• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i30 N, Ioniq 5 N, i20 N, Veloster N and Kona N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Mudflaps - yay or nay

Are mud flaps a good idea

  • Yay

    Votes: 95 62.9%
  • Nay

    Votes: 56 37.1%

  • Total voters
    151
There's a set of Flapz for a Fastback in the marketplace :)
 
Yo también estoy interesado en los guardabarros, pero me gustarían un poco más "discretos" aparte de que el coche duerme en garaje al cual se accede por una rampa y al ser tan bajo (tuve que hacer un suplemento a la rampa porque roza al entrar ) Temo que estos de la marca Flapz al bajar la rueda los atrape rompiéndolos, aparte de sobresalir mucho por los lados para mi gusto, me gustan pero los veo más para un coche de rally. Yo había pensado en una cosa más como la foto que os adjunto. Había pensado en los originales de la casa pero he leido que no valen para el N.
Si sabéis de otros ...
 

Attachments

  • guardabarros.jpg
    guardabarros.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 31
I've used both makes on different Focus ST's and this time round I decided to buy the Rally Armor ones (standard ones with the Rally Armor logo in red on black flaps) for the I30 N. I just prefer the slightly more discrete look personally.

I don't know about the RallyFlapz one's for the I30 N... but I wasn't that impressed with the fixing kit for them for my first Focus ST. The fixing plates were steel (laser part cut) that you had to bend into the correct shape before fitting and the instructions I felt were not that good. Could just be that I'm a bit thick of course :( Though must admit that they look cool with the "N" logo for the I30 N and are available in the UK (as opposed to the Rally Armor ones, which are not).

Though as usual... up to an each individual as to what they feel suits them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: papajimG
Hey Everyone,
Since my brand new i30N was totalled, I'm ordering another brand new one. I ordered a new set of rallyflapZ mudlflaps with request to make them 1 inch shorter. I got a response that my request will be passed to production so I hope they will make it happen.

I will post photos after taking delivery. I'm sure many of you have issues with those flaps scraping everything that is bigger than 8 cm high
 
  • Like
Reactions: loafer-N77
Hey Everyone,
Since my brand new i30N was totalled, I'm ordering another brand new one. I ordered a new set of rallyflapZ mudlflaps with request to make them 1 inch shorter. I got a response that my request will be passed to production so I hope they will make it happen.

I will post photos after taking delivery. I'm sure many of you have issues with those flaps scraping everything that is bigger than 8 cm high
I cut all of mine down ages ago as they were always scraping.
 
not a good pic or angle, but I was in a hurry the previous week that I finally installed them. Looking nice though (and omg, the car has some many Ns ahahaha)
IMG_20200415_091859.jpg
=4496&hash=177fe8885657a23ee27f5a4acc687e50']
 
  • Like
Reactions: My White “N”
That's what I like about them.
Mine do ground out occasionally but I use it as a warning in too near something. Especially when parking close to kerbs. Sort of an audible warning before rim damage occurs.

 
That's what I like about them.
Mine do ground out occasionally but I use it as a warning in too near something. Especially when parking close to kerbs. Sort of an audible warning before rim damage occurs.

The main reason I cut them down was for ground clearance, if you regularly go over speedhumps when the mudflaps hit the hump that's quite a vertical force on the fixings, something they were never designed for.
 
Hello from Saint-Petersburg =)

Has anybody experiences with Rallyflapz mud flaps in winter?

Is it poosible to attach official Rallyflapz installation instruction (I have tried to use usual rubber without any frame - it's not good:D)?
 
Last edited:
Hello from Saint-Petersburg =)

Has anybody experiences with Rallyflapz mud flaps in winter?

Is it poosible to attach official Rallyflapz installation instruction (I have tried to use usual rubber without any frame - it's not good:D)?
I have rallyflapz fitted to my my N for over 12 months now and wouldn’t be without them ,20 minutes to fit all 4 (sorry thrown out the instructions) pay the money for them, they are worth it.
 
Strangely I might only fit fronts. This something I have done in the past to protect my own sides etc and not worry to much about what’s going on from the rear....

Can they be purchased without the “n” on them?
 
  • Like
Reactions: BoyRacerN