• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Just back from the dealer need two new front tyres and a rear one has a big screw just in off the shoulder.Asked what they could get hold off,as I didn't want Pirellis again.And was told you can only fit the Zero HN on the car cos it will pull left and right if I don't have them.This was from the manager unreal,I just wanted to laugh.

Just back from the dealer need two new front tyres and a rear one has a big screw just in off the shoulder.Asked what they could get hold off,as I didn't want Pirellis again.And was told you can only fit the Zero HN on the car cos it will pull left and right if I don't have them.This was from the manager unreal,I just wanted to laugh.

Major oof

@Mightymoo This isn't what Hyundai gave you as a loaner?:eek::p

Dirt Road - were they able to get it fixed right this time?

Crap, sorry to hear it.

Reactions: Mightymoo
Thanks everyone for helpful responses. Ps4s impressed me a lot, so I was thinking of going back and swapping rear tyres as well. Reading the above I'm confident I'll do that this weekend.

Are you still on the Pirellis for the rears? - I'm in the same boat now after 10k my front 2 need replacing and I'm considering the PS4S, just cautious about having different tyres on the front compared to the rear :oops:
I am right now but won't be doing so after this weekend :) the place I went to said it's not really a problem to have different tyres on the front and back

Reactions: YaxleyR
Thanks everyone for helpful responses. Ps4s impressed me a lot, so I was thinking of going back and swapping rear tyres as well. Reading the above I'm confident I'll do that this weekend.

I am right now but won't be doing so after this weekend :) the place I went to said it's not really a problem to have different tyres on the front and back
That's good to hear, I've ordered 2 ps4s for the front and having them fitted tomorrow (swapping them to the back as others suggested) and will then get 2 more when the remaining 2 have worn out

Reactions: icelink
To maintain the control and traction available at the rear wheels and keep the rear of the car as stable and planted as possible. Always the best tread on the back.;)

Edit...On all cars, not just ours.
Completely agree with this. Problem is that once you've put a bit of wear on the front and want to rotate front to rear, you are by definition putting your worst tyres on the rear, even though you don't want to.

I just rotate every 5000km.

I''ll probably cop flak for this but with regard to having the better tyres on the rear - I totally get the science that this is best for vehicle stability and 'safety', however I've always preferred most grip being on the front so I have sharp steering. I would rather a bit of oversteer. Guess I'm like a dog - if the tail is wagging I am happy.

Can someone tell me if it's ok to have tracking/alignment done according regular i30 suspension model? Had mine done yesterday and want to make sure it's correct

Reactions: jeroenvde
Can someone tell me if it's ok to have tracking/alignment done according regular i30 suspension model? Had mine done yesterday and want to make sure it's correct

Check out "The Bible" in the guides/how to section of the forum.
All info for N in there. I'd be very surprised if it's the same a standard i30.

Reactions: icelink
Check out "The Bible" in the guides/how to section of the forum.
All info for N in there. I'd be very surprised if it's the same a standard i30.
thanks, numbers are wrong so I will be back to the place for alignment

Have done some shopping around for different tread to replace the Pirelli P-Zeroes and the amount of people asking "Why do you need something like that for your i30" is funny :rolleyes:

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S's are pretty expensive no matter who you go through it seems.

I was offered a cheaper alternative - Federal ST 1 for 2/3 the price which I'm looking into - anyone on here have any thoughts?

Have done some shopping around for different tread to replace the Pirelli P-Zeroes and the amount of people asking "Why do you need something like that for your i30" is funny :rolleyes:

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S's are pretty expensive no matter who you go through it seems.

I was offered a cheaper alternative - Federal ST 1 for 2/3 the price which I'm looking into - anyone on here have any thoughts?
Look at the Eagle F1's asymmetric, they are a bit cheaper but also good

Reactions: simmo777
I had eagle f1 asymetric 3 on my focus ST, didnt really like them. Grip-wise they were a little like the P zeros i'd say, so ok in the dry but not enough traction in the wet. However, the current version is asymetric 5 and maybe those are different/better.

Just got Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3s instead of my P Zeros. So far I feel like the grip level is above what the P Zeros delivered, but I also have the feeling that they are quite spongey.

Like when I steer into a corner and then make a correction halfway through you really notice how the flanks bend - make the steering input, front follows through and then quite a bit later the back. If I do a tight slalom I get the feeling the back is going to come around any moment.

I feel like something's wrong with them. They don't even feel half as accurate as the P Zeros right now, but then again I only have ~180kms on them.

Is it just that the tyres are not properly broken in yet or are they just so much more spongey than the P Zeros?

I now have 300km on the Hankooks and they still feel the same. Tried around a bit and made a small slalom with around 160kph, they just feel like winter tyres. I seriously have no clue how they got a 91Y rating, seeing that they drive so poorly at higher speeds.

Went to the tyre dealer, now we'll see if theres any possibility of a refund. Thinking of switching back to HN P Zeros, or maybe PS4S.

Reactions: R Veloster N