• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N N Custom Mode Not Saving Settings

Eth254

New Member
Sep 10, 2026
5
0
1
Staffordshire
Hello, I've recently purchased a Pre facelift 68 plate i30N and noticed that the custom n model settings return to their default each time the car is started, I've tried a few of the solutions I've seen online but I've had nothing concrete and my local Hyundai service centre seem less than enthusiastic to help.

Anyone experienced this before and have any specific details or fixes?
 
For my '24 US model EN I've seen consistent results by waiting for the "Welcome" screen to select my Name an let it finish it's set-up. If I rush and don't wait for the "name" screen or just put it in gear it resets to N for each lever. This is a known software bug since late 2024/early 2025
 
For my '24 US model EN I've seen consistent results by waiting for the "Welcome" screen to select my Name an let it finish it's set-up. If I rush and don't wait for the "name" screen or just put it in gear it resets to N for each lever. This is a known software bug since late 2024/early 2025
Yeah my i30N doesn't have users etc so I don't have a "name" screen, I can try troubleshooting by giving the car more time in accessory before starting the engine but I doubt this would affect it.

If it's a software bug then I'd imagine I'm pretty screwed.
 
I've had that a couple of weeks ago during a driver's training. But not during normal driving conditions. During the training the car got started really frequently and I started driving directly after starting the car.
I never experienced that beforehand.
Now, everything works fine so maybe the waiting idea is the way to go.
 
I've had that a couple of weeks ago during a driver's training. But not during normal driving conditions. During the training the car got started really frequently and I started driving directly after starting the car.
I never experienced that beforehand.
Now, everything works fine so maybe the waiting idea is the way to go.
I imagine it is an issue with a computer in the car or a button cell battery or something responsible for the memory, I just really don't want to tear the boot apart to find it.
 
HOPE! Just completed an OTA software update and, thus far, the custom selections are staying set! (update - turns out the update hadn't completed yet - it took several days of 15-20 minute trips to complete and during that time it did "loose it's settings" once. Interestingly there was a Warning that the vehicle shouldn't be driven during some parts of the update; I ignored them and some features were not available during that time, the vehicle drove fine. Since then it has remembered the settings but I haven't started the vehicle enough to determine if it's fixed.)
 
Last edited:
The OTA update has resolved the Custom Mode being forgotten!
I've even ignored the driver selection screen and my preferences are still there when I select the left or right N Levers. A minor issue with our perfect EN.
 
The OTA update has resolved the Custom Mode being forgotten!
I've even ignored the driver selection screen and my preferences are still there when I select the left or right N Levers. A minor issue with our perfect EN.
Unfortunately I'm a pre facelift i30n i don't think my car supports the OTA and the update guide online doesn't suggest my model has an outstanding update