• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
yea maybe after a few weeks of acclimatising to the noise I would want more. The sport cats for me are just too expensive. I would have to go decat hence why I think it might just be a tad too loud
Any difference in performance? Turbo lag reduced etc? Ordered mine at the weekend, cant wait to fit.

Hi,

I installed my HDT tube today.

Jesus christ it's awesome. The sound isn't distorted but is much louder, more pops, more growling ... The sound is clearly louder. I could install a decat in addition but the decat HDT requires to lengthen the wiring of the probes and this is where my limit is, I don"t want to modify the electronic components. In addition my partner will give birth to a little girl in 6 months I must not exaggerate, for the moment the eco mode will do very well. For less than 200 euros (185) transport + assembly included, it"s clearly a modification to be made for those who want more noise without breaking the bank.
For the moment no CEL and I clearly think that I wouldn't have one. I have driven 65km on small roads with traffic. Regarding the performance of the vehicle I did not see a difference but it was clearly not the purpose of the maneuver.

The decat does not require any wire extension for the 2nd lambda sensor. Its position is like stock and anyway the narrowband can be disabled.

Edit: needless to say that decat requires ecu tune, because cel will pop.

Last edited:
Reactions: H13ONN
The decat does not require any wire extension for the 2nd lambda sensor. Its position is like stock and anyway the narrowband can be disabled.

Edit: needless to say that decat requires ecu tune, because cel will pop.

I'm just saying what I read on the HDT site :p

Yeah as said by Menlab, decat pipe will retain sensor position but will need a remap to prevent CEL coming on.
The little decat sensor cheaters might work?

Yeah as said by Menlab, decat pipe will retain sensor position but will need a remap to prevent CEL coming on.
The little decat sensor cheaters might work?
Put a proper expensive euro6 mini cat and you should be fine. I haven't tried it (yet)

Reactions: H13ONN
What?

Of course there are. The pro is that you will free up a little bit of flow, meaning a bit of extra performance and definitely a lot more sound (louder pops and bangs, more burbles).

The con is that, once the GPF is removed, you need to map the sensors out of the ECU, which leaves a footprint on the unit. So next time you go into Hyundai for engine warranty work, they will read the ECU and simply deny it (hence why a lot of people use tuning boxes for their Stage 1 tunes).

Trust me, we all want to remove our GPFs here, but there is a reason as to why most don't do it. Chucking 5 years/Unlimited mileage warranty out the window is hard to swallow.
You wanna say that tuning boxes are not visible for dealer? You sure?

Today I gave back my new 70mm exhaust and installed oem back for now - waiting for remus exhaust.
I was totally surprised how loud is it with HDT Flexpipe and HDT resonated dummy GPF.
There is only one bad thing - sooner or later muffler box will be damaged because of this parts (remember what TarmoT said).
So the only option for me is still new exhaust but I don;t think it will be so great like oem.

PS. I scared many people today and also pissed off some with this sound.

Today I gave back my new 70mm exhaust and installed oem back for now - waiting for remus exhaust.
I was totally surprised how loud is it with HDT Flexpipe and HDT resonated dummy GPF.
There is only one bad thing - sooner or later muffler box will be damaged because of this parts (remember what TarmoT said).
So the only option for me is still new exhaust but I don;t think it will be so great like oem.

PS. I scared many people today and also pissed off some with this sound.

I don't see where he wrote that 🧐

I don't see where he wrote that 🧐
He wrote some about rear muffler box when he changed downpipe in "RES DELETE" thread:

"..............I have experience with bad rear muffler when I installed aftermarket DP with 200cel cat. My exhaust was even still resonated (aftermarket resonator) but it still happened.
I also didn´t notice any remarkable weird noises (during first 3000km) but my exhaust guy told me that rear box makes weird sound already after first 1000km-s. In March he made me new full exhaust and we cut oem rear box half to inspect what was wrong there. Baffles inside of rear muffler where loose and my exhaust guy explained me the reason like this:
Most factory exhaust systems are a compromise between quality and price - Hyundai is pretty cheap car and the build quality of rear box, is not the best. It is good untill nobody will make changes but if resonance will be increased (resonator removed or aftermarket DP will be installed), original rear muffler is not good anymore. Additional resonace will shake baffles loose earlier or later anyway................ "

So watch out for rear muffler when gpf delete or doing other exhaust modifications...

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Oh no, I had the opportunity to hear a remab cataback and it really does not please and costs way too expensive for what it brings. The only resonable solution would be to return the original GPF and hope to have damaged nothing
or then see how much costs an original rear silencer and put a new one after.