• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Radio Engineer Mode / Android

Once you've got into engineers mode what exactly can you do?
Reset the device to default correctly, and reboot it.
There is also a way you can run an exploit via AppNavi via here to gain root access to Linux system.

With the Android devices (PFL) you can install apks over OBD (apparently)

As long as they don’t find out you didn’t brick it by playing around with the engineering mode. There’s also something called, personal integrity and honesty which is involved as well.👍🇺🇸

Here's something found on twitter, interesting reading: (note - I'm not the author nor do I take any responsibility for the content)

If my memory is still in good shape, I've tried 2702 but it didn't worked for me.

So, if there's no option to change the CPU variant I wouldn't bother anymore.

Thanks.
Please take a picture of your headunits firmware and model.
Hiw did you try to come in the menu?

I have the i30n FL with the 8" monitor no navi. On the PFL with the 8" monitor when pressing the N on the screen you could see on the monitor the oil temp , boost , torque etc but now on the FL i cant. Is there a way to have these on the FL maybe a setting on the engineer mode?
Thank you

Reactions: jbt90