded IC is all i can ask for from the car if it was a "track toy" but its a daily and a toy all rolled into one!

Really want to do snetterton but its sooooo far from where i live lol